NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

on 7/16/2009 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is more of a tan shade, rather than taupe. Goes on and blends easily for me. Perfect to blend out the crease, or just to use for a natural/neutral eye (on me at least). It is sort of matte with a bit of shimmer in it, if that makes sense haha
Not the world's best payoff, but not horrible either.

By the way, those of you that tried this as a contour color--try the taupe BLUSH instead..you'll be much happier with it because it's matte.

on 12/17/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not a game changer for me BUT I will still get some use out of it. I have a medium skin tone so this is a little light for me. Plus, I found it hard to build up to get color on my skin tone. It is also, ssoooo powdery!? Is this new to NYX blushes? I have other colors in the older packaging that are delightful but this one just dusted up something fierce. Wet n Wild has a contour palette that works very well for me that is about the same price but has a highlight shade. I will save this blush for a no makeup look. It is nothing to write home about. But I had to try it! MUA made me do it! 😄

on 2/8/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I thought this didn't have much pigmentation to it, despite being well loved among the makeup community. I think it is a really great drugstore option for a contour, but I was disappointed by the lack of pigmentation, that I would rather seek out another product. I believe I read somewhere that you can scrape off the top layer of the product and after trying that, it helped slightly. I think this is definitely worth a try, especially for those who have fair to light skin.

on 4/6/2014 10:37:00 AM

I love the color of this product for contouring. It is a really cool, gray brown that really creates the shadow effect. It's a pretty color for contouring, especially for pale skin who don't want orange tones.

However, I agree with another reviewer about how it's WAY too easy to make this blush muddy on the skin if you're pale. I'm an NC20.I have the sleek contour kit, and while its more "orange and red" in tones, its much easier to blend, and doesnt look as muddy. After I put on my NC20 foundation, I have a pale canvas to work on. This shows up really muddy. And I used my MAC 188 brush, for reference. I think you have to be really careful with this product if you're pale like me, which is not ideal if you want to contour and run out of the house.

The color is nice, but honestly, I was disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the shade of this product for contouring (perfectly cool-to-neutral brown that never looks orange or muddy on my NW20 skin), but it's too sheer to my taste! I've tried several brushes with the product, both stiff/densely bristled and fluffy, and I always feel like I'm fighting to get enough color on my brush. The color is buildable, but it takes a lot of time to really build it up on my cheek bones, especially when using my contour brush of choice (RT's Setting brush) which is moderately fluffy and already applies powders sheerly. While it's pretty easy to do very subtle contouring with this product, getting moderate to dramatic results is much harder to do. So while I do like it for my nose and my jawline (places where I never want more than a barely-there contour), I'm never really happy using it along my cheekbones. It takes too long to achieve the results that I want.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is for the old packaging with little triangles printed into the blush...

Pros:
- perfect grey brown for contouring, mimicks a real shadow

Cons:
- very dry and hard to blend, which is disappointing because other blushes in this line are not this way
- not super pigmented

I have since bought the HD version and is is MUCH easier to blend. However, it is still not super pigmented. Won't buy again

on 11/14/2010 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm NC15 and this blush is an excellent contouring shade. I got it on the recommendation of MUAers and they were right, it is just the right shade. The blush is nicely pigmented, I have used this for two or three months now and I haven't hardly made a dent in the patterning on top. It's also very blendable, really overall an excellent blush!

My only issue here is that, starting two weeks or so into using this, I had a line of bumps on my face right where I contour. The bumps weren't anywhere else, they weren't zits or painful, just bumpy skin. I quit using it about a week ago and they are already gone, so I'm pretty sure this is the cause.

I don't have sensitive skin, but if you do be wary of this. If you don't, give it a try, it really is the perfect contouring shade!

on 3/15/2018 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

TOO WARM - This is a cult favorite contour shade for fair skin so I had to try it. I know the older version is well-loved but had more red in it. In the pan this is very warm, like a bronzer, instead of a contour. Everything pulls red or orange on me since I have so much pink in my skin. I prefer very cool taupe/purple based contours. This NYX Taupe reminds me exactly of the Catrice Prime/Fine Contour. Overall, this is too warm for my skin tone. If you are fair, and want a truly cool toned contour try my favorite L’Oréal Color Riche Eyeshadow in Café au Lait.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This doesn't have much pigmentation, I find it hard to get enough product on my brush. This blush is chalky and does not show up to much on my NC30 (yellow) skin tone. I think this would look better on lighter and cooler skintones. I personally don't like the formula, not pigmented enough does not blend well and my brushes don't pick up much of the product, I tossed it!

I bought this because so many users recommended it as a contouring shade for pale skin. I don't know what everyone else's definition of pale is, but it's obviously not the same as mine, because this stuff looks seriously muddy on me. It's BROWN. Not taupe. It's a pigmented medium brown. I've tried it as an eyeshadow, cheek contour and nose contour with various brushes over various bases, and the result is always the same: a dark, muddy smudge that's impossible to blend. I could use it as part of a trio of eyeshadow shades, but as a contouring shade it absolutely does not work. Even if I tap and brush off most of the colour before applying, it's too dark. On my cheeks I look like Lindsay Lohan (whose disastrous bruise-like contouring made headlines when she appeared in court) and on my nose I look just dirty.

For the record, I am extremely pale, but so are a lot of others who recommend this as a contouring shade.