Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.4

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

I freaking LOVE this lipstick! It's basically just a really nice tinted balm, true, but it's super flattering, has cute-as-hell packaging, and a nice light feel. No fragrance or flavour thank god, so I don't end up licking it off immediately.

My only major gripes are the limited stockists (none in NZ anymore!) and the price - kinda expensive for what it is! Depends on your budget I guess.

Conclusion: super great casual lipstick for people with decent incomes (so, not students).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Had read about this product and then saw it in Ulta. I really love it. I am a fan of "sheer" color versus bold color and I like something that "stains" as it wears off versus leaving me with "ring around the mouth". This product meets these criteria. It's a flattering, berry shade of red and leaves behind a subtle red stain as it wears off. Easy to apply and is becoming my "go to" product. I like the packaging - simple, not too big or bulky. Another reviewer mentioned the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey as a better option but I would disagree. I found the Clinique product wore off and left nothing behind so I had to constantly re-apply. This product is one I will definitely buy again.

This is a sheer reddish berry. It may be because I am starting to like bold lips better, but I am not a fan. It is very sheer which is nice, but so replicable. I feel like lip smackers Dr. Pepper and ClInique's Black Honey are cheaper and more moisturizing versions of this. If you are looking for a neutral beginners red, there are better options out there. This is too expensive and sheer for what it is. Oh, and I hate the metal packaging, it's weird but the noise that it makes when I open it makes me cringe!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely sheer red lipstick. It goes on me as more of a pinkish-red than a true-red, but I like it nonetheless. There is no scent or taste, and it has a balmy look and feel that gives just a hint of color (my favorite texture for a lipstick, anyways). Its not really 'buildable' so its best for a more natural look. The staying power is typical of any sheer lipstick (1-2 hrs). I am strangely attracted to the Lipstick Queen brand, as much for the stories behind the products as I am for the products themselves. This was a bit pricey for me ($20 reg price, I think), though I got it during a 20% off promo from beauty.com. This is a versatile shade thatís easy to apply & wear. I would repurchase should I ever have the need.

This is a wearable red, quite moisturizing and comfortable to wear. The lasting power isn't great, but I don't mind that. So many reds are matte and drying. This one is not. It's a natural wash of red that goes well with a fair complexion. I'd recommend it for someone's first go at a red lipstick as it is sheer and not overbearing at all. Wonderful color and product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm not sure what to say about this product that hasn't been said already. The texture of this product is very nice. It feels smooth and glides on precisely, leaving a nice sheer neutral red color behind with some sheen. It is something like a cross between a tinted balm and a sheer lipstick. The color can be built up by applying more coats. It does not last long, however, so if you are looking to prolong the wear you will need to experiment with liners (perhaps Maybelline Color Sensational liner in Clear). I can't imagine this looking bad on anyone, though for reference I am very fair (NW10ish, wear BB foundations in Alabaster or Porcelain) with cool tones, though my lips are actually pigmented.

Update: I recently purchased Guerlain KissKiss in Red Love (#324), a really nice medium cool red. It doesn't serve the same purpose as Medieval, but purchasing Red Love makes me appreciate the sheerness and ease of application with Medieval--you can easily apply Medieval without a liner if you wish (though a liner wouldn't hurt), whereas with so many other red lippies, you almost HAVE to perfect your lip line with liner. And sometimes I just don't have time for that! :)

I'm a total lip product junkie and I am a huge fan of the red lip look. However, sometimes red lipstick isn't totally appropriate to wear. The reason I love Medieval so much is because it's a friendly red. It makes your face look finished and works with nearly any outfit. It's so sheer and smooth and has a very moisturizing texture that is similar to Nivea lip balm. Many times I can't stand lip glosses because they're very sticky or gum up on your lips. Medieval doesn't do that. It glides right on, leaving you with the prettiest sheer red lips. The color can be built up some too by applying more coats if you're feeling daring.

This is a great product. It is the perfect lip tint with conditioners to boot! I read about this product on Into the Gloss and decided to try sight it unseen. It didn't disappoint and has become my go to lipstick. For me, this is an everyday lipstick which adds just a hint of color. For more color, I would either layer Medieval or go to something less sheer.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Oh my.

There are no words to describe my love for this product. From the second I opened the package I knew we were meant to be.

This is lovely and understated -- but just enough color to give that *something*. This is decently moisturising and feels comfortable on the lips, but I prefer it with balm underneath.

Looks good with almost any makeup look, in my opinion. Dayum. There's just something about this that is so completely appealing. I don't think it could look bad on anyone -- you can build it up or down as you please, and it seems to transform a little based on the natural color of your lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i can never really decide if i like this or not. i wanted it to be moisturising with a subtle hint of colour. unfortunately it tends to dry out my lips. it does give a nice hint of colour though, and if i put a little but of paw paw ointment on top, my lips don't get too dry. i won't be repurchasing because i'm looking for something that will give both colour and moisture in one.