Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.4

I'm in love with this aha! Thank you Dan for formulating this wonderful product. AHA+ is the only product I've used that has made a difference in my skin. I took accutane four years ago with so so results. My acne came back after a year. The aspirin mask that was helping control my acne suddenly stopped working, and I started to get cystic pimples on my cheeks. These left me with tons of red marks. Frustrated, I made a visit to my derm only to come out disappointed. He wrote a presprition for Duac and sent me away. He didn't bother listening to my story and told me that Duac will solve my acne problem..I'm allergic to b.p products so I knew using this would only worsen my acne. I tried it anyway out of desperation. Within 30 minutes of application, my face started to throb and it became really itchy. I had to immmediately run to the washroom to rinse it off. It took a week for my skin to normalize. This was when I decided to look for another alternative. I searched and searched different forums and read reviews of several acne treatments that people have had success with. MUA introduced me to this product due to its high ratings and raving reviews. I compared this with other glycolic treatments and decided to give this one a try for two reasons- one, for being fairly inexpensive and two, for its size. Dan insisted of using this 2-3x a week, but I went against the grain and started with daily application. My skin didn't react too badly as I had expected it to. My skin purged for the first two weeks, but after that it was smooth sailing. My acne cleared up within 3 months of continous use, and I no longer get those painful bumps that leave red marks behind after the inflammation healed. I'm now nearing my 8 month mark and my skin has remained consistently clear. The only time I get a pimple is when I'm nearing my period (it sucks being a female....gotta deal with those crazy hormones) but those goes away after two-three days. This faded some of my hyperpigmentation from past acne. I still have a few red marks left to take care of but diligent use of this aha and diy vitamin c serum is proving to be quite effective in fading the remaining marks I do have. I started with 15 (yes I counted it) and I'm now left with 3-5. I use this at night after misting my face with Thayer's Alcohol-Free Rose Water Toner. This reduces the flakiness and dryness I get from the aha.
I highly recommend this product to anyone who's allergic to b.p and is looking for another alternative that won't give them side effects associated with bp use. Feel free to send me a mail if you have any questions.

UPDATE: I will be discontinuing this as soon as I get my alpha hydrox enhanced lotion. While this AHA gave me clear acne-free skin, I developed a lot of tiny white bumps on the right side of my cheek and neckline.

on 7/27/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin type: Oily, hormonal acne, huge pores, and lots of hyperpigmentation from old acne.
I used this product for 4 months. I wanted this product to lighten the acne scars and hopefully prevent new breakouts. There was no improvement to my acne. My face was stil very oily if not oilier. Pores looked even bigger! the first week on this product, i did notice that my skin seem really soft in the morning but that effect faded as the wks went on. This product was very disappointing for me because there are so many great reviews about how life changing this product is but i wasnt even expecting life changing, i woulda settled for improvement in my skin even in the slightest and this product did not do that.

I will not rave, but i will say that I've used this product diligently for a month and a half, every night, and this is my HG AHA. I had AWFUL flaky skin (years of BP and proactive, make-up was impossible to apply), and now it's smooth, and I haven't had flakes for at least the past month!

In the morning i wash my face with Proactive Cleanser, followed by Proactive BP, followed my Acne.org's AWESOME Moisturizer, and in the evening instead of the moisturizer i use this AHA. This regime had worked wonders for me. Pimples are infrequent, spots are fading, and dry skin is a thing of the past.

This product has a weird smell, but i'm so used to it now that i actually have grown to like it.. Maybe because i associate it with fantastic results :)

Thank you Dan.

on 5/14/2010 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use the Acne.org regimen daily, but I switch the moisturizer out every other night and use about a pea-size amount of this instead. The AHA stung a little when I first started using it, especially if I had any healing acne. The combination of this with the BP is very effective. The exfoliation properties of the AHA, along with being increasingly diligent about carefully working the BP into my skin, have reduced the appearance of blackheads significantly over time. I've seen a vast improvement in my skin overall. A lot of my deep acne scarring looks more smooth and flat. The discoloration will probably need more time, but it's not as noticeable. I've also gotten in the habit of applying this after I shower to my chest and back. I've had less breakouts, and I'm surprised this whole system has worked so well.

on 5/7/2010 12:10:00 AM

I wasn't' even thinking about buying this but I bought the kit and decided at the last minute to throw it into the cart. Wow! I am so glad I made that impulse purchase. This stuff is fantastic especially given the price. It's well formulated and does an excellent job of exfoliation and moisturization. No breakouts or irritation. I saw results after just a few days. This is an excellent product. I can't imagine anyone not being pleased with this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I purchased this product because of the flaky spots on my cheeks due to use of benzoyl peroxide(persa gel 10) This definitely gets rid of the flakiness and i can feel that my skin is much smoother than before. However i am not sure if this is helping with my hyper pigmentation.

on 4/27/2010 10:37:00 PM

I really like this product:) Makes my skin stay pretty clear and helps fade acne scars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i really like this product. It works so well and i use it every morning and night. The first night i used it, i woke up with really super smooth skin. I was having trouble with flakiness cuz my skin was so dry. My bf told me to use this and i'm hooked. I bought two immediately after my first use and have been using it religiously morning and night every day for about two months already. Awesome product. I may not use in the morning for the summer months but will use it at night.
P.S: i only have hormonal acne and my skin is in pretty good condition so i'm not sure about the acne control side. but my bf used it and it works for him so yeah. nice moisturizer.

on 4/14/2010 11:58:00 PM

Just brilliant too! All of acne.org stuff has been great!

Made my skin GLOW. Great as a moisturiser by itself, but I don't wear this in the day because it feels like a mask when I sweat or get flushed.

Great as a night cream though, the results were visible in 2-3 days. I started to use this about 3 mths after using the acne.org "treatment" so my skin was well and truely settled down.

Just does something to your skin to make it finally look relaxed and fresh, like I feel on the inside.

So Cheap! Does MORE than it said it would. Love it!

Out of all acne.org products this one is the best. I think it does make my skin a bit brighter and smoother. But it's not a treatment for huge inflamed pimples. In fact, I think it is not suited for irritated/ erupted skin.