Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.5

on 2/16/2010 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So far so good. Since I have this new Strawberry hair color I continue to be dissatisfied with most of my eyebrow products. The huge variety is great for my clients but did not satisfy me for this new hair color.

My eyebrows are fine -- not that sparse but definitely in need of definition.
Pencils are sometimes too dramatic for defining my eyebrows as I don't like a very defined look. Gels are ok.. but just that, ok. Most powders are too dark or too grey for me now and gels are good but sometimes messy with the heat where I live. Grr. I have this powder in various shades for clients and they work wonderfully. I just bought this shade for me to try and I am in love.

I have found a great little product in a lovely case and the contents are amazing for light/strawberry red blonde hair.

I think for now my quest is over.. at least until I re-do my haircolor..lol.

I am not quite sure whether I LOVE this product or am unsatisfied..
I have very light, ash blonde hair, and brow products are always too dark and/or too orange/yellow/warm and look unatural.

I saw this in Ash Blonde, and the light colour looked like just what I needed for everyday. I love the soft, fine-milled consistency, it doesn't apply "powdery", and it really lasts.

My problem is, it applies quite a bit darker than it looks in the compact, and on my finger!
I am thinking it has something to do with my eyebrows being moist from my moisturizer.. Applying shadow with wet brushes is suppose to give richer colour payoff, but it is annyoing the hell out of me, because I want the exact colour - like it shows up on my finger, when I brush it over the powder.

I am thinking I will continue to experiment with ways to make my brows super dry prior to application, because this really is a good brow product with excellent colour choices - if you're willing to spend big bucks on it. I am mostly using it as an eyeshadow now though, and saving the brow application for nights out.

My HG brow product!!!! I have the brunette color, and it looks very natural when filling in my sparse eyebrows! My best friend who is a makeup artist says my eyebrows look really natural, and that it doesn't look like I fill them in at all! I've also received many compliments how beautiful my eyebrows are (when in fact they are actually quite sparse). The staying power is also amazing. I use this with the Anastasia browwiz pencil for defining, and together, they make the perfect duo! It is definitely a staple in my makeup bag and I will not hesitate to purchase again!

***Update: Now that my hair color is back to its natural black color (it was colored brown when I wrote the review), medium ash with the taupe undertone is now a better color match than the brunette color with the red undertone.

on 11/12/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

HOLY GRAIL! I have been on the hunt for the perfect pale ash blonde brow powder and this is it. Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo is perfect!

COLOR: Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in comes in six different choices of shade: Ash Blonde (cool taupe), Golden Blonde (warm gold), Strawburn (reddish blonde), Medium Ash (taupe based brown), Brunette (dark warm brown), and Ebony (deep neutral brown). I love how this line has a whopping THREE different shade choices for blondes - a cool ash, a warm gold, and a strawberry auburn. It's so difficult to find the right shade of blonde brow color, let alone the correct undertone - but Anastasia has them all covered. Even better - they're duos! Each shade choice comes with two colors so you're guaranteed to have one or the other (or a combination of both) be your perfect shade.

Ash Blonde (cool taupe) is the color I've been searching for that has been missing from all the other lines I've bought brow color from. Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde is the perfect pair of cool, ash toned light blonde shades! Both my natural hair color and my bleached/toned hair color have ash undertones (with no gold or red) so I'm ecstatic to finally have a brow color that matches in both shade & undertone. I absolutely LOVE both colors that came in the duo. The lighter shade is light enough for the lightest ash blonde brows while still having enough color to show up and define the brows beautifully. The darker shade is just dark enough to mimic my natural brow color (which is dark ash blonde).

APPLICATION: I use MAC's 266 brush and a spoolie with Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo. I use the darker shade in the duo with the 266 to extend the outer edge of my eyebrow to a nice point & to fill in any sparse areas. I use the lighter shade in the duo with the 266 also and apply it all over & through my brows, I also use a combination of both shades to fill in a little bald patch I have on one of my eyebrows - I carefully add a few brush strokes of the darker shade that mimic the direction of the surrounding brow hairs and then go over the entire area with the lighter shade. After I'm done applying the brow powder with the 266 I use a spoolie to pull the color through my brows and lightly blend. The two colors work wonderfully together to achieve beautifully defined brows that look entirely natural.

FORMULA: Anastasia's Brow Powders are very pigmented and very easy to blend. There is some wax mixed in with the powder so the product actually stays put all day (or all night) long and doesn't fade or travel.

PACKAGING: Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo is a pressed powder product that comes in a pretty flip-top compact. It's very convenient and extremely easy to use. It even has a little mirror. I use this product every single time I do my makeup and 10 months later there is still a fair amount of product in my compact - this stuff really lasts!

INGREDIENTS (all shades): Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

BOTTOM LINE: ♥Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde is my HG!♥ Ahhh, it feels so good to say that considering how many pencils, waxes, & other brow powders I've been disappointed by. I love the color selection in this line and believe there is something for everyone in it. This line is especially nice for blondes like me who feel they have been one-size-fits-all'ed by other brands who have brow color choices like: "Light", "Medium", "Dark". I love how easy this product is to use - it's perfect for first-time beginners and experts in a rush. The difference this product makes in my appearance is really profound, night and day. Defined brows frame my eyes and make my entire look more polished. I'm definitely going to be repurchasing Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo. I'd highly recommend Anastasia's Brow Powder Duos to anyone looking for perfectly defined brows that look entirely natural (I think that's everyone, lol!). If you are unsure which shade to choose go with the lighter one - it will look more natural and be easier to apply.

on 11/8/2009 9:46:00 PM

I almost didnt get this, because i thought it was steep for a brow powder. But I really like this. It lasts all day, and is a decent match for my natural brows.

on 10/10/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this product. I am a redhead and it is very difficult to get a good color match that doesn't make your brows look overdone. Each palette comes with 2 colors that you can blend to custom make the color you want. In the fall and winter I can go slightly darker than in the summer months so this product is perfect. The power looks completely natural and wears really well. I use the Strawburn but it looks like the brand has all of the hair colors covered. If you are looking for a great product for brows, try this! Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought the ash blonde duo and the colors are bang on. I've always used pencils in the past so I've been very pleased with my results using Anastasia powder. Its very easy to apply and gives me a more natural look than pencil. The tiny compact will last forever!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG eyebrow powder. I absolutely LOVE this stuff. The packing is super dooper cute. :) I feel so cool carry it with me, lol.

Anyways, I first got this in Ebony since I'm asian with black hair. I had another brow powder from before by Milani but it was way too brown for my brows and didn't look right with my black hair. xD

Ebony is the perfect match for me. I use the light shade for the inner and middle part of my brows and the darker shade for the out arch. IT IS LOVE. I am always excited to do my brows now.

I later bought one in Medium Ash and I think it has a great shade of colors too. I've only used the darker shade though but it's great. It's a bit more natural than the Ebony duo. But what I like about the Medium Ash one is that you could build up on the powder and it won't look unnatural at all!

I also purchased the duo spooley and angled brush and it is the best tool for this powder. It's the perfect size to put in my makeup bag too.

The staying power is pretty good too. It pretty much last all day.

on 8/23/2009 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My brows are BLOND and the last inch of each brow is transparent. As my waxer Judy said "There is hair there, but.. ah.. well...." She recommended a semi-permanent brow tint but I use a salicylic acid cleanser and a home peel with glycolic acid so a tint probably wouldn't last very long. A powder or pencil would probably be my best bet. Good luck finding a color that doesn't look too dark on light brows and also isn't like a mustard yellow pencil crayon. I consider a brow product, one that works, to be an investment item. As Anastasia of Beverly Hills is a much sought after brow line I thought it was the place to start. The colors are more diverse than typical national brands and I thought a powder duo might be easier to mix and match a reasonable color to match my own brows. I ordered "Golden Blonde" and was happily surprised at how perfect it was. The minimal amount of blending with the Lise Watier Slanted Lash And Eyebrow Brush produced natural, lovely, soft arches that were quite glam. I am planning to purchase the brow pencil in "blond" as well to "reinforce" the color at the ends of my brows because I have oily skin and no powder, no matter how wonderful, could stand up to my kind of oil production. EW! Love this item. Hat's off to my brow gurus: Judy and now, Anastasia of Beverly Hills. ;)

on 7/31/2009 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this as a free sample, just a small amount on paper that will actually last quite a while since I don't need much... Worked great, and brilliant idea to give people the option of mixing their perfect shade. However, I got same results with Maybelline Brow Powder for $6 rather than $20, so I'll stick to my drug store brand :) I think this is only worth the investment if you have trouble finding your right color.

Popular Brows Products