Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.7

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

this is my favorite tm i have ever used. i mix mine with regular moisturizer and it takes out some of the shiny shimmer and looks great. i love this stuff because i hate face makeup on me and this covers some of the bad stuff on my face.

on 1/14/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

In the summer, I wear some pretty heavy-duty matte foundations (ie pro longwear, double wear, etc.)... but in winter my skin changes so completely that even a moisturizing natural foundation causes eczema flaking and breakouts. I started toying around with TMs and i found this one laying around from last year. WOW!!! it is light coverage, but buildable, pretty good for a TM, since i dont sweat in the winter that is fine, it doesn't make breakouts or eczema (double wow). The illuminating quality is beautiful. If your skin is totally oily i would probably stay away from this product, but it is now a winter staple for my dull skin. i finished my tube of the lightest color, but am on to the medium one with pink undertones ... i am very red-skinned so i needed something that matched my face and body better which is always flushed. Used sponge, brush and fingers; fingers (cleeeaan) work best! easy. when i'm done applying this the only other thing i do to my face is a light dusting of bare minerals medium (pink undertones) on the t-zone. i also sometimes use LM's finishing powder but i like the BMinerals better because it also has some magical luminzing properties. this stuff blurs rinkles and fine lines, pores, evens out redness, looks great under even 30+ eyes... I do find the staying power is greatly improved with a primer. i have used MUFE's HD in green to neutralize redness and it looks great. The illuminating TM stays on several hours but i find i can get a few more hours with it when i use the primer. just ordered from sephora and am getting a sample of mercier's new "radiance" primer and am so excited to use with my TM!!! hope this helps... i love this stuff!!!

Update: am digging this for warm weather too! Use murad oil mattifier lotion, korres oil control pomegranite primer, then this in warm radiance either mixed with MAC prolongwear OR under MAC powder + foundation (nw30). With my Nars laguna bronzer and orgasm blush or multiple, I look like a golden goddess haha. PRETTY!!!

i HATE this product... I normally don't have problems with foundation (or any products for face) but this product breaks me out terribly. I first thought it wasn't the tinted moisturizer but when I tried it again a month later, I broke out again. I also think that it doens't cover at all, maybe it's just the colour that is too light for me. I won't buy this again, while it's so damn expensive!

on 12/7/2011 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this tinted moisturizer. I can understand where some people might be coming from that it is too shimmery, but my skin is terribly dry and dull, so for me, the illuminating properties are very much needed. I use the LM invisible finishing powder on top, and that takes away some of the extra "dazzle" that comes with this product. As far as coverage, I think it is just the right amount for a tinted moisturizer, though I do have to use concealer with it to cover up red spots where I have eczema. I can't seem to find a tinted moisturizer that I really like for my dry, itchy, eczema afflicted skin. I use LM for much of my other make up products so I am hoping this one will be a keeper.

on 10/17/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this tinted moisturizer. I don't wear this by itself but I do love mixing it with other foundations when I want some SPF. I mix it with my Laura Mercier silk creme when I want only a little bit of coverage, it gives me an amazing glow to my skin. It makes my skin look 'glowy' and luminous without looking like I;m out to a disco. It just makes you look healthy and the SPF20 is just an added bonus, another Laura mercier product I love and that doesn't break me out :) Love this

As my 100 point perk from Sephora, i chose to recieve this product. the packaging was nice, and i recognized the tube from a mile away. Having a complete blonde moment while choosing this, i forgot what the term "illuminating" meant. ga-reat! when i tried this on i looked orange and sparkly. quite like snooki. the "glow" was overwhelming and I believe its a "one shade fits all" product...and im very fair. so those type of products are complete red flags for me. between shimmery eyeshadow, blush, and highlighter...i looked like a disco ball after applying all of my makeup, (which isnt much on an everyday basis.) needless to say, i should've saved my points for something bigger and better in the future!

on 8/31/2011 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My favorite tinted moisturiser and ideal for people who want to add a glow to their skin. Its not oily but workds wonders in normal/dry skin types and its best avoided in oily skins. Doesn't cake and lasts all day without causing a heavy feeling on the skin and its barely noticeable.

I kept seeing this rated as #1 in several different magazines, so finally tried it. I was used to Bare Minerals previous to that, otherwise I don't wear much make-up and liquid foundation scares me (I have pretty smooth skin, and I don't like that "caked on" look.) I ordered online so accidentally got the illuminating one and also a color a little darker than what I needed (clearly I hadn't done my homework!). Anyway, upon wearing it to work, I got several compliments about how amazing my skin looks, how I looked great and like I had just returned from vacation, etc. It's probably a little too shiny for work, but I'll keep wearing it for nights out. I'm not as impressed by the regular Laura Mercier TM but it's still better than the others I've tried since then (Smashbox, Lancome, and Stila.)

on 8/25/2011 11:23:00 AM

I'm afraid I hated this. I used it twice and then gave up on it. I used it like any normal tinted moisturiser and it made my face look oily, sweating and generally grubby. Not a good look! Needless to say, I wouldn't buy again.

Expensive, but it doesn't make me break out until Bare Escentuals. I love the dewy look -- it's not too much, even in the summer.

I have a little acne and some scarring but pairing this with Benefit concealer is perfect for every-day use. The girl at the counter suggested putting concealer on after the LM, but I do it either way and it's worked out so far.

---- UPDATE ----

I think this began to contribute to some of my acne. After researching it, the oil-free version may have been a better choice. It's not the worst thing but not the most sensitive for my skin. Now I use Dr. Jart's BB cream and there is no going back!