L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

3.7

on 3/31/2009 6:56:00 PM

I pretty much like this mascara. That's as good as I can praise it. Mascara is one of those things that every woman continues searching for a better one throughout her life. We all want long, lush, dark, curled, seductive eyelashes. But it has to leave everyone fooled were born them (excuse the slogan ref.) and didn't spend 30 min. obsessing over the position of each lash. Perfect mascara is a concept that, if discovered, could mean looking much closer to our ideal overall appearance. ok sorry, blahblahblah. BACK to the product discussion at hand. This mascara does a pretty good job of 1) lengthening 2) being pretty much clump-free if applied correctly and 3) looking natural.. But I think the performance of the mascara is mainly in the brush. You could spend 40 on a mascara and not get a better brush. The formula however could be better. It's very dry actually, typical to L'oreal mascara, and you have to apply it quickly otherwise it will start to go clumpy. But I think it lives up to a product worthy to be called Bare Naturale, thus I give it 4 lippies.

on 4/2/2009 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I like a softer looking lash and bought this hoping it would be similar to Maybelline's Full 'n Soft (the original formula before they messed it up... why can't companies leave the good ones alone????). Anyway, it is NOTHING like it is advertised. It is NOT natural looking - on the contrary, it is spidery and garish if you apply more than one coat and it is EXTREMELY flaky - the long fibers come off in chunks, the brush is so soft that it won't brush through my already semi-thick lashes, which I'm guessing is a good deal of the problem for me. Maybe this works for someone with more sparse lashes?? Definitely didn't work for me. I keep hoping I can find a drug store brand that will replace my trusty old Full 'n Soft. For now, I am stuck paying for Estee Lauder's More Than Mascara at $21.00 a pop. Anyone have a recommendation??

on 4/2/2009 6:32:00 PM

Bought this mascara the other day during a BOGOF sale at Walgreens. Got the black/brown for me and the Balck for my daughter. Tried it this morning and WOW!!! Could not beleive how nice this went on...no clumps, flakes..and it really lenghtened and seemed to curl them up a bit. Love the packaging too..kind of looks like a leopard print bottle. I will definetly get this again...in fact I may go back this week and get too more with the bogo sale. This is my HG for sure!!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint alot better. This mascara seems to clump easily and be sort of goopy. Maybe I just put too much on the brush and went over my lashes too much. Yeah it does give you a natural look, but I overall prefer the clean lash tint more.

on 4/27/2009 3:59:00 PM

If I could give this 0 lippies, I would. This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. I agree with the poster that said it made their eyelashes look 'spidery'. It dries so fast that you can't comb through it at all without leaving mascara 'dirt' all over your face. And forget about trying to apply a second coat. It left my lashes feeling dry and brittle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this mascara. I have been looking for a reasonably priced, mostly naturally derived mascara and got excited when I saw some good reviews for this one. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations. It's not a terrible mascara IMO, just so-so. The good: I like that the formula is very smooth, and glides right through the lashes. The brush is nice and soft also. It never irritates my eyes (unusual for mascara) and washes off easily. The bad: It flakes. Every time I wear it. This is a pet peeve of mine with mascara and is the reason I usually go for water proof. Also, I agree with other reviewers that it gives spider lashes, and it dries before you can separate them. Annoying. I think that if L'oreal came out with a water proof version of this mascara I would try it, but I won't repurchase the regular Bare Naturale. The search for a good natural mascara continues . .

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this mascara! I bought this product because i wanted something more natural. I did not clump for me and i like the results it gave. I already have long eyelashes so using this didn't seem over exagerating.

on 9/22/2009 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I just purchased it...good product so far. Seems to be great for sensitive eyes...it's also hyperallergenic..fiber free..paraben free...it contains 86% natural ingredients plus minierals...it's also safe for people who wear contacts.

on 10/25/2009 12:56:00 AM

Just because it says Natural doesn't mean it's going to turn you into a hippie girl, so I've come to find. I keep going back to this one after repeatedly purchasing Chanel, Lancome, Dior, YSL, and find the bottom of my wallet instead of great lashes. If you want Betty Draper (January Jones in Madmen) lashes, this is a must try! Batting your eyes is so much more fun with this mascara!

This is a decent mascara. I got this dirt cheap, so I wasn't expecting a lot to begin with. It's not too volume-y, but fluffs up the lashes decently enough. No flakes or irritation, and it's nice that it has some natural ingredients. I wouldn't repurchase just because there are so many other mascaras out there that do the job equally well or better. But if you find this on sale/cheap...it's worth a try.