Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating
Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.8

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 3/18/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to get a tm that would give me that 'lit from within' glow, and this is my hg as far as that goes! Im in love...

Edit: I have owned and worn this for at least a week and am very pleased that it does not break me out. I will say that this TM makes me look really shiny thoughout the say, so I mix it with one of my other TM's (I have like 5 lmao) so that it cuts down on the shimmer and shinyness. I really like this..just wish that it was cheaper.

I really really really like this tinted moisturizer. I have combination skin and I rarely get blemishes, but I usually wear something to even out my skin tone and make me look a little bit more polished. I like a really natural look and I'm not too concerned about coverage. I love this because it really evens me out and gives me such a glow. I have pretty pale skin and this just makes me look healthy. Even though my t-zone can get oily I don't even need to use powder with this because I don't find that it leaves me looking greasy, just a little bit glowy. It is perfect for a "no makeup" look especially on the weekends with just a little mascara. Definitely recommend!

on 1/14/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

In the summer, I wear some pretty heavy-duty matte foundations (ie pro longwear, double wear, etc.)... but in winter my skin changes so completely that even a moisturizing natural foundation causes eczema flaking and breakouts. I started toying around with TMs and i found this one laying around from last year. WOW!!! it is light coverage, but buildable, pretty good for a TM, since i dont sweat in the winter that is fine, it doesn't make breakouts or eczema (double wow). The illuminating quality is beautiful. If your skin is totally oily i would probably stay away from this product, but it is now a winter staple for my dull skin. i finished my tube of the lightest color, but am on to the medium one with pink undertones ... i am very red-skinned so i needed something that matched my face and body better which is always flushed. Used sponge, brush and fingers; fingers (cleeeaan) work best! easy. when i'm done applying this the only other thing i do to my face is a light dusting of bare minerals medium (pink undertones) on the t-zone. i also sometimes use LM's finishing powder but i like the BMinerals better because it also has some magical luminzing properties. this stuff blurs rinkles and fine lines, pores, evens out redness, looks great under even 30+ eyes... I do find the staying power is greatly improved with a primer. i have used MUFE's HD in green to neutralize redness and it looks great. The illuminating TM stays on several hours but i find i can get a few more hours with it when i use the primer. just ordered from sephora and am getting a sample of mercier's new "radiance" primer and am so excited to use with my TM!!! hope this helps... i love this stuff!!!

Update: am digging this for warm weather too! Use murad oil mattifier lotion, korres oil control pomegranite primer, then this in warm radiance either mixed with MAC prolongwear OR under MAC powder + foundation (nw30). With my Nars laguna bronzer and orgasm blush or multiple, I look like a golden goddess haha. PRETTY!!!

on 8/31/2011 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My favorite tinted moisturiser and ideal for people who want to add a glow to their skin. Its not oily but workds wonders in normal/dry skin types and its best avoided in oily skins. Doesn't cake and lasts all day without causing a heavy feeling on the skin and its barely noticeable.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am very light skinned, but not deathly pale and I struggle to find a product that will make me look 'healthy' but not tangoed. I use fake tanners now and again but they break me out and streak badly. Rather than continuing this I decided to buy this product. I bought this product in "Warm Radiance" which is not advised for my light skin tone. I am very glad I did. It provides me with a very warm complexion without looking makeup-y. I would not advise applying it to the whole face, only the parts of the face that is hit by light. Avoid the area above the lip, unless you want to look like you have just done a sweaty jog around the park. I apply it to my cheeks, focussing on the cheekbones, front of my nose and apply a very sparing amount on the chin and forehead ( it can cause same problem with looking sweaty in those areas). This moisturiser is very versatile, but if applying over regular foundation I would "press" it into the face as it tends to move your makeup and reveal spots you may have covered up. Some people recommend setting the moisturiser with finishing powder to remove the greasy look. In my opinion this completely ruins the purpose of the moisturiser to 'illuminate' the face. Instead just apply less LM moisturiser and don't clog up your pores with extra powder!

Although not cheap, you use a lot less due to this moisturiser having slightly thicker coverage than most tinted moisturisers. This 50ml tube should last a fairly long time. A definate convert, although this product looks better in artificial light as opposed to natural sunlight. Will buy again!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

All in all I think this product is alright. I don't really understand why everyone goes on about it like it's the holy grail. The coverage is good, but heavier than I'd like in a tinted moisturizer. Additionally, the texture is a bit sticky - i think due to the sunscreen in it. That being said - if you're looking for a heavier tinted moisturizer this is a good one, it covers very, very well. I just wanted something light to even out skin tone so it was a bit much for me...

The one thing that's amazing about it is how well it matches Asian skin. I know I personally am a bit sick of only seeing pink and beige tones so it was nice to see a company taking other skin tones into account!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried out a sample tube of this, then passed it on to a friend. I have dry skin, and this made me look like I smeared my face with shortening. So greasy-looking! I love LM's regular tinted moisturizer, but I could not make this work. (The term "illuminating" is now a red flag for me.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE THIS. Lately, this has been my everyday foundation. I have this in Bare Radiance. When I tested this on my arm at Sephora, I was a little scared of the shimmer. I bought it anyway. So glad I did, this has been one of the best MU purchases I've made in a while. If you are looking for healthy looking, glowy, light coverage, this is for you. It really just makes you look "pretty". :-) So love this!!! The sheer shimmer isn't extreme at all. I do a MoM mattifying layer before applying and set with loose powder and it lasts a good 8 hours blotting only once on my oily skin. With no oxidation! I will definitely be re-purchasing this!

on 4/28/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

A few months ago I had the experience of sitting in a large hall with 5 busloads of French men and women over 40 for several hours. I noticed that most of the women looked vibrant and youthful despite the lack of obvious plastic surgery. I tried to see if I could determine their secret and it dawned on me that most of them were wearing far less makeup than the average American, and that many had glowing skin (being uniformly thin and having certain fashion flair didnt hurt either). I talked to several of the women, who told me that they wore little makeup but spent money on facials, face creams,etc. I was so impressed, that I decided to re-think my makeup strategy.

I had tried TMs years before, but had dismissed them as not having enough coverae. But now, thanks to meticulous skin care and Renova, my skin isn't bad. I had heard good things about Laura Mercier TM and headed to Sephora. I initially bought both the regular and illuminating TM, thinking that the illuminating would be too shiny or sparkly. I mixed them together for awhile and was pleased with the results.

Then, two weeks ago I started using only the illuminating TM I use Bare. And boy did the compliments begin! I do not find it too shiny for my 52 year old skin, it gives a nice glow. Very minimal coverage, my imperfections still show through, but are minimized and softened. I put it on over my moisturizer/sun screen and a little concealer around my eyes only. I have been using a little blush and just a light dusting of powder over my T zone. I might apply more if I were looking for a more polished work look, but I don't wear much makup to work, I am a nurse and it wears off from the mask I often wear. I really am glowing! In a good way! I apply it with the sonia kashuk blue sponge, sort of dabbing it on. I don't have to use much, so I imagine it will last awhile, which is good since it is somewhat expensive. I also wish it were in a little pump bottle rather than a tube, but a minor point. Overall, I'd rate this very highly and recommend it to my 50+ friends. I love the way my skin looks so much better and more youthful!

UPDATE: I still like this product, but no longer wear it alone. Rather, I mix it with the regular TM or other foundation for all-over use, or use by itself over the cheekbone area. I like it by itself indoors, but outdoors it's just too shiny

ONE YEAR LATER: I am still using this, which is a miracle for me, as I change makeup approaches frequently. I still mix this with a matte TM (either Mercier or Sonia Kashuk). I generally wear it with a bit of Tarte cheek stain and get loads of compliments on my skin. I am wearing less makeup than ever before, and feel like I look younger. I am careful not to use too much of this when outdoors in the sun, but indoors it's fantastic. Have re-bought once.

on 1/3/2011 1:16:00 PM

I have no idea what has been keeping me from buying this!

I used to be a great fan of using Smashbox's backdrop cooling tint until the new formular came out about 2 years ago. The new formular is as great as the pervious generation but it "excited" my face that it turned me into an oil pit on my combination skin type. Ended up I let it go to a new home where my friend could use it.

Now.... I have found a great replacement! Granted, I do not wear this alone. After my daily skin care regime (i.e. cleansing, toning, putting on serum) I put this on as my moisturizer. I let the product sinks in for a minute before I put on either my MUFE HD foundation (but a super thin layer only!) or my Lancome's Ageless Minérale powder. I would put concealer on places where they need a little bit more coverage.

The tinted moisturizer really gives me that perfect glow and it helps to keep my makeup fresh all day. It doesn't break me out as far as I concern. My skin is soft and supple and what eles could I ask for? True enough it is on the expansive side, but a little goes a long long way. A dime size should be more than enough. Love it, Love it!