NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

on 5/9/2016 10:16:00 PM

Like many others I'm using this as a contouring powder, and as a terrifyingly pale human it works pretty gosh darn well for that. The packaging, however, has gradually destroyed itself. The clear top popped out first, leading to the lid frame to crack around the edge and also straight up from the hinge. Be careful with this one though, build too much and you look kind of dirty or sickly or something. I use a narrowish flat brush with natural bristles to apply it and I've never had a problem with blending.

When I bought this last year, it was my first real contouring product. I think it's a great product for beginners because it's not easy to go overboard. With a fluffy contour brush, it takes several layers to get a significant contour. I usually just use this in the hollows of my cheeks and around my forehead, but it's also very useful for nose contouring as well. There may be better products out there, but for now, I'm content with this product. definitely worth trying.

on 2/3/2015 12:10:00 PM

This is the end all be all for super pale ladies. I have been skeptical of buying a contour color because they all are just wrong. but this one is just perfect. i was skeptical of the brand as i've never used it. works like a charm.

on 7/21/2014 7:19:00 PM

Most people use this a contour but it works as an actual blush for me. I have yellow olive skin and I have the worst time finding makeup that looks "right". Sephora and Ulta roll their eyes when I walk in with my returns! This is very subtle and it is one of the only items that lights up my skin without making me look like a clown, NARS Sin is taupe on steroids on my face, Sin is beautiful but better in the summer when I'm a bit deeper in tone.

on 1/13/2014 7:53:00 AM

OMG I've got cheekbones!! This stuff is brilliant. I've tried to make myself some cheekbones via contouring before using a matt Mac bronzer and also with the lightest Sleek kit (they're pretty much identical btw) but I'm too pale; they just looked like a reddy brown stripe.

Whereas this gives me natural looking shadows. I did my cheekbones, round my jawline and under my chin(s) and if I hadn't put it on myself I'd have assumed I'd lost a stone in weight. And I'm by no means skilled at makeup, especially not contouring. Just goes to show how important the right shade is!

Yeah the packaging is a bit cheap looking and I don't know yet how well it lasts but as far as it goes I'm really impressed!

Let me just say...I am pale. Its very hard for me to find a decent contour color. I used to use a few different eye shadows here and there, but gave up for a long time because I was just...fed up with not being able to get a decent product. So I stopped contouring all together until I tried this. I absolutely love it. Its my go to contour color now. It has a really nice red base undertone to it so I don't wind up as an oompa-loompa, but its not ashy or dirty looking. It also doesn't over power any blush I might put on afterward.

I have also, found this to be a beautiful brow color. Even I don't use this to contour, i use it though my brows everyday and its just perfect.
Fantastic buy.

on 2/27/2012 8:00:00 PM

basically, I am very pale and found it SUCH a pain in the butt to find a contour that worked. And by worked, I mean not looked orange and didnt look like mud either. This product was absulutley perfect, I could use a little for the day time around my nose or more for when id be out at night. Just bliss.

on 2/4/2012 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

So im really confused...ive been trying to make this blush works as a contour powder but theres no way its gonna work !! It looks sooo unnatural, its grey and it doesnt blend at all. Going back to my Urban Decay eyeshadow in Buck wich is perfect for me !
Edit 04/18/12 : I've been a lot paler lately (NC15) and this works wonderfully now !! It truly looks like a shadow on my face and not just a bunch of makeup

on 4/10/2011 1:08:00 PM

I like this shadow because not only is it a great neutral color for the lids, but it is one of the best shades i've found for contouring my cheeks (i'm not sure what shade i am in MAC, but in most foundations i wear either the lightest or 2nd lightest shade.) I feel like I'm getting more than one good use out of this product, which makes it seem like an even better deal.

Cheapie NYX shadows tend to be great IMO. This one disappointed me a little on my lids. What I do LOVE it for is contouring! I use this as a cheek contour for the daytime. I also like NYX's Taupe Blush for contouring, but this is more subtle. I live in sunny central Florida, so I feel like during the day (especially if I'm outside), I don't want to be too "hello, contour stripe" on my face! But this girl can't go without giving cheeks some definition, haha. As an eyeshadow, I don't find it useless, but I do feel it's pretty dispensable. I would definitely buy again for the contouring.