Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.7

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 3/15/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Oh dear, this does not work for me at all. Thick and glittery with strange orange undertones, it highlights all the imperfections of my actually-fairly-okay skin. I bought it after reading a rave review by The Guardian's Sali Hughes. We're about the same age, I think, and she knows her stuff. But now I realise she must have very fine, dry skin, and for those skin types, this possibly does work well. If you have even one visible pore, forget it. This managed to pick out pores I can't even see when I'm not wearing makeup! We all want our skin to look dewy, but if yours is naturally oily, you probably just don't need something with this much shimmer. It's like putting highlighter all over your face. I think that's how I'm going to treat this, actually - will mix with my usual LM Tinted Moisturiser as a cheekbone highlight. Sadly, I can't think of any other use for it.

Love it ! Makes my skin glow and look healthy. A bit too much sparkle but with a dusting of powder looks fantastic .

on 2/2/2014 2:56:00 PM

The Laura Mercier TM called Natural Radiance is way too thick, with the unnaturally shiny finish of a frosted lipstick or automobile pearlized paint job from the Seventies. And it does not cover my pores that well. If a sun tan plus shine is your thing, check out Paula Dorf Jet Set Glo. It's hard to find but not discontinued. That lets more of your natural skin show through, and is not as heavy as the LM Natural Radiance.

on 1/17/2014 12:58:00 AM

I really like this tinted moisturiser. It is perfect for when i don't feel like foundation. It gives me a good coverage and a nice glow. I prefer the texture of the Illuminating over the normal Laura Mercier becuse it feels smoother on my skin.

PROS: Good coverage for a TM. Price isn't the worst. Gorgeous illuminating glow. Moisturizing satin/glow finish.

CONS: The illumination gave my wrinkles too much trouble for me to purchase. (see alternates)

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to first use L'oreal magic perfecting primer patted into pores to disguise my pores and make the foundation last longer. I let it set and I then use my spf/moisturizer and then apply foundation with a moist beauty blender sponge.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

ALTERNATES: Laura's regular TM is okay, but kind of aging in my wrinkles. I used to always go back to my L'oreal Visible Lift Serum foundation, but....I've recently found something that is the best thing for my wrinkles and pores I've EVER tried, Cover Girl AquaSmooth SPF 15 foundation It's not as drying as the Visible Lift one ad better in my wrinkles. And if you want light coverage, like a TM, TheBalm Tinted Moisturizer "Balm Shelter" is beautiful on skin.

I am long time chantecaille fan but this Laura Mercier is a new find. lovely and illuminating perfect glow for over 40 skin. just dust powder in t zone and lasts all day. I use a primer under and have no trouble with oil breakthrough. I still love the just skin more; color is better and lasts longer but this one is very nice too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a big-time HG for me. I don't wear it as a tinted moisturizer, but rather as a highlighter on top of my foundation, focused around my cheekbones and forehead. I think it would be too shimmery to wear as a foundation, but is divine as an illuminator. Excellent small range of colors. I'd probably put this in my top five current makeup table staples. Added bonus: You get a TON or product. One tube will last me a year. Will repurchase forever.

on 9/14/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I too thought this was too sparkly, but a dusting of blot powder immediately takes care of the shine. now it's my go-to TM. I will buy again

on 7/30/2013 7:44:00 PM

WAY too shimmery!! Nice texture, no awful scent ... but I didn't glow (natural) I shimmered (frosty).

Probably ok as a highlighter ... but for a total face ... no way.

on 7/15/2013 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is one of my absolute favourite tinted moisturisers. i don't use it for everyday wear as the gorgeous glow it gives you plays best on sunny days or after dark imo. it's a lovely formulation that goes on smoothly and evenly and brightens your skin in the most flattering way, highlighting the high points of your face. it definitely gives you a glow but without any oily shine, shimmer, sparkle or glitter - and for that it's worth the cost.
my only reservation is that while the tint does a good job of covering skin flaws, the illuminating effect tends to play up large pores, so a bit more preparation or finishing may be needed for those areas, but that's a small price to pay for the overall effect of lovely glowing skin.