NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm very fair skinned, and majority of my bronzers/contour powders are a bit too warm or 'orange' looking. This one is definitely brown, like a soft chocolate-milk colour. It's almost identical to MAC's discontinued 'Strada'. What I love about NYX Taupe is that it's matte (no shimmer or glitter particles) and works great with my colouring. Perfect for contouring my cheekbones naturally. It has great staying power, and it's so cheap which is a big bonus too. Great product.

on 3/14/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This blush is a perfect, natural looking contour colour, pure grey-toned taupe with not a hint of warmth. There's no need to fork out for other popular contour powders, such as MAC Harmony or Illamasqua Rumour, as this does such a brilliant job.

I use a small, angled brush and apply with a light sweep diagonally through the hollows of my cheeks, before blending upwards. It gives me instant cheekbones and makes my whole face look slimmer. I have NC20 skin so, if you're relatively pale like me, it's really important to only use this lightly; too much can look obvious, especially in harsh daylight and the dreaded fluorescent lighting!

This also works well to contour the eye socket and the sides of the nose but, again, a light hand is essential!

I think this is brilliant value for money. I live in the UK where we unfortunately don't have NYX so I got mine on Ebay for about 5 pounds, including postage, which I think is very reasonable for a product I absolutely love and use every day. I will definitely be repurchasing when it runs out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

A great contour - there are no orange tones so I can use this on my NC15 skin and not look as if I dusted cocoa powder on my face! It's buildable, which allows me to use it even though I'm quite pale. This is the only contour powder I've found that looks natural on me.

on 4/27/2010 9:37:00 PM

Okay, I just HAD to write a review for this stuff..best contour color ever!! And so cheap! I've been looking everywhere for an affordable, matte contour color that blends well, and I feel so fortunate to have finally found one that's HG material for only $5! HIGHLY recommend!

on 4/23/2010 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

my HG contour for the fall/winter months!!! i used to own emote but when i started running out, i was advised that nyx taupe was a close dupe so i went and got it. dare i say i actually like this blush better than emote?! it is super soft and much less harsh than emote, which i like because i can build it up to be as dark as i want, where emote i felt you have to be more careful with as to not create too harsh of a line. this blush is only like 5 bucks at my beauty supply store and is AMAZINGGG

I'll definitely be up a creek if NYX ever discontinues this product. It's the only thing I'll ever use to contour now. It's not muddy/orangey like a lot of bronzers are, and it looks very natural when applied. It stays in place all day! Most importantly, it's nice and matte, so there's no shimmering particles that make so many other contouring powders/bronzers look fake and disco ballish. I just wish NYX were sold in most drugstores!

I have pale pale skin and I use this as a cheekbone contour color. Very subtle and natural looking, but still provides a beautifully contoured shape for my face. HG status!

on 4/28/2005 1:24:00 AM

Taupe is a nice very light brownish/caramelish colour.

It is a darker gradient of sahara which is a darker gradient of nude.

For an evening look I use this as a base but I also use it as a lid colour with the sahara or nude.

This is one of the first NYX shadows I bought and I love it!

This isn't as smooth or finely milled as other powders but it works great for contouring. It's a dark completely matte contour. It takes a bit of time to blend: I tap it on and blend the edges gently.

I've repurchased several times. I read a ton of amazing reviews about a limited edition Chanel taupe colour that looked good on pale skin, and I was gutted that I missed that one, but lead me to search for a similar taupe colour that similarly contours pale skin without just looking orange or shimmery. This is it. My main issue is I usually have had to order it from over seas because they don't sell it in the UK, but Boots is starting to stock NYX so hopefully it'll be in a local store before long :)

I wish I could find a foundation in this colour as I would blend that in with my techniques sponge as being a powder to me makes it not as easy to blend in..

Certainly happy that it does the trick, haven't seen a single product that is close to this colour yet.