MAC Pearlglide Eye Liner in Wolf

No Image

4.5

cyclopentasiloxane, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, paraffin, calcium aluminum borosilicate,jojoba seed oil, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, silica, ceresin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, tin oxide, calcium sodium borosilicate. May contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 10/10/2008 7:20:00 AM

After reading the reviews here I went to my local MAC counter where I tested this eye liner. I immediatedly fell in love! It's really an extraordinary and very beautiful color, a greyish metallic shade with golden sparkles and outstanding lasting power; although it's not supposed to be waterproof, the liner stays put all day. Too bad it's LE!

on 10/9/2008 1:56:00 AM

Well, after reading these reviews, I made a quick trip the next day to purchase this item. The color is just as described, a beautiful grey shimmer that is subtle but noticeable at the same time. (My coloring is dark brown/black hair, fair skin and green eyes.) I am an elementary music teacher, so I was not expecting any of my students to be grabbing my arm and saying "What eyeliner are you wearing?!" (although some of the older girls certainly do the eyeliner routine, but it's mostly the dark black kohl-rimmed eye). But when I went into the office late in the day to check on a package, one of our secretaries literally grabbed me and said "Okay, where did you get that eyeliner?!"
and I explained what I was wearing and she took notes to make sure she could get the same thing. I'm thinking MAC needs a few emails to tell them that this item needs not to be a "limited-time" offer. But I'm heading back to buy at least one more in case this does disappear.

on 10/8/2008 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Really hope this one becomes permanent. Application just flows, the colour is natural and universally appealing; would flatter any colouring, due to the golden-ashy tone. Sparkle is present but as a previous poster mentioned, very 'glowing' and draws attention to the eye, not the makeup. Stays on like nobody's business! Another great uniquely MAC product.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This color IMHO is really a medium blue grey with a weird kind of golden sheen -- like a duochrome. If you look at your eyes once it is on though you really do see a grey with a tinge of blue. It is a great everyday color though -- not too dark -- rather subtle. It doesn't have the staying power of a power point however in spite of what you might read! It readily swiped off my eyes after 15 minutes. Does go on like a dream though -- definitely a keeper!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

on 10/7/2008 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great eyeliner! I agree that this pencil liner looks like MAC Smoke and Diamonds eyeshadow from the Starflash Collection. The color is a smoky taupey grey with golden shimmer. It is soft and "glides" on the eye without tugging or skipping. It is super soft, smooth, blendable & smudgeable. But what I really like is that this eyeliner does not budge once it sets...it lasts all day on me, unlike MAC kohl liners. So, if you look the look of MAC's Kohl liners or Softsparkle pencils but hate the lasting power, try these new pearlglide eyeliners. Highly recommend & would buy again.

on 10/2/2008 6:03:00 PM

Awesome liner! It's a sparkly version of Smoke and Diamonds to me... a tad deeper and gorgeous! essentially a metallic taupe with pink/green/silver shimmer/sparkles in it... lasting power is great. Well worth it, have not come across anything similar in d/s. Applies like a dream also. No tugging.

Wore this today with the pinks from the cool eyes royal assets palette and smoke and diamonds. Pretty, subtle smokey daytime look. Love! LE.

on 10/2/2008 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Gorgeous! Limited edition release from the Suite Array Collection released September 2008. Comes in standard MAC pencil form and retails for $14.50.

These liners are touted as "A creamy kohl-like eye liner with a sparkly, reflective finish. Highly pigmented: stands out for its rich, luxurious colours and pearl-metal look. Provides eye-catching, highly stylized contrast for any look. Smooth. Glides on. Feels comfortable. Long-wearing. Available in eight trend colours.
1.45g / .05 US OZ."

Wolf is a gorgeous shimmery taupe color. Simply stunning. Really does remind me of SHU ME945 in a pencil form. Lasted all day with very slight smudging. (I did notice FlyByBlue smudged more than Wolf). Color is stunning with my brown eyes. Love this and would repurchase. Limited edition!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Not exactly what I was expecting...as I ordered online and was thinking there would be more glitter but since pearl is in the name I find that the pearly gunmetal gray tone of this liner is just right. Very, very amazing lasting power with these.

on 9/30/2008 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The pearlglides are great new eyeliners from MAC. I recently bought a few of the kohls (Feline & Orpheus) but the pearlglides far surpass those in terms of staying power. To give you an idea, I swatched all shades on my hand at my local freestanding store, then proceeded to Sephora, and B&BW where I continued spraying, swatching, and wiping my hands w/ wipes. I even washed them in B&BW and through it all those pearlglides stayed strong. Very impressive considering some of MAC's other eyeliners. It seems that these can be smudged a bit if you desire, immediately after application but beyond those suckers are there to stay. They literally glide on and are very smooth!

Some ladies have described Wolf as taupey but on my skin it came out straight grey which is what I was hoping for. The shade seems to vary slightly on skintones so I'd swatch before purchasing if possible. Very flattering on my hazel eyes. I've been looking for another nice grey liner since my only other is Lithograph. They are shimmery and have a nice sheen to them which becomes more obvious when you smudge them a bit.

For reference I am LLL-MMM w/ yellow undertones, around NC20-25 in MAC, #3 in GA Face Fabric, and 30(Shell) in Chanel T.I.

Retails for 14.50 and LE.