NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/24/2010 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i had heard a lot of hype about this product so i was excited to try it, but boy was it difficult to track down. i wanted an everyday contour color and this worked out well for my nc30 asian skin. it was just enough for a subtle look and for nighttime or something more dramatic, i would probably opt for a darker contour color, but for daytime, this worked out just fine. it's a lovely matte color that blends beautifully. it's not that finely milled and as i neared the end of the pan, it crumbled quite a bit and kind of stayed in chunks. i went through this more quickly than any other makeup product ever. i think in a span of 3 months and using it every day, i used up the whole thing. i'm going to try out stone next and see if it's just as good.

on 7/13/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this stuff! Hit pan today so I'll have to get more soon :) I use this for contouring and it's the perfect color on my neutral light/med skin. It blends nicely and makes it easy to hide my double chin, and create cheekbones on my chubby face! PLUS... I was experimenting the other day and discovered that it makes an incredible eye shadow too!!! I love it so much I have been wearing it in my crease all week! So if you buy this and for some strange reason it doesn't work out on your face as a contour, don't despair :) just use it as a shadow.

on 2/25/2010 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It is my firm believe that everyone needs a matte, almost skin-toned shadow. This one just happens to be mine.
It is an absolute must-have for toned down, natural looks and it's great for blending out deeper colors. The quality is fantastic for the price, and it stays in place quite nicely over a layer of UDPP.

NYX shadows are wonderful quality for the price. I am on my third pan of Taupe, and I've STILL paid less than I would've for one pan of MAC shadow, even though the quality is similar.

on 1/22/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i bought it for contouring but i really dont care for this shade. it just doesnt work for me, it ends up looking grey on me, which isnt what i wanted. the product texture is of course smooth, just like other nyx blushes, but i just didnt care for this color on me.

on 9/24/2009 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a good dupe of MAC's Emote. After I found Nyx Taupe I put my extra Emote up for swap since I knew people were wanting it. Nyx's version creates a lot more dust when you dab it with your brush, but it's so cheap that I don't mind going through it faster. If you can't get your hands on Emote, I highly recommend trying this. I love to use it as a contour powder and as a very neutral blush.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This eyeshadow is very soft, smooth, and silky but it did not show up on me AT ALL, and I have a lightish-medium skin tone. I definitely wouldn't recommend this, there are a zillion other colors out there by NYX that are 1000x better :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff's a little too light for contouring, to be honest. On my NC25 skin (which isn't dark in the least), the product pay-off is minimal, and I really have to layer it on to start getting some kind of definition. That being said, once applied, this looks very natural and subtle. Great for everyday use, but for photography make-up, this will likely be too light to give the proper effect.

on 1/12/2009 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I read somewhere that it was a dupe of the infamous MAC Emote blush (which I also have). I wanted a cheap dupe that I could use for contouring to throw into my travel kit that I could easily replace and not fret too much if it got lost or destroyed. I have to say that although this is NOT an exact dupe for Emote, NYX Taupe more than fills the bill for my purpose. On my skin, Taupe is much more of a brown-grey than Emote, and thus the shade description of "Taupe" is quite appropriate. On my skin, Emote is a warmer brown than this NYX version. In the pan, though, the two look quite similar. Despite the relative coolness of this product, I dont find that this color turns ashy on me, nor is it too cool for my NC25-30 skin.

Other reviewers have mentioned how pigmented this is . When I first swiped my white goat-hair contouring brush across this, it got very dark, making me initially think the same thing. However, I find that I need to apply more product than MAC Emote to get the same level of pigmentation on my skin. (I did a side-by-side comparison of the two). So although it looks dark on the brush, I actually have to build it up a little. This is actually fine by me, since contouring should really be a subtle thing, and having too little on at a time is a lot better than too much.

All-in-all, this is a very good inexpensive alternative to pricier contouring powders, and worth a try if you are just starting out with contouring and don't want to blow a lot of money on a specialty product like this. This will be a staple in my travel bag that I will keep on repurchasing.

on 11/14/2008 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG for contouring hands down. Nothing compares or comes close and for the price...you can't beat it! Little goes a long way so it will last a very long time before having to re-purchase. Although I've contemplated purching back-up's cause these puppies are hard to find near me! Love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Taupe is a nice, basic neutral staple, so if you're looking for one, this is a good bet. I don't use it very often because I usually go for richer colors, but if I want a more natural or professional look, I reach for this one! A medium browny-taupe shade, I like to use this on the lid with a darker bronze or brown in the crease. Great NYX pigmentation, long-lasting, and doesn't crease. Great staple for the price!