Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating
Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.8

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 10/18/2009 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the LM oil-free TM a lot, so I decided to try out this sample of the "illuminating" one. I should have read these reviews first! As others have noted, the "glowy" stuff actually makes me look a little ghostly in some types of lighting. Even in the best light (?!), the formulation does seem a bit unnatural-looking, which kind of defeats the purpose of TM, doesn't it? The other killer is the "not-oil-free" formulation. The following morning (after wearing), I have a minor breakout problem. To the trash....

on 9/24/2009 8:39:00 PM

Wow this is a cool tint moisturizer! it has great coverage! its better than a foundation! would buy again!:)

on 8/18/2009 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I finally tossed the sample tube I have been using since May. I used Bare Radiance, which was really just a nude-y, translucent like color. I say this because I got really tan this summer, and the color didn't look pasty or anything bad like that. My biggest pro for this product was how easy it was to just swipe this on my face. I am a die hard user of Bare Escentuals, and sometimes it just is a pain to take the time to apply it. I'm really lucky because I have decent, normal skin, and I was able to just use tiny dots on both cheeks and forehead, and it made my skin tone even. However, this stuff is sparkly. It is obnoxiously glittery. I also began to notice my face became quite oily, and I have been dealing with pimples all summer, which is very unusal for me, and I am starting to believe that it has to do with this tinted moisturizer. I will not repurchase this, or the regular one, even though I really liked the convience of it.

on 8/2/2009 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, I read many reviews of this, way back when and finally broke down and got it in April. There was much ooh-ing and aah-ing at the LM makeup counter once I had the product applied and I strolled out 20 minutes later, parted from my $52 Canadian. What can I say now? a) It breaks me out in small spots when I use it alone and consistently and b) the iridescence really is too much. Nobody loves a nice dewy glow as much as yours truly (I mean, I'm crawling towards 40), but the Bare shade, worn alone, gives my skin a weird, pasty, silvery sheen that seems by no means natural. The solution? I mix it with my warmer-toned (and considerably more matte) Boots No7 TM. Lovely combo, just the right amount of dewiness without making me look like a frying pan. Now if I only I could find a TM that was good all by itself...the search continues.

on 3/21/2009 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I just bought this and have been to two functions and have received compliments on my appearance. One friend told me that I looked 'radiant'. This gives me enough coverage and lasts until I am ready to wash for the night. So far, so good.