MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You
MAC Dare YouCremesheen Lipstick - Dare YouDare You MAC CreamsheenCremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

4.7

on 10/21/2008 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love, love, love this lipstick! I have caramel tan skin and my lips are naturally dark pink so most reds go pink on me. Because this has some brown it it, it stays true red on my lips with the slightest hint of brown. Previously to avoid the pink factor I would have to cover my lips with brown liner and then apply a red over top but then the lip colour would look more brown than red. Dare You looks red! I love this with a matte face, a barely flushed cheek, dark liner and loads of mascara! I usually apply with a lip brush for a more precise look and when it wears off my lips have a slight red stain. Sometimes i pair this with MAC Mahogany liner. The Cremesheen finish is glossy and my lips don't get dry. I do apply a lipbalm and let it soak in for a few minutes before applying to get an even application. If you have a problem with reds turning pink you should try this. The MAC MA told me that all the Cremesheen colours are permanent colours, but I still might get a back up tube just in case!

on 10/15/2008 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes! My newest, latest, greatest HG red lipstick. This is an amazing, fantastic red! It's a very wearable, versatile dark red. A deep, bloody, blushing, dark red with slight brown undertones. MAC's website lists it as a deep brown red, but honestly it is way more red than brown. On my super-pale, neutral-toned skin, Dare You stands out like a ripe pomegranate stain. It doesn't turn fuschia or even pink on me. It is literally the exact kind of dark red I have been searching for. It's what I wanted Dubonnet to be.
The new Cremesheen formula is very similar to Amplified Creme, which I hear is being eventually discontinued. Cremesheen has shea butter, olive squalane extract, wheat germ extract, ceramides, and botanicals. It's creamy and semi-matte with a soft sheen, and it also stays put on my lips, which is rare for very moisturizing lipsticks.
The only downside to the Cremesheen line is that Dare You is the only Cremesheen color that I currently like. But as long as MAC keeps Dare You in stock, I will be happy.

Ingredients: Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Candelilla Wax, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Diisostearyl Malatem Polyethylene, Polydecene, Polybutene, Cetyl Lactate, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Dilinoleyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, Soybean Seed Extract, Olive Fruit Extract, Wheat Bran Extract, Copernicia Cerifera Wax, Ceramide-3, Cholesterol, Tocopheryl, Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sulfate, Beeswax, Octyldodecanol, Alumina, Calcium Aluminum Boroscilicate, Calcium Sodium Boroscilicate, Silica, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Vanillin. continued >>

Like a brighter, clearer Rage, with a hint of red pearl. I couldn't really wear Queen's Sin or Port Red. This is perfect.

Stunning! This is THE red for women who can't wear read (really this time)! I'm a PPP and nearly ALL reds turn fuschia on me, but not this little number.

on 9/25/2008 9:18:00 PM

Ohhhh! This is the maroon/red I've been waiting for, well almost. Almost perfect. Deep red/maroon. Wonderful look on NC40s. The formula is pretty good too, but I personally didn't have an issue with the amplified cremes.

EDIT: I tried waering it for a longer duration, and it turned a little pinky one me. Still nice, but not as deep as I want.