NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

on 10/25/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product for contouring on fair to medium toned skin! My only gripe is it's not QUITE as pigmented as I would like, but this does help you not overdo it on the contouring so it's not a total dealbreaker.

on 9/17/2013 6:34:00 PM

Love this! Maybe it's my skin tone (fair with pink undertones) but this stuff works great on me. It is fairly sheer and buildable, no glitter or shimmer, and it gives me the most subtle contouring without looking too muddy. By comparison,I have Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer, it's much more orange and it makes my face look dirty. I use a Real Techniques contouring brush to apply under my cheekbones and then a fluffy blush brush to apply a pinker toned blush to the apples of my cheeks. My Ulta does not carry this shade, I hope it hasn't been discontinued! I found it on Drugstore.com for $5, a steal for the perfect cool toned blush/contour.

on 9/17/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The only product I can successfully contour with. I am around NW20 with a ton of freckles, so most things end up looking orange and muddy and just weird on me. Taupe is the perfect color for me, and the formula of the blush holds up well my dry skin. It doesn't fade during the day and it is super easy to blend out and work with. I like the pigmentation as well, I tend to be a little heavy handed so it is easy for me to build this up and make it look natural.

I bought this for contouring (I'm MAC NW15 if not even more pale) and I guess it does a decent job. I get a cool, natural looking result. I'm not doing contouring every day so I don't use this very much.

PROS
It is pretty as a crease colour :)
Pretty package with see-through lid.
Perfect colour for contouring, if you're into contouring (hah).

CONS
I find it hard to get colour out of it.
Plastic package that breaks easily.
Expensive in my country (so I order online instead, yay!)

Overall, I manage without it but it's nice to have for those special occasions :)

on 9/2/2013 9:57:00 PM

I have nc20-25 skin, and it is combination. This blush is a decent contouring powder because it has some grey/cool-tones to it which mimics the shadows under your cheekbones much more naturally then a bronzer does, as most of those tend to pull a bit too orange. However, there are two factors that made me dock a lippie off this product.

1) It also has a bit of a reddish undertone. I have fairly light skin, but also some natural redness/pinkness due to acne and such. this powder can very easily appear red if too much is applied, making it a not-so-attractive look. Moreover, if too much is used, the grey and red undertones in this product will be too overpowering on the face, making it very obvious that youve got contouring going on....lots of it. On some, it will also translate to it looking like...dirt was applied to the face.

2) The packaging is horrendous...It is a soft-ish plastic that will break for no reason, and the writing also comes off the packaging quite easily. Half of my NYX blushes had trouble closing properly when they were still NEW! However, since this product is inexpensive, it is not the main reason why one lippie was docked.

Overall, this is a decent contour powder that is worth a try, $5-6 will not hurt the wallet too much, and its good to see so many people loving this product. For now, i will repurchase.

on 9/2/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:

beautiful, neutral taupe; not too orange or grey
blends beautifully to create a soft contour
pigmented enough to create a dramatic edgy contour (if desired)
works great for pale skin (im mac NW15)
inexpensive

CONS:
my lid for the powder broke off
it can be hard to find if you dont have an Ulta near you

on 8/31/2013 7:43:00 PM

Perfect contour shade for light because it creates the perfect illusion of a shadow. Im so done contouring with bronzers because those just look too orange and unnatural. This is really perfect and the price is great. Ordered it online and Im so happy that i did.

on 7/22/2013 5:43:00 PM

Finally a contour shade that I can easily fit in my bag. I really like the matte bronzers, but a lot of them have too much red in them. Taupe blush is very neutral & great for contouring. I'm a warm-fair complexion, but I have a tan going on which bumps to the "light" category & I get a lot of color payoff from this shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'd never tried contouring before, but I've always been a fairly natural-look kind of girl, so I thought that contouring might help give my face a little something extra. It does. I had to buy Taupe online because I couldn't find it in stores anywhere (not even Ulta), but it was worth it. It's a pretty ashy-pink color--perfect for very fair skin. When I apply it in the hollows of my cheeks it looks like a natural shadow. It's fairly pigmented, so you don't need to swipe much on your brush. The package is a bit smaller than I was expecting, but I'm sure it'l last a long time since you don't have to use much of it. If you're thinking about trying out contouring, I'd encourage you to give this product a try!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The one and only contour powder I ever reach for. The fact that it is taupe makes the appearance of an actual shadow under your cheekbones without looking like a line of makeup. I'm quite fair, NW-15 to 20.. 25 to 30 in the summer, and I use this all year round. Nikkietutorials on youtube uses this and as you can see she has some amazing contouring going on, lol
With NYX prices, it's worth a try!