Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I generally use MAC Omega for my brows but I was lucky enough to receive this Ash Blonde brow powder duo in a swap and I absolutely Love it! The two shades are the perfect combination for creating completely natural looking brows. The soft color is pure and cool, no oranginess at all, my brows tend to look orange very easily with many other brow products I've tried and I'm so not a fan of the orange-brow look. The packaging is also gorgeous! A sweet little silver compact with mirror! I can already see myself repurchasing this treasure for many years to come. This is my HG of Brow products.

on 4/9/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I first got this sample from sephora, and after trying it on for a few day, i went out and buy it. Because the color fits perfectly and looks really natural!! Now I do get to see my eyebrow in the pictures without looking fake. I haved tried other brands such as Shideido and Dior, but they are either too brow or black, but with this, the darkest color also fit with the asian dark hair,

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have very sparse and thin eyebrows. I've always dreaded doing my brows because nothing I used ever really worked or lasted a whole day on me. I have an oily t-zone so I've always had an issue with products coming off on my brows since they too tend to get oily. I've tried pencils, powders, eyeshadows, tinted gels etc - anything that a lot of beauty gurus raved about I bought and tried.

Youtube suddenly started flooding with Anastasia kits given free to popular gurus. At first I didn't believe in the quality of the products since a lot of the gurus got them for free to begin with to review and advertise, but one guru (who didn't even get a free kit or do a video about Anastasia) really got me interested in the duo powder. Her brows always looks so well groomed, filled in and looked natural that I messaged her asking for her brow product secret lol. She uses the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo and suggested I just buy the powder instead of the whole kit since it's not a staple kit.

It took me awhile to get used to the powder since it came with 2 shades, I use brunette (I have very dark brown blackish looking hair). It took awhile getting used to the shades, but either one of the shades or both works great on me! I could never get my brows the shade or shape I want until I tried this powder. I've used MAC Brow Shader (discontinued), Smashbox and all types of other brow mechanism you can think of. THIS powder is by far the most beginner's user friendly! When I applied too heavily, the powder was easy to blend out without making a mess on my face. It looked so natural and stayed on all day even during the summer heat. Other brow powders tend to fade or look uneven, but not this one!

It will come off if you get your face wet and accidentally smudge the product, but it stays put when I use my makeup sealer from La Femme (it's only $3! it's like She'Laq, but a lot cheaper!). This is my MUST HAVE brow product :) I love pairing it with Anastasia's Clear Brow Gel, but it's not a must have. Any clear non-flaking mascara will do the job :)

I've been using the duo in Medium Ash for almost a year now. I'm not sure that it deserves HG status, but I'm definitely happy enough with it to not go looking for another one. I am Asian with black hair, but I have really sparse brows so my first try with TBS brown/black duo really really scared me. The SA at my Sephora suggested this one since my brows are so sparse and because the medium ash has no red undertones in it. I love it. It looks totally natural. I use the darker side for the outer half of my brows and the lighter shade for the inner half of my brows (basically meeting at my arch) and it works really well for me because I felt that using the same color for the entire brow looked too harsh (esp since my brow hairs are pretty sparse at the insides). Lasting power isn't quite as good as I'd like it to be, but given that it looks pretty good throughout the day, I can be happy with it. It definitely does not last past 6 hours ish though. (But given I have to use UDPP and Painterly to keep e/s on my lids, I'm not that surprised or upset). I really like the little compact. It's cute. I'm only starting to see a dip in the dark side, so I'm pretty sure this will last me just about forever, so even though it is kind of expensive, it pans out in the end.

on 12/22/2008 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really needed a great brow product like this and I am thrilled I found it. I received this as a sample and have purchased the full size. I use the darker side of Brunette for my almost black brows. This powder helps me define and fill my brows. I was previously using MAC Espresso for a decent look but this far superior. It lasts all day and it's really easy to use with MAC 266.

I was very dissapointed by the color of this (blonde one). It made my eyebrows look dirty, almost gray. I definitely have blonde eyebrows, so I'm not sure what's up with the color looking so weird. I'll stick to my BE brow powder in pale/ash blonde.

on 9/13/2008 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I tried this in Brunette and I am SO happy I did! This gave me a MUCH more natural look at defining my sparse brows than any Brow Pencil has ever done. I was skeptical about using this at first but even my cheap Avon brow brush did the job and gave me natural looking brows.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I’m a newbie when it comes to filling in my brows. I ordered a sample of this brow powder with my last online order from Sephora. It came in Brunette and Ash Blonde. This will sound crazy, being a natural brunette with dark brows, but I ended up liking, and purchasing, the Ash Blonde. I have bleach blonde hair and am paranoid about making my brows look darker – that’s why I never really used brow powder or pencils before. The Ash Blonde defines my brows without making them appear darker whatsoever. I use the darker side on the “tails” of my brows where they are more sparse and the lighter side on the thicker front half. This might sound insane, but it works surprisingly well, and I have only had good comments on my brows since I started filling them in every day. I was really surprised at how much better filling in my brows makes my face look.. I do not feel “done” without doing my brows now! I can’t believe that I went for twenty years without this knowledge. Grr. Anyways, I’m glad I picked that sample:) The product comes in a small compact with a teeny mirror inside. The one downside is the high price, but to me it is worth it since I like this stuff so much. The amount of actual powder you get does seem small, but it should last for ages. I will definitely repurchase when needed. I’d also recommend it to first time users, just grab a small angle brush and try it!

on 6/11/2008 3:32:00 AM

I have naturally pretty well shaped brows, they are on the thicker side, and basically black. I wax and tweeze now and again but I honestly never used anything for my brows for the first 23 years of my life (no powders, pencils, anything). But now, I am converted to this powder. I love how neutral it is, and the color (brunette) work amazing for me. My eyebrows look like my own, but better. This bp does a fantastic job of filling and defining the shape, I love love love. I use both colors, the darker more towards the outer edge of the brow. It really is true that your eyebrows frame your face, and defining them is a grand idea! I feel a little sheepish writing this review because I know most people reading this have probably already used brow pencils or powders, etc. So for first timers, this is very user friendly. I'm pretty sure I won't try anything else. I'm hooked.

on 3/15/2008 1:48:00 AM

I got Medium ash for my dark brown brows. I have light brown hair, and a lot of colors just add red to my brows, or make them even darker. I need them filled in. This powder does a great job at that. It looks natural and lasts. I would have liked this to come with a bit of wax, but right now I'll settle for using some Ardell Lash/ brow accelerator over it. Even though it works well, I don't think I'd buy this again. It's expensive for a brow product. My real gripe is with the compact. It is a bit annoying to flip open. Several times now I have opened the little clasp only to have my thumbnail slip and land in the powder. Dents and chunks missing from my powder, lots of wasted product, and a big brown smudge underneath my nail to scrub off. Sure, I could be more careful, but I'm half comatose when I'm doing my makeup in the morning. This is annoying enough for me not to repurchase.

Popular Brows Products