Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.4

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love the colour of this and it feels so good as well as getting my lips in tip top condition. The problem is that it doesn't have much staying power. On the whole it is a staple in my make-up bag though as it feels great and it goes with everything I wear and is perfect for any occasion.

I love everything about this lipstick. It is a beautiful, true red that is truly neutral - it doesn't pull pink or orange on me. It is very emmolient and it is my go to when my lips are dried or chapped. It is sheer - I would say the texture is between a balm and a gloss. The packaging is fabulous and the card explains that it is meant to look like Victorian ladies who put colour in their lips by stinging them with lemons. You can apply it lightly and it looks like that. You can apply it over lip liner or a matte red lipstick for more lasting power. Highly recommended.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HG!!! I love this. I think it looks very nice and does exactly what it claims to. Probably my favorite lip product right now.

The downside it that it doesnt last long. I went on vacation for a week and only brought this and one other lipstick. (I cant stand the thought of losing any so I bring a minimum). I did wear it a lot, and carried it with me and reapplied throughout the day. (staying power is expectantly weak) But boy am I regretting that, in that one week I got through more lipstick than I have in any of my other tubes of lipstick. Like MAC lipsticks..you wear them often but still it doesnt seem to go down in the tube...Medieval goes more like a lipbalm which I guess makes since.

If you go into the purchase knowing its more like a tinted lipbalm in terms of color, staying power, and longevity you will be pleasantly surprised. It is really so, so beautiful. But if you go into it expecting a lot of opaque color, or a lipstick staying power you may be disappointed. It has enough color to change your lip color and its obvious to me that I'm wearing something but others may think I just have naturally red lips. I am trying to wear it minimally because I dont want to run out, but when I do I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

If red lipstick tends to turn magenta or fuschia on you, then I am afraid this product will not work. I am one of those people, and even with one or two swipes of this very sheer product, I ended up with magenta lips. ARGH.

I thought it was expensive, considering how much you need to use to get any color going on your lips. It's in a lipstick tube and is shaped like lipstick, but it's definitely sheer. I'd compare its consistency and pigmentation to Colorslicks lip gloss.

My favourite lipstick of all time.

After reading raves here I expected great things and I got it. Medieval is the only red I have ever felt comfortable wearing during the day, and I find I reach for it more than any other. It brightens my complexion and makes my lips look so moisturised and lush.

It feels great on the lips but is short-lasting (I wouldn't expect a sheer to last long, though) and i've found i've gone through the tube pretty quickly as you have to apply a lot of it to get enough colour.

Don't use a liner with it - its nicer as a natural flush of colour without edges.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The first lip product I've bought that is causing me to write a review. I would definitely buy this again, a little more than sheer, but not a red lipstick. My lip bag will not be complete without this now. My new favorite!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I thought this would be more of a wine red shade but the color seems just a little off to me. I can't put my finger on it but I have a hard time liking it. After reading all of the reviews on MUA it seems like the shade is a chameleon, wearing differently on each person. So maybe it is just my natural lip color that is not reacting well to it. I love the formula though. It is very sheer and moisturizing but doesn't have must staying power at all, even less than the Saint line. The jury is out on whether I will repurchase.

Luv, luv, luv the sheer lip color of Medieval!

From the first time I put it on, I knew I would be hooked as it's truly everything I want in a lippie. Looking at it inside the tube initially, I was concerned it would be too red but no worries, because for me, it's the perrrrfect pinky-plum-rose that doesn't scream "I'm wearing red lipstick!". I actually thought to myself "Iook at those rosebud lips!" It's a great match to my own medium pink-red lips and it makes them feel oh-so-luscious as it moisturizes them to kissable softness even if they get a little dry. It's not sticky & has no turnoffs in taste or smell, and only the very slightest bit of shimmer & shine. The color lasts all morning, even thru 2 cups of coffee, and I re-apply after lunch. It is much like a stain - I swatched some on my hand & rubbed hard for a minute or so, & altho it seemed to be removed, I still detect some color on my fair-medium skin.

The tube is beautiful & feminine and altho this is pricy at $20, I don't have to keep spending money to find the perfect pigment when all I want is a moisturizing sheer wash of color. Given that one good swipe on top & bottom lips gives me the color I want, this should last a long, long, time.

Medieval is the HG lippie that I don't want to be without. Will def. repurchase again & look forward to trying other products from Lipstick Queen.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this product! Gives me a lovely, soft cerise colour. Not too much drama, but still visible. What was a very pleasant surprise to me at first is that I can apply it without having to use lipbalm first, which is something I've gotten used to with drier lipsticks. This one is a balm and a colour in one, which is wonderful. Long lasting, moisturizing, and lovely looking, this product leaves my lips enticing in colour and soft to the touch!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This product is amazing. Most moisturizing thing I've put on my lips. It rivals the best lip balms I've used (La Mer and Burts Bees Replenishing). What I adore even more then that is the juicy color this imparts. It lasted a good solid 4 hours on me (even through drinking). It looks like a sheer red with a berry tone to it (My lips are fairly pigmented in a purple/red color already). I love the glow. It's nice to have something without scent/flavor/shimmer for an every day look. I'd like to try layering this with my Burts Bees Rhubarb lippie to see the results! This is going on the list of things I need!