GUERLAIN Gourmand Coquin

GUERLAIN Gourmand Coquin

4.3

on 3/29/2009 12:49:00 AM

I like the last to review this, went to the boutique for the newest, La Petit Robe Noir. The Vegas boutique did have the La Petit Noir but on the same display, the new collection. As much as I liked and wanted the LPRN, once I had this in my hand, all was forgotten! I did not want to like it for the chocolate note. I dont' like chocolate notes that are prominant. And at first, I did detect chocolate. But once on my skin, the chocolate was slight and only lasted a few minutes. All that was left, and for 9hrs I must say, was a soft delicate, very feminine, and only so very slightly sweet. I LOVE gourmand's and I may have to say, this may be the best I have found yet. I did not hesitate to spend the extra $$$ on this. I was already prepared to spend $150 on the LPNR and that once was half the size. With the staying power of this decadant elixir, it will be worth the cost since it shoudl last a very long time!

on 9/12/2008 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A brisk walk through the fall woods on a perfect day. End up in Wolverine stadium watching U of M win a kick-ass football game. Afterwards you go to a snuggly place and warm up with a cup of hot cocoa with rum,Baileys and some spices in it. Yum! That's what this is. My fave of the 3.Not too casual, not too snooty.

on 12/22/2017 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Another reviewer said it well that the boozy, rum soaked fruits and the chocolate clash in the opening of this and unfortunately I experienced the same thing. For such an expensive fragrance, and with my experience with other of the higher end of the Guerlain line like Anjelique Noir and Joeuse Tubereuse (both of which I love), I am surprised that this is so poorly blended as to have such a unpleasant opening. After a few minutes the booziness starts to recede a bit but the chocolate coming through has an almost nougat feel to it. And the projection is not what I would like from this level of fragrance either. As this is my first test, I'm going to let it completely dry down and wait to see what happens in the later stages and possibly give it another try another day and will edit this review accordingly. I will also try it on clothes to see if that makes a difference. Although I've had a few other perfumes where I wanted the top notes to go away so that the base could really shine, none of them have opened up with such a dramatic clash of top notes that I wanted initially to scrub it. Frankly I expected better from all the hype.

Edit: Have been wearing this for 2 hours and it's dried down to almost a skin scent. Very little projection. You can smell a mix of chocolate and vanilla and possibly a little woodiness. But I also put on Angelique Noire just to compare and contrast and there truly is no comparison. Gourmand Couquin is one step above your average gourmand and unimpressive while AN is simply gorgeous angelica top note drying down to a beautiful vanilla. So considering the high price point for both, it would be worth your while to stop by a Guerlain counter to try GC out as well as a few of their other higher end offerings that are lovely. But I have the feeling that this performs differently on different skins considering the mixed reviews so would highly recommend sampling before plunking down the pretty high price of this one. There are better gourmands at much lower price points.

I love this perfume the longevity is amazing this stay on the skin forever. It is a really sweet perfume, the Chocolate note dominate for the first hours and then the rum, vanilla and spices take a little over. I do not smell any rose (notes given by Guerlain) for those who do not like gourmand perfume stay away but a definite buy for those who love vanilla and heady perfume. Sillage is also high!

on 3/1/2014 4:10:00 PM

I love this fragrance ..... I fell in love with the description of this fragrance and when I received samples of Coquin I knew that I had to have it ...... this was my Valentine's Day gift which I finally received yesterday (this has been on back-order and it finally arrived and I was so glad as my sample was running low.) I absolutely adore sweeter fragrances as they work best with my body chemistry and I love vanilla as well ..... to me Coquin has a boozy vanilla quality which I love ..... I pick up the chocolate, rum and vanilla ...... it is sweet fragrance but not overly so (this is not a little girl scent.) Unfortunately I have $$$ taste in fragrances, but this is worth it to me since it works so well on my skin ..... two spritzes is even too much on me, however, even with one spritz I find that Coquin lasts all day ..... it is not an overly strong fragrance, but it just smells so good.

on 5/16/2013 6:35:00 PM

I like Gourmand Coquin. I like the nose, the idea behind it, the delicious gourmand it is on others. Unfortunately, it doesn't reveal its entire beauty on my skin. A rich opening with rum and some (little) spice, a delicious scent like a rich biscuit and then dang, makeup. Wafts of gourmand notes from time to time, but on skin, a tired amber or tobacco. My skin eats this up. I'm kind of sad about this.

on 4/14/2010 8:55:00 PM

Bought this fragrance last October. Have worn it almost every day since, and love it now as much as the day I brought it home. Chocolate, rum, vanilla, and pepper... it was love at first sniff. It does remind me ever so slightly of Pink Sugar, but it is a much more complex scent in comparison which lingers throughout the day. I will repurchase in a heartbeat when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells sooooo good!! It is warm and chocolate-y. It does not last as long as the Angelique Noire on me though. This and Angelique Noire are my current favorite scents!

on 9/11/2008 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

At first sniff on the skin....I get a big opening of sweet chocolate, which quickly fades....then... subtle wafts of rum...which I liked! Then just the slightest hint of rose popping out. The notes list black pepper or peppercorns, but I get no pepper. Nice, not really unique, and thank goodness, I don't "need" a FB:) Notes listed: Black Pepper, Rose, Rum & Chocolate. The dry down to me is the best part of this scent....but nothing mezmerizing.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I only purchase and wear Guerlain fragrances and when I discovered this one I fell in love. This is one of the Guerlain fragrances that are not as easy to find. I purchased mine at the Guerlain boutique in the France Pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World.

It is a deep gourmand scent, very sweet on the initial spray and dies down to a lovely rum and cocoa/chocolate like scent. This one stays on the skin FOREVER. Its a warm and spicy scent with sweet undertones. This is truly amazing.