NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

on 9/17/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The only product I can successfully contour with. I am around NW20 with a ton of freckles, so most things end up looking orange and muddy and just weird on me. Taupe is the perfect color for me, and the formula of the blush holds up well my dry skin. It doesn't fade during the day and it is super easy to blend out and work with. I like the pigmentation as well, I tend to be a little heavy handed so it is easy for me to build this up and make it look natural.

on 9/2/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:

beautiful, neutral taupe; not too orange or grey
blends beautifully to create a soft contour
pigmented enough to create a dramatic edgy contour (if desired)
works great for pale skin (im mac NW15)
inexpensive

CONS:
my lid for the powder broke off
it can be hard to find if you dont have an Ulta near you

on 6/15/2013 6:11:00 AM

I got nyx taupe as I was looking for a contour powder that doesn't look orange and it is perfect for my skin I am N20 in Mac make up. Before I got this I was using Benefit Hoola bronzer and I found that it was looking very orange on my skin. I have read a review on here and someone was saying that nyx taupe has shimmer in it. It doesn't have shimmer but it is not a matte finish. I would say it is more of a satin finish.

on 5/14/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG for me (NW20, blue/green eyes, dark ash brown hair). A great, natural looking contour colour that mimics real shadows to accentuate my cheekbones and slim my jawline. Every other contour or bronzer I've tried has been too brown, too orange or too dirty looking. NYX's "Taupe" blush is perfect. I use it under my cheekbones with a tiny pop of warm pink on the apples of my cheeks for instant contour and a healthy glow. NYX is now available in Canada at Target but at ridiculous prices. I bought mine on ebay (3/$12 plus minimal shipping). The packaging is serviceable and does the job. NYX is all about good products at reasonable prices. If you're fair and cool, and have had trouble finding a good contour colour, give this one a try.

on 4/20/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've already repurchased this product, which is saying something because it's really hard for me to use up a blush/bronzer. I even bought a backup because I don't want to be without this ever. It's PERFECT to contour my super pale skin. I tried many many bronzers, but all of them looked like I was wiping orange dirt on my face. This one is perfect. I buy it online (I can't find it in stores) and it's only around $4-5. It's a brown/gray color instead of brown/orange, which works really well for pale skin. Highly recommended.

on 3/27/2013 12:10:00 PM

Ok, I am very low-maintenance person when it comes to makeup. No foundation, only moisturizer and just a little concealer where needed, eyeliner, and GO! However, one of my pet peeves is my squarish, very fair skinned face, which always looks flat to me, due (I think) to my square jaw. In photos, I am the pale blob with the 2-D face. :)

Anyway, I have tried some blushes and bronzers over the years, but none of them were what I was looking for (looked too dirty or "done-up" for my taste). I spent some time on the Google and saw the recommendations for this NYX Taupe. Finally ordered it and tried it out for the first time a few weeks ago. Hello! Can you say easy and natural looking? I can see my cheekbones without making Zoolander duck lips. :) A quick, narrow swipe just under my cheekbones, blended in with fingers or brush, and voila! Instant natural shadow that doesn't look makeup-y or thick.

So in conclusion, even a non-beauty junkie like me was able to use this product to her benefit. I am very fair, freckled and cool-toned (blue eyes and brown hair), so I would think that similarly hued ladies might also find this product to be a great, easy addition.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Believe the hype. It is a beautiful DRUGSTORE cool-toned brown/gray/mauve blush that works wonders as a contouring powder for anybody NC/NW30 and below. Much more natural looking than the orangey bronzing powders I was using before.

on 8/11/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'd practically given up on finding this blush & finally caved & ordered it from an online site. Where I live grocers don't carry the NYX line & there is no nearby ULTA; but when I did make it to one, this was never in stock. Am I ever glad I persisted! This is the perfect matte, cocoa contour for pale ladies like me (NC15). Taupe gives my cheekbones instant definition & it doesn't need to be built up to see an immediate result. It can look harsh if not blended well but wears evenly throughout the day with minimal fading. For its small pricetag, I will definitely purchase another if the opportunity presents itself. I know a winner when I see one.

on 7/10/2012 11:51:00 PM

Like putting a shadow on my face. HG contour.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

What's to say that hasn't already been said? Bronzers look terrible on me for contouring, I had been using e.l.f.'s Berry Merry blush, but it had a little shimmer, which I could have done without. This is the perfect mstte contour shade for me. On my NC15 skin, it looks just like a shadow. I also occasionally use it as eyeshadow.