MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You
MAC Dare YouCremesheen Lipstick - Dare YouDare You MAC CreamsheenCremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

What an amazing dark red lipstick! A very suitable color for tanned to very dark skintones. Give it a try if you're into red lipsticks!

It's easy to apply and the texture is creamy and smooth. MAC products are usually quite pricey but I've purchased this lipstick for a reasonable price on eBay USA. Will definitely buy this again.

on 3/2/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

One of the best reds I've ever encountered for my skin coloring (sort of like Halle Berry)!! I wear this to work often and never feel like my mouth is screaming for attention. I find red can be tricky with darker skin and fuller lips, but this is the perfect shade that compliments my skin tone beautifully. Good wear if I'm not eating/drinking, but it does transfer easily. I don't mind reapplying though :) I would definitely buy this again if/when I run out!

Mac's "Dare You" is my current favorite red lipstick that I own so far. It's cremesheen so glide over lips with care, the substance can melt off and tilt to one side. This color screams out SEXPOT to me, just plain sexy. Dark red with a slight hint of brown undertone. This color really compliments my fair skin! No gloss needed since the substance has a hint of shine, not to mention it's very moisturizing. The only con to the product is that it glides off fairly easily and will most likely leave a lipstick print on the cup.

on 6/5/2010 11:21:00 PM

This is the perfect red lipstick. It's not super red and it's not super dark. It's the in-between beautiful red color. No lipliner is necessary. Since it is a creamsheen, it's easy to apply and moisturizes your lips. I've tried many red lipsticks in the past and this one tops it off! This is my go-to shade for a red lip. It looks so elegant and makes my teeth look white! (believe it!)

Dare You is probably my favourite red by MAC so far, but this isn't your classic red creme lipstick. It is more of a bitten, been making out - type red lipstick. The formula is really slippery and it will bleed and smear all over your teeth if you do not blot it. Lipliner won't help because this lipstick wears off easily leaving a red ring around the mouth. Once blotted though this lipstick leaves a gorgeous stain with slight sheen. Up close you can actually see little red shimmers which really makes the lips look plump and juicy. This lippie wears comfortably for a MAC lipstick. I'm only rating this 4 lippies because it does take a little work to apply and the lasting power isn't great. But I got this for free through the back2mac program so I'm not complaining!

on 3/3/2010 1:39:00 AM

This is my fourth colour from MAC's Cremesheen Line. I first bought Lickable, Stay in Touch, and Brave Red. I purchased Dare You from ebay since it's cheaper. I just received it today and it's a blood red colour unlike the bright cherry of Brave Red. It looks darker from the tube but goes on sheer. I think I'll be able to wear this during day to night. It brightens up my face and makes my teeth look whiter. :) Will buy again!

UPDATE: I noticed Cremesheens tend to bleed a little. Bought Urban Decay's lipstick primer and it stays in place! makes it a bit on the matte side though. and feels like im wearing a thick layer of lipstick.

on 1/17/2010 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Im a HUGE fan of the Cremesheens! I love the darker red color of Dare You, it's a beautiful color similar to a blood red, but goes on more sheer with a built in gloss.

Gorgeous!

on 1/13/2010 12:52:00 AM

This is a really pretty red. I have been looking for a darker, brownish red ever since Awake discontinued their Rose Quartz. Dare You is a great dark red, and it has the benfit of going on a little bit more sheer and transparent than a lot of other lipsticks. I feel like I could put one one light coat and not look overdone for day. I saw this recommended in In Style for olive skinned people. I have fair, warm skin (Armani # 2) and this worked for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh MAC, why must I have such hit or miss luck with your red lipsticks? I've tried Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Brave Red, Dubonnet, MAC Red, and all the red toned Viva Glams to no avail. The jury's still out on Lady Bug and I do actually like Chili. I decided to give MAC another try and look for a more brown/brick red. The SA had me try it and in the department store lighting it didn't look so bad. I decided to get it anyways.

Unfortunately when I got home, I saw just how dark it was on me. I tried blotting, using a brighter liner underneath, no luck. The texture is amazing, but the color not so much. It's a weird red/brown/berry brick color. This is someone's HG, just not mine. "Romantic Red" by Ulta is a better shade, IMO.

on 9/26/2009 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I don't think cremesheen finish is for me. I prefer matte and satin, especially when it comes to red and dark lipsticks.

When applied directly onto my lips, it's a deep red.
I love this colour. since it's too glossy, I blot, but that takes away the deep redness and makes it brighter.
I wanted the DEEP RED TT_TT

So, I've take the lipstick from it's original tube and put it into a little MAC pot. Since those aren't airtight, I hope the lipstick will dry up a little. Also, applying it with my finger gave me a more matte look. I kind of had to rub the lipstick in. I repeated the "rubbing-in" process to make the colour appear darker.

Otherwise, I will keep looking for a good deep red for me