Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating
Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.8

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I mix this moisturizer with the regular one and I love how it gives glow on my face.

on 10/16/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Overall, this is a good tinted moisturizer, does everything it says on the box. It's lightweight, excellent coverage, and has these illuminating particles that's supposed to give the skin a "dewy finish".
The problem is, those illuminating particles just make my skin looks oily under most lights. It looked fine in the sephora store when I tried it on, but under natural light, it makes my skin way too shiny.
Now I'm mostly using it as a hightlighter, or apply powder on top to reduce the shine.
p.s. I'm using the warm radiance

on 10/4/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love the Glow this gave me! But beware, not to wear this on photos, you will look like a frikkking grease ball. I took a photo of me with flash and I looked super greasy, but in a photo without flash I looked normal. It feels confortable on my dry skin and I think it is the best TM I have ever used.

on 9/3/2010 5:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I think this is an excellent tinted moisturizer.. Of course, it is not a foundation, so it doesn't provide the same amount of coverage as a foundation, but nevertheless, it provides more coverage than most tinted moisturizers I have used so far. I bought it in the shade Bare Radiance and it's a very good match with my skintone. The moisturizer looks very glittery, but once applied I find that it's not glittery at all. It just gives me a very nice glow. Sometimes I powder my chin and forehead with some MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, but when my skin is dry, I actually appreciate the all over glow this moisturizer gives me. I would love to repurchase this if I run out, but I will have to see whether I can actually affort it at that time, as it is a very pricey product.

Edit: I especially love this product during the winter, as the light tends to be quite greyish. This moisturizer is great during this time of the year, but I think that it would be less suitable for summer weather, because the bright sun would probably make the shimmer stand out more. I am planning on buying the oil free version to use during the summer. I often don't like the heavier coverage of foundation, so this tinted moisturizer is a great find for me.

Edit 2: Even though I still really like this product, I don't think it's as versatile as the normal LM TM. Because it's so expensive and I only use it during the winter, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 7/13/2010 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want to look shiny, oil, and gross - buy this product. Yuck - I HATED the way this made me look. After loving the oil free tinted moisturizer from Laura Mercier I thought this would be a great alternative for the summer. Boy was I wrong! I felt that this emphasized all of my flaws and made me look dirty. I actually returned it because I disliked it so much!

on 7/6/2010 9:02:00 AM

I love this tinted moisturizer!! I'm not so sure about the moisturizing part though since I still use a regular moisturizer underneath but other than that this is a great product for my dry/combination skin! On my good skin days I moisturize, apply this, and then top it off with a matte finishing powder to tone down the illumination a little. :p On normal days I mix this with my regular liquid foundation for a dewy, glowing finish. On very bad skin days I mix a couple drops of this with Laura Mercier's silk creme foundation. All three combinations give me beautiful, glowing skin that looks natural and not too made up. If I have time or am going out at night I sometimes use this by itself as a highlighter for my cheekbones, brow bones, etc. It is little expensive but it lasts for a long time and I will buy it again when I run out. Oh, about the tube packaging, for the first few uses I found quite a bit of product squeezed out into the cap and went to waste. :( Now that I've been using if for a while it doesn't happen anymore, but just something to keep in mind.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got a sample of this from Sephora. As a tinted moisturizer, it really doesn't doesn't do much because the moisturizing factor doesn't hydrate my super dry skin that well and there's practically zero "tint" to cover up any of my imperfections. However, I like to use this as a base before I apply my foundation to give my skin a glow. It does an amazing job of this, and I love how my skin looks luminous without being overly shimmery. When you first put it on, it may look a little over the top. But just give it a little bit of time to sink in, and your skin will go from looking greasy to radiant. I have this in "Bare Radiance" and I find that this shade is a lot more beige (and more natural looking) then my Revlon Age Defying Spa Face Illuminator in "Bare Light", which basically does the same thing but is paler and more pink-based. Although the Revlon Illuminator is lots cheaper and I would recommend it, some downsides are: it has a super strong scent that may bother some people, the packaging leaves much to be desired (hate the attached brush bead), it tends to look a bit too shimmery sometimes, and it is not as moisturizing as the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, since it's only mean to be a highlighter anyway. But even though I do like this Laura Mercier's Illuminating TM, I find that it's just too expensive and I would rather go with Revlon's Illuminator.

EDIT: [11/02/10] After many instances of reaching for this at Sephora and then trying to tell myself that I didn't need to purchase it, I FINALLY gave in and ordered it during the Sephora Friends and Family Sale. I've realized how much I've missed this! I am an NC30, but I like "Bare Radiance" even though it's the lightest shade because it gives such a pretty pearly sheen! It's perfect for wintertime. My tarte Smooth Operator Illuminating Serum is more of a warmer beige compared to this, and so I like to use that for everyday looks or I mix it with my foundations to sheer them out. I reserve the Laura Mercier Illuminating LM for days when I want to achieve that glowy ethereal look. I think anyone into the cutesy Japanese pale dolly look would love this product because the brightening effect on the skin is very natural.

on 4/22/2010 12:06:00 AM

Gives skin a beautiful glow. I don't find this too glittery but then I top it off with powder so that it stays. I recommend that to others who find it too sparkly. You'll still have that luminous finish that gives the illusion of perfect skin. I use bare reflection as I am quite pale. It's the most expensive tinted moisturizer I've ever used, but considering it covers like a foundation and has uva/uvb protection (unlike LM's other TMs), I don't mind the price. I highly recommend, esp. in cooler weather.

on 1/5/2010 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wore this alone one day. It turned my face into a greasy and shiny mess. Perhaps it would work better with a powder but I threw it away anyway because I have oily skin, and the last thing I need is anything that will encourage more oil.

I dont understand this product at all. Its called a ''tinted moisturiser'' so to me, thats how it should be used- as a tinted moisturiser. Its not labelled a shimmer/highlighter product of any kind so I think its only fair we review it as its actually called and stated for use as. For that purpose, its terrible, for me anyway. I am a HUUUUUGE LM fan, her silk creme foundation and cream blushers are HG's and I equally love other products in her line too but this was absolutly terrible. Like many people, I found i couldnt get a decent colour match in the regualr tm's- nude being too light and sand being to orange. So i tried the illuminating version which has much better colour choices and as i like a glowy look anyway i thought it would be perfect. But its very shiny on, very. I had to use a lot of powder to tone it down, and then i just looked too powdery when all i wanted was a light glowy base. After half a day i noticed my forehead looking a little red in places, with it being quite cold i didnt think anything of it, i just thought it was the cold and being outside to long but when i took this awful tm off i had red spots all over my forehead and i never break out from anything usually. I know people are saying u should use this underneathe your regular make up and yes u can but i think there are much better liquid highlighters, creams and shimmer powders deseigned for that that would give a much better result. Of course if u are stuck with this, and cannot return it u can try using it as a highlighting base under your foundation which i also tried but my face just felt loaded with product. I do not like this product at all.