Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

I really like this mascara. There is NO way you can get clumpy with this mascara. I got a lot of length, and they're VERY soft. After I put the primer (I let it dry, then I curled) then two coats of step 2, let it dry... then I topped it off with a couple of coats of Maybelline Full N Soft. I've gotten several compliments on my lashes today. I'm a total mascara w*ore, so I tend to expect a lot from my mascara.

If you prefer lashes with more volume and the "clumpy yet not clumpy" look, pair this with a "clumpier" mascara. You'll have amazing long and full lashes.

Note: NO FLAKES or smudges!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was originally going to purchase the XXL Curl Power mascara when this caught my eye. I have been a long time fan of the Intense XXL formula but it has the tendency to make my lashes go a little wonky. The basecoat (step #1) of XXL Extensions "tames" lashes by "uncrossing unruly lashes and lock[ing] them into place". I don't really have an issue with untamed lashes but any mascara with the word "extensions" in the name is bound to get my hard earned money. The basecoat is more creamy and less fibrous than the Intense XXL bascoat. The brushes are soft and totally round. No flat slides, odd shapes or weird spikey bristles to have to contend with. The second step does a great job covering all of the white base coat on the first coat. It didn't create that faux lashes from a tube effect but delivered solid results. Not much in the way of volumizing though. It didn't claim to do anything for volume but it would have been a pleasant surprise. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. It was about $6 from Walmart.