Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.4

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

I purchased this initially because I loved the beautiful Flemish (?) image on the packaging. Almost reminds me of a tarot card...I am sure there exists a deck out there somewhere with this sort of imagery. I normally do not even wear lip colour, especially something that looks as red as this does in the tube. However, I found it to be very, very sheer...like a nude pomegranate, and quite wearable (it's still almost too much colour for me though!)

The color of this is beautiful. I bought it but I soon found out that it felt terrible on my lips. I wear lots of lipsticks too. I just hated the way it felt and put it up for swap. I have swapped it for Saint Rouge and the person I swapped with likes Medieval as do most people it seems so perhaps I am an outlier. I recommend trying it in the store and wearing it awhile before you buy it to see whether your lips hate it like mine did. The good thing about it for me is that when you put it up for swap you will have lots of offers.

My lips are quite red naturally, and I have spent years trying to find a colour that looks natural, and this is fantastic. During the day it is quite sheer but it can be made to be more of a statement if you want. The blurb on the back says that it will give you that just bitten lip look and that is really what it looks like on me. I have some other lipsticks by Poppy but this is my absolute must have and I really want to buy another so I can have one on my dressing room table and one in my bag

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Every time I wear this, my husband wants to kiss it off. He says its the only non-intimidating thing I wear (besides lip balm) and it makes my mouth look 'delicious'. Enough said. :)

I want a natural lip stained color with no shimmer or texture. I read about this product in a “top 10 must have’s” Beauty column. I ordered this from the Beauty Queens web-site and had it within 7 days. I am very pleasantly surprised. It does exactly what was advertised. It glides on easy, leaves no shimmer or texture, just a hint of color with the slightest sheen. On my lips, the red color is brighter rather than deep. Not a deep red like the stick color would have you think. I find it moisturizing and apply one layer, blot and another layer and blot. My lips look natural.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked the wash of sheer colour that it gave, but I had issues with the texture. It's deceivingly smooth and creamy, but all that creaminess does not translate into hydration for the lips - so underneath that sheer smooth layer, my lips were left dry.

Great sheer red and is buildable too. I am afraid of red lipsticks since I am pale with dark hair. They tend to make me look too clowny or too vampire. This one is sheer and 1 coat looks like a natural but rosier lip or several coats can look more intense. It wears well and is moisturizing. Like the reviewer below, most reddish tints or stains tend to go pink or me or wear unevenly but this wears nicely and can work for every day. The price is a bit high but the quality is great. The only comparable color and moisturizing wear I have found is Korres Wild Rose lip butter but you have to get your fingers dirty with that one since it is in a pot. I like the lipstick packaging of this tint since it is easier to carry and more sanitary. Great color for us pale girls who are chicken sh*t when it comes to a red lippie:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was excited to try this so I'm really disappointed that Medieval didn't work for me. It went kind of orangey and didn't look bitten or flushed at all. It seemed moisturizing but had a greasy feel I didn't like. I'm still giving it three lippies because it seems like a quality product that was just wrong for me.

IMO, $25 (with shipping) is way too much for anything less than a HG . I'll stick with my $1.00 N.Y.C. Sheer Red.

Generally I don't like wearing lipstick or gloss during the day so I was delighted to find a tinted lip moisturiser. Medieval is super-moisturising - perfect for these cold winter days when my lips dry out so easily - and tinted a gorgeous red. I have brown/black hair, green eyes and very fair skin and Medieval looks amazing on me. There's nowhere near as much pigment as in lipstick but there's enough colour to get me noticed and make me feel lovely. I feel super-confident wearing this during the day and have no idea how I lived without it.

I don't know why so many people are saying this is just a coloured lipbalm! It is fairly sheer, but it has far more pigment than any lip balm I've ever seen and isn't really as moisturising as one.

Price and packaging: I bought this for £19.50 from SpaceNK (I live in England but the product is the same.) This is very expensive for a lipstick, but I truly think it's the best out there that I've found. The packaging is very nice too, plastic holding it onto a card with the Biblical scene of Eve and the apple tree printed on it, but upside down. This symbolizes how upside down our world has become. Each element of the picture symbolizes something, which you can see on http://www.lipstickqueen.com/product_frame.htm It adds a bit of unusualness to the lipstick! As to the casing of the actual product, it is a shiny metal casing that is very durable and feels satisfyingly heavy to hold. It certainly won't get broken or scratched in your makeup bag. Lipstick Queen in gold letters is on the lid, and on the bottom is a little sticker that gives the name, the weight, the brand and an identifying number stamped on.

Scent and appearance:

Amazingly, this has no scent whatsoever. Amazing! If you like a scent in a lipstick, that's fine, but scent is a very personal thing and what one person likes,another will hate. Lipstick Queen has done the sensible thing here I think. As to appearance, it's a standard bullet shape.

How to use and my opinion:

I always pop on a little balm (Lush Lip Service) before any lipstick, but the one time I tried it without it went on perfectly. This is how I do all my lipstick:

1) Apply balm.

2) Apply layer of lipstick. Blot with cotton pad.

3) Apply another layer. Blot with cotton pad.

4) Apply coating of Lipcote (keeps lipstick on)

And done! This stays on all day as far as I've noticed. If it does wear off, it does so all over, and doesn't leave a ring around my lips.This is definitely my go-to l/s of a morning. It adds colour to my pale skin, and I usually wear it with a dusting of blusher and powder and a neutral brown eye. Great for work or school.If it ever runs out, I will buy again immediately. An HG I think!