Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.2

I bought this at Sephora because I wanted to try it out. I was pretty surprised to see that it had a gel texture but this did nothing for my skin or makeup. I think this is more of a moisturizer than a primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got the 'neutral' version of this primer when I first bought the MUF HD foundation. Honestly....I feel like this primer doesn't do that much. It feels nice when you put it on...more like a light gel moisturiser. I didn't notice much change to my skin other than it looking more hydrated. The longevity of my foundation was not extended, nor were my pores more concealed. Overall not a great product for me. I borrowed the green version of this from a friend, and I feel the same about that one, just the green did help reduce the redness but foundation does that anyway so it seems kind of pointless.

on 6/5/2013 3:10:00 PM

It was okay.. Nothing special. I liked how it was not too drying or oily on my skin. I'll probably try out other primers.

This primer is pretty average. The pros are that it smells nice, it makes my skin really soft and that it does hold my make up decently. I think that it would work better if you don't have excess oil on your skin. I'm going to keep trying different primers, but overall, this primer works okay.

on 4/29/2013 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Someone gave this to me as a birthday gift and I must say I am very satisfied with this product. My makeup stayed on longer and didn't budge even at the middle of the day. I liked how just the right amount of product comes out so you really get just enough and don't let any of it go to waste. Wouldn't buy one again pretty soon though since I find it a bit too expensive and I'd rather splurge on other skin care.

I really like the texture and scent of this primer. It does not break me out. The packaging is great with the pump & plastic bottle. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is if it is my makeup or the primer that is causing the creasing on my chin & around my nose. Foundation is UD Naked Skin.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was using blue and the sales lady gave me netural by mistake so I tried. The texture is smoother for neutral. My make up stays longer, create a effective barrier between my skin and make up - I experience lesser black heads and outbreak .. which I m quite surprise. I am in my 5th bottles already anyway. the only down side is there is no spf to it.

on 1/8/2013 4:12:00 PM

This primer is fine, but nothing special. It works as well as pretty much every other primer I've tried on my combination skin. However, this one doesn't have SPF, which to me is a negative. Since this primer isn't any better or cheaper than others, I'll probably go with another product next time.

Overall: Fine, but doesn't do anything unique and isn't competitively priced.
Value: Not great. For primers, it's on the expensive side of average and doesn't perform any better. There are probably other primers that will work equally well that are cheaper.

on 1/4/2013 10:14:00 PM

I completely agree with the previous review. I got a small sample and really liked how i smoothed out my skin and made foundation glide on. It def made my makeup stay on longer but having been exposed to MUFE's bottles, I'm not a big fan of not knowing how much product is left and that the pump is really hard to use when you get to the bottom of the bottles.

I would want a bigger sample to try and give it another shot.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this. I have previously used the Green, but never the neutral. This is not a bad primer. I was impressed that I did not need much and got 3 uses out of one sample packet. I do think it helped moisturize and smooth out my skin. I am just not sure if it is worth the price tag. I am not a fan of the bottles. It is hard to see how much is left and the bottle lids do not twist off for you to get it all out.