Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

on 10/28/2009 4:09:00 AM

I really liked this product at first. It applied it with a light hand, but I never really got the natural look I wanted. I got the Brunette and one side is too light and the other too dark. When I mix it, it still isn't natural looking. I love the staying power, but for the price, it doesn't perform like I want it too. BE's brow powder in Dark Blonde/Medium is perfect for those with black hair and dark eyebrows that aren't exactly black.

on 10/10/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this product. I am a redhead and it is very difficult to get a good color match that doesn't make your brows look overdone. Each palette comes with 2 colors that you can blend to custom make the color you want. In the fall and winter I can go slightly darker than in the summer months so this product is perfect. The power looks completely natural and wears really well. I use the Strawburn but it looks like the brand has all of the hair colors covered. If you are looking for a great product for brows, try this! Will definitely repurchase.

on 10/10/2009 12:21:00 PM

This brow powder is a great match for me. I am an Asian with black hair, black brows, and brown eyes. I purchased the Anastasia brow powder in medium brown. At first, I was deciding between medium brown and ebony. I have normal black eyebrows; my brows are not sparse and not bushy. I wanted a brow powder that will just make my brows looked more polished and neat, not obviously painted on or brown. When I first opened my brow powder, it looked so light and no where close to my black eyebrow color. But the dark and even the light powder matched my brows PERFECTLY. I layered too much of the dark powder on and my eyebrows looked way too dark. My second try was more successful and more natural looking. The brow powder has more of a grayish rather than brownish undertone, which looked very natural and lovely on my eyebrows and fair skin. If you're a fair skinned asian like me, get this.

Also, if you want to see how this looks, you can search Michelle Phan's video on Youtube. She uses this brow powder in medium brown in one of her Valentine makeup videos and it looks black. In other videos, she uses the same exact brow in medium brown and it looks brown. She also has black hair and brows and somewhat fair skin. After seeing the versatility of color in her videos, I decided with the medium brown rather than the ebony. Hope this was helpful!

on 9/23/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ahhhh... perfection. If you can't seem to find anything that compliments your brow hair color or nicely creates the illusion of brow hair, then you must try this. I tried a lot of drugstore brow fillers and they were mostly failures. If you got some $$ to burn or if you really obsess over your brows (like I do) and want nothing less than outstanding, try Anastasia Brow Powder.

The coloring system here is so thoroughly researched and perfected that I can say they have a color for virtually every one. I have very difficult to match "ashy" brown brows. Most brows sticks and/or powders I've tried are too red, too black, too heavy, too waxy. The medium ash color works wonders for me. It looks *just* like my natural brow hair, nothing fake about it. The colors are quite unflattering in the pan, a very blah grey and a darker charcoal, but they work so well with my natural brow color - it's almost scary.

The texture of the powder is so smooth and blends on the skin wonderfully. It's not messy and does not flake during application. It's smooth texture allows for a very precise application - your brows look natural, clean, yet noticeably defined (and refined : )).

The pigment is very rich and withstands a lot of activity. After a sweaty jog, I don't really notice anything wrong with my brows, everything is kept in place. Even after a long day, my brows still look pretty good.

It's formula allows for versatility. You can go easy with the powder and add just a wash of color and soft lines to make brows naturally full, or you can use a more heavy hand to sculpt a more dramatic look.

Although it's pricey, it's worth every penny! I bought mine months ago and have yet to even see the bottom of the pan! The packaging is adorable yet functional - I dropped it several times on hard flooring and the product never cracked. However, because it's so compact, it's kinda hard to find. I panic when I can't find it in the morning! It's so essential. I love it!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG eyebrow powder. I absolutely LOVE this stuff. The packing is super dooper cute. :) I feel so cool carry it with me, lol.

Anyways, I first got this in Ebony since I'm asian with black hair. I had another brow powder from before by Milani but it was way too brown for my brows and didn't look right with my black hair. xD

Ebony is the perfect match for me. I use the light shade for the inner and middle part of my brows and the darker shade for the out arch. IT IS LOVE. I am always excited to do my brows now.

I later bought one in Medium Ash and I think it has a great shade of colors too. I've only used the darker shade though but it's great. It's a bit more natural than the Ebony duo. But what I like about the Medium Ash one is that you could build up on the powder and it won't look unnatural at all!

I also purchased the duo spooley and angled brush and it is the best tool for this powder. It's the perfect size to put in my makeup bag too.

The staying power is pretty good too. It pretty much last all day.

on 8/26/2009 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I use medium ash and the color is perfect, very natural looking. I was worried because it looks a but grey in the pan, but when you apply it it is a perfect natural match to my medium brown hair. I have been using the Anastasia brow brush to apply, but I find it a but too thin for me.

on 7/31/2009 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this as a free sample, just a small amount on paper that will actually last quite a while since I don't need much... Worked great, and brilliant idea to give people the option of mixing their perfect shade. However, I got same results with Maybelline Brow Powder for $6 rather than $20, so I'll stick to my drug store brand :) I think this is only worth the investment if you have trouble finding your right color.

Brow powder? Who needs brow powder? We probably all do. If you have thick brows but with patchy spots (me), uneven brows, have over-plucked them or have a few white hairs (me), this is much much better than a brow pencil, which always looks noticeable and fake.
I used to use regular eye shadow but wasn't happy with the shade, no matter what shade I tried, or the coverage, so I splurged. I had doubts when I bought this product (plus sticker shock) but was very pleased when I got home and tried it. I have dark brown brows but I use the Medium Ash Brow Powder Duo-II. One side is dark camel and the other is medium brown/charcoal. Both are cool in tone, not warm. I swipe a thin. flat brush first in the charcoal and then in the camel and then apply. For some reason, the mixed shades look very natural, soft and convincing. More so than just one or the other. I'm glad I didn't get the darker version because would have been too dark. Like I said, great coverage for white hair but only if you first apply something on your brows for the powder to adhere to, like Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Fix ($$). And it lasts! This product plus the regular use of an eyebrow stencil kit makes me look much more polished.

I found it at Sephora. If you don't have this store in town, you can order online.

on 6/14/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Awesome! Emollient powder gives me the most natural, looking brows that last. I only wish I'd discovered ths product a lot sooner. I use the Brunette, the lighter taupe shade on the inner brow, and the darker brown shade on the arch. Love it.

I do not know why I waited so long to purchase this product. I have been looking at this for quite some time then I finally gave in and tried it yesterday at sephora. I have tried many other products before but was never really satisfied. I am asian so I tested the medium ash. I was so amazed at how natural my brows look afterwards. The powder adhere flawlessly to my brows not giving me that madeup artificial look. Before I would use brow pencils or eyeshadows to fill in my brows and he would bicker about how harsh my brows looked but this time he didn't even notice. How cool is that! I am all for the natural look! Thank Anastastia.

Popular Brows Products