Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.7

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've always had this product but have not started using it until about 3 weeks ago. I find that on its own, its a little to shimmery for me. I mix it with my Laura Mericer Silk foundation and its perfect. Since my silk foundation is a little to heavy and matte, the tinted illuminator sheers it down just enough and adds a bit of dewyness to my skin.

on 3/28/2012 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My dry sensitive skin makes very difficult to find a foundation that would look natural and at the same time even out my skin tone and texture. Usually it will build up on patches and my skin would flake and believe me, cakey it's not a pretty sight.
I always like to try products searching for the right one (still I am) but so far the best one and easier to blend is Laura Mercier TM. I wear in Nude, it will do the job, is kind of sheer to medium coverage, buildable, but that is what I like.
PROS .- Easy to blend, long lasting, radiant polished finish, hydrating, nice texture, light feeling
CONS.- No many color selection
TIP.- I use a primer before applying it with a foundation brush. Then I blend it with slight round movements with a beauty blender sponge and it will look really polished radiant natural skin.
If you have dry skin, never apply foundation with stipple or blush brush, they will make your skin flake; apply with a wet sponge for sheer coverage or foundation brush for medium + coverage,

on 3/26/2012 11:50:00 AM

Laura Mercier does lovely things with many products. I fell in love with this in the store because the shimmer balance seemed subtle and the color was beautiful. For those with small pores and fairly even skin tone I can see it being a great purchase. Unfortunately for me my pores are not so blessed and there's something about the composition of it that clings to any dryness and accentuates the look of flaking. If worn on its' own it makes me look oily but if worn underneath a foundation with a bit more coverage it shimmers through and gives a dewy glow. Don't buy this if you have combination skin and are looking for a stand alone moisturizer with coverage. Do buy as a product that enhances another.

I'd suggest buying the travel sized version and using it in combination with your daily foundation. The full sized tube is A LOT of product.

on 3/26/2012 9:23:00 AM

I got this product for free as one of those rewards when I was in America.
The packaging is pretty plain but it doesnt really matter what it looks like.
It glides on really smoothly, and gives that face a natural glow. However, as I
have combination/oily skin within a few hours, my face begin to look really oil and
feel sticky. The lasting power of it is also not that great, lasting about 5 hours.
Overall, if you have normal/dry skin it would be great, but if you have oily skin, stay away.

on 3/24/2012 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I took ages to finally buy this really expensive product for fear the colour would be wrong and it would end up in the dumping ground or the unwanted makeup drawer! Finally I took the plunge, thankfully ignoring the sales assistant's advice to get the darker shade, and purchased Bare Radiance. It is a little dark so you have to limit yourself, if you want any coverage I think you should just go for foundation as the more you try to build it up is goes a bit orangey. The pros: it is so natural looking that you could fake it as being your own skin albeit with a bit of shimmer, it is really moisturising on dry skin, handy for the summer/weekends when you're too lazy to apply foundation. The cons: way to expensive, I think a smaller, cheaper version would be great as the tube is massive and will last for ages - given that you can only add a relatively small amount too (for pale skin). I hope to get my skin in better condition, as I also have to add concealer and powder on the nose at the moment, so I can wear less make up as I am sick of the cake face look...

on 3/18/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to get a tm that would give me that 'lit from within' glow, and this is my hg as far as that goes! Im in love...

Edit: I have owned and worn this for at least a week and am very pleased that it does not break me out. I will say that this TM makes me look really shiny thoughout the say, so I mix it with one of my other TM's (I have like 5 lmao) so that it cuts down on the shimmer and shinyness. I really like this..just wish that it was cheaper.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like most of us, I've tried all kinds of foundations looking to make my skin "dewy" and "glowy", etc. This tinted moisturizer does the trick! I use it over the Laura Mercier illuminating primer (not sure of hte name at the moment) and the combination is wonderful. Many compliments. I finally found something that makes my almost-60-year-old skin look youngish. (I inherited great skin genes, lucky me, but still, at 58, one needs lots of help!) After using this, I'd never buy anything else.

I really really really like this tinted moisturizer. I have combination skin and I rarely get blemishes, but I usually wear something to even out my skin tone and make me look a little bit more polished. I like a really natural look and I'm not too concerned about coverage. I love this because it really evens me out and gives me such a glow. I have pretty pale skin and this just makes me look healthy. Even though my t-zone can get oily I don't even need to use powder with this because I don't find that it leaves me looking greasy, just a little bit glowy. It is perfect for a "no makeup" look especially on the weekends with just a little mascara. Definitely recommend!

on 2/2/2012 8:34:00 PM

This product was very disappointing! Within a few days of using it I started breaking out which is unusual for me. And it cost me around $70 so it was a huge rip off and let down for the price!

on 1/30/2012 7:16:00 PM

I have this in natural and the warm.both are too dark for me in winter, especially the warm. However, when I need a glow or need to warm up my foundation a bit, these are fine. However, I notice I used up the bisque non glow finish product, which means it goes better with my skin. I guess shimmer is not something I reach for every day, but I like to have these on hand.