Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

3.8

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

As a man, I think women are sometimes crazy to spend the kind of money they do on certain skin care products that never live up to their claims. That concern need not apply here. I was lucky enough to receive two deluxe samples of this serum from a friend. All I can say about the results on my skin after using it for a month is...wow. Though I'm only 32, and meticulous when it comes to avoiding sun and wearing a good SPF, this serum really smoothed out any slight damage that was starting to appear. What's even better is that it really helps with redness and sensitivity. I know some other reviewer said "don't use this if you're sensitive" but that's simply not true because I'm sensitive/combo and I think they probably used it the wrong way -- it's not a moisturizer, it's a serum! Anyway, this was really calming, soothing, refined the look of my pores and any flaws, it's quite incredible. I hate that I'm out of the samples now, and I switched back to Prescriptives Line Preventor Extreme, and already my skin isn't looking nearly as good as it was while using the Perfectionist product. So, I'm going to have to suck it up and begrudgingly pay $100 for a 50ml bottle (in Canada) because I just can't live without this I've realized. No, it won't cure wrinkles at all, but it will soften them slightly and make the skin look and behave younger. Even my friends complimented my skin while using this product without knowing what the heck I was doing differently. Incidentally, even "I hate everything" Paula Begoun raved about this product on her website and called it "state-of-the-art ." I couldn't agree more. BTW, I find that "less is more" with this product, so that's something to be said for the expensive price.

This product give redness and dries my skin terrible out.I looked like a lobster.
Not a product for sensitive and dehydrated skin.
It has a lot of silicons.I go back to Decleor or the Hydramax line of Chanel.
Perfectionist + makes my skin really very bad. Be aware if you have a sensitive skin
Update 09/11/2009: I tried it again and this time it helps my skin and now it does the job better (because of...) I am satisfied no dryness or redness.May be it was something else what did make my skin red.

on 9/18/2008 11:18:00 AM

Can't say much than what already has been said.

Goes on like a dream, leaves my skin velvet and smooth to the touch.
Acts like a primer as well for my foundation.
It completely faded some sun burn damage I had left on my decoletee.
The wonderful pump gives you just a little bit and so a bottle takes a long time.
Really worth the money.

on 8/20/2008 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Another excellent "must try" new product! Thank you, thank you cavewoman for recommending this wonderful new serum. I was suffering from an ugly, really bad reaction (blackheads and enlarged pores around my nose) from overusing a much too strong vitamin serum. I used CP+ serum a few times and the whole mess literally cleared up within a couple of days! That's awesome! I am now using the serum (daytime) on targeted areas with the goal of removing a few persistent brown spots and in conjunction with EL Ultimate Youth Cream (nightime) which is also top notch for mature, dry skin (reviewed that as well if you're interested). The prior reviews thoroughly explain CP+ benefits and ingredients, so I am simply adding this to show my appreciation to cavewoman for her recommendation and to share my initial positive results. UPDATE 9/2/08: My personal "negative" on this is the very strong scent....too flowery and sweet for me. Fortunately, the odor dissipates quickly once on the skin, so it's not a show stopper. The 1.7oz well designed container (efficient pump in a sturdy glass bottle) is an excellent value for $80. This product will last a LONG time and I am very hopeful, based on the prior great reviews, that the results will be long lasting as well.

on 8/17/2008 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a week and a half. While I love how it feels on my face, I still see my wrinkles exactly the same , altho it says you should see some improvement after the first week. I'm disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, water, polysilicone 11, dimethicone, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, silica, butylene glycol, yeast extract, scutellaria baicalensis extract, mulberry root extract, st pauls wort extract, clary extract, grape fruit extract, barley extract, chamomilla flower extract, wheat germ extract, corn kernal extract, licorice root extract, narcissus blub extract, boswellia serrata extract, lady's thistle extract, fish (pisces) collagen, polysorbate 40, ethylhexyl glycerin, caffeine, cholesterol, hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen, pentylene glycol, whey protein, pantethine, creatine, soybean protein, glycerin, peg 10 dimethicone, sodium pca, ammonum acryloyldimethyltaurate, linoleic acid, glyceryl polyacrylate, polyquaternium 51, squlane, propylene glycol dicaprate, acetyl carnitine hcl, acetyl hexapeptide 8, phytosphingosine, sodium hyaluronate, adenosine phosphate, aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate, peg 8, disodium distrylbiphenyl disulfonate, lecithin, palimotyl oligopeptide, disodium NADH, caprylyl glycol, decarboxy carnosine hcl, laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein, sodium betasitosteryl sulfate, fragrance, sodium chondroitin sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, hexylene glycol, hydroxyethyl cellulose, sodium chloride, xantham gum, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, mica. (I typed this myself from the box, so there might be a stray typo, but I tried to be very careful!)

WOW thats a lot of ingredients. But after using it for only one day, my skin LOOKS and FEELS nicer. It looks less blotchy, less irritated, more even, more calm. I dont have wrinkles, Im using this for the even skin tone properties. I have Idealist, but Im more impressed with this since the results are seen/felt much more quickly. Its creamier than Idealist, but it leaves a similar silky feeling, soaks in/dries like a dream. It smells wonderful, like rose or lavender or peony, I cant put my finger on it. Ive never used the old version so I dont know how well it has improved. But Im going to keep using this and I hope my skin keeps improving. This is very expensive ($80 for 1.7 oz or $55 for 1 oz) but if you like EL serums, this is DEFINITELY worth trying. I will try to update later, but Im very hopeful. I have a lot of red post-acne marks I need to get rid of, and a lot of large pores I'd like to have refined.

Update 08/18/08: No breakouts or clogs from this (and Im very prone to that) which makes me very happy. Also, I had bad nasty pimple around the time I bought this, and a week later, theres not even a red spot left behind! so not only did it heal fast, but it left no scar. I was floored. So yes, as long as your skin can tolerate silicones, this is wonderful for blemishes when they are in their heal-stage. It also makes them smoother so makeup goes more easily overtop. This is so much better than Idealist!

Update #2: 01/04/09: I'm STILL amazed at this serum! I put it away for a while and used other products the past few months, but Im glad I kept this around. I dug it out again today. My skin was having a fit - it was red, irritated, flaky. I had an underground blemish that finally decided to come to a head (after a few months of being buried!), and so it left a big red spot and was inflamed a bit. I put on some Advanced Night Repair Concentrate (also always have that around somewhere) but that wasnt enough, my skin was still a little irritated. So I figured, well, I'll spot treat with the Perfectionist, its worked in the past. WOW. Immediately (as in, within a couple minutes) after putting this on my troubled spots, my skin completely calmed down!! Over my blemish, I felt a slight tingle, nothing bad, but it really reduced the inflammation and irritation. I dont know which ingredients are doing all the work, but this is truly an amazing serum.

Update #3: 10/29/09: this serum is still AWESOME. LOVE!!! continued >>

on 7/29/2008 7:21:00 AM

My love affair with the former version of Perfectionist CP+ lasted for years. It is truly the only treatment product that I have ever used that gave me exactly what it promised. I had run out, and was at the Lauder counter to get more, and I saw the new purple bottle sitting on the counter. My SA told me that this was the newest version. She said it was even better, and I could not even figure out how that could be, but I bought it. At first as I started to use it, I was pleased with the way it felt on my skin, it feels like it is full of silicones. It definitely leaves a film on the skin and filled in pores and lines, but somehow it felt thicker on my face than the older version of CP+. I used the new version for a few weeks. I noticed a slight lightening effect on some spots on my face, but when using foundation over top of this new version, it seemed to make my foundation cake and clump and go on unevenly. I prefer the original CP+ and fortunately it is still sold at the CCO Lauder Outlets.

on 7/23/2008 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is the new 2008 reformulated version. It is truly amazing and I vow to never be without this again! I was using the older formula, and I ran out, but when I went to buy more, the SA told me a new one was coming out soon. So she gave me a sample of the older one to help me out until then. I ran out completely for about 2 months because I was a little short on cash, but when I finally did I was so impressed with the new formula!! This promises to start rebuilding collagen in 2 hours and has something new called 'peptide fragments' that signal your skin to produce more collagen. They say that wrinkles get deeper as the day goes on and this prevents it. But all the claims aside, I use this mainly to prevent wrinkles and diminish my hyperpigmentation. I have been using this for a week and I can honestly say that it works! My face looks fresh, plumped, and I can see my darker spots have faded slightly. I really feel as though I've turned back the clock a few years. Yes, it is expensive, but Chanel and Creme de la Mer are way more expensive than this, and this actually does what it says! Bravo Estee Lauder!!