Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

Boots  Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua Mineralis (Mineral Water), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methylparaben

on 9/22/2009 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this toner since it's alcohol free and really takes off any excess makeup that I have after cleansing it. At $3.99 (Target), I'm amazed at how it actually does a better job than department store toners I have tried over the years. Highly recommended!

on 9/6/2009 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really love this toner- it's gentle and irritant free but will pick up any traces of dirt, oil, and makeup. It leaves a nice finish on the skin and for me, it's also improved my skin's texture. It's gentle,cheap, and effective-everything you could want in a product. I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been searching all over trying to find a different product for my old discontinued toner from Grassroots (Kohl's) which I really loved. I have drier, sensitive skin, so I'm really picky about what I use on my face. I was skeptical about this toner, especially since it was only $3.99. The day I noticed this product at Target, they had an Boot's event going on and were giving out $1.50 off coupons for any Boot's product. At $2.50 with coupon, it was worth a try. I briefly looked at the ingredients to make sure there wasn't any alcohol, witch hazel or fragrance (which usually cause a reaction or dry out my skin), and there was nothing bad I could decifer -- so I bought it. I'm really glad too! Even if I paid the regular price, this toner is a steal -- especially if you have sensitive skin like mine! Many "gentle" toners don't do much -- but this one doesn't disappoint me at all. Everytime I use it, I see residue my face cleanser didn't reach. As far as any reactions to my skin -- none, nada! The bottle is simple, basic design -- take off the cap, put a cotton ball on the top, and tip it over to saturate the cotton ball. I'm pleasantly surprised by this inexpensive and effective toner -- and I will definitely repurchase!

on 3/17/2009 2:35:00 PM

I used to use clinique's mild claryfing lotion. But when i went to target i saw they had the boots range (i am originally from england), i thought i'd look at their new products. The ingredient list and claims of this toner was everything i look for. It is hard to find toners without alcohol or fragrances (which all us ladies know is bad for skin!). As it was only $3.49 i thought it was worth a try. Since using it i find it to be just as good as clinique's and even better because of the price, we all love a bargain!! It's very soothing, cool and refreshing and it removes all the final pieces of make up very well. i use it morning and night. I have combination skin and i find it definately doesn't dry my skin or make it any greasier. Bottle holds the product well, although not very fancy to look at.

Edit: I have removed a lippie as I brought boots botanical brightening toner and it is alot more moisturizing than this one.

on 2/15/2009 2:27:00 PM

I was between a four and five with this product only because I am not in love with it but do not see any reason not to be either. It is gentle (at least I hope). It does not sting and does not burn my entire face, including my eyes. I am new to toners, but I knew that I had to be careful choosing one since my skin is so sensitive and dry. I really like it and will stick to it, unless I find some great natural toner that is as or more effective as this one and as gentle. I am really trying to use more natural products.

UPDATE: I am no longer using this because I am trying to rid myself of parabens and other toxic ingredients. Plus I think after a while my skin started getting irritated and dry.

on 2/3/2009 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very good for sensitive skin. It allowed my skin to heal after switching from a drying alcoholic toner. It does what it supposed to do. Remove dirts, makeup, and refreshes your skin. Totally recommended for sensitive and normal skin. Can use on eyes too. I use this to soothe my eyes because the eye makeup remover and facial cleanser don't remove all the leftover. So, this acts as a remover and soother. I like!!

on 2/1/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

loooove it. has replaced neutrogena's pore refining toner forever. its so gentle and mild, and it doesnt burn my nose.

update: after using this for a little longer i noticed my skin is WAYYY oily. i deal with an oil problem anyways, but this just makes it worse. i'm sad this didn't work for me in the end=(
back to neutrogena for me. i guess i need the drying effect of alcohol.

on 11/13/2008 6:19:00 PM

Love this whole line. This toner is very mild and does feel like water, but that's because it is formulated to be irritant free and does not contain the alcohol and drying irritants that other toners contain. I had been using Clinique's CL1 which was so drying, I think because the main ingredient is alcohol. It leaves skin nice and moist ready for moisturizer. This is wonderful for winter dry skin. Drugstore.com sells these products for lower prices than Target's.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I went to target today and found the new line of "expert" skincare from Boots.

I really needed a toner and because my skin is sensitive, I decided to give this a try. I think it was only $3.49.

Here's the reason why I give it 3 lippies. ..it felt like all I was putting on my face was water!

It's fragrance free, alcohol free, all good things but I guess I didn't notice anything special.

I'll update this in a week or so.

**Update** This is more refreshing now that it's cooled down and I can also see the last traces of dirt being removed off my face. It's gentle.

WHAT IT CLAIMS: sensitive skin needs extra care after being cleansed. this hypoallergenic toner with soothing aloe vera is specially formulated to gently sweep away the last traces of impurities and make-up, and revitalise skin piror to moisturising. Fragrance-free. Lenolin-free. Dermatologically tested.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Glycerin, Butylene glycol, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua Minerals(mineral water), Sodium Citrate, Sodium methylparaben, Propylene glycol, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Methlparaben