Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.5

on 1/31/2014 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got the shade dark brown.

Packaging:
I got the new line of brow powders with the black packaging. I really like it. I love how there's a little mirror in the compact. You seldom see brow powders with that anymore! It's also really sleek and nice to look at. One thing I would like though is if there was a brush included.

Price:
I got this from Sephora for $23 and I think that it's very much worth the price. I've used this everyday for almost a year now and I still haven't hit pan on it!

Pros:
-A little goes a long way
-Great color payoff
-Great staying power
-Can be used alone or with a pencil/gel
-Matches brows perfectly
-Comes with a little mirror

Cons:
-Doesn't come with a brush
-The darker color isn't used as much as the lighter color but there's an equal amount of each color so you're left with some leftover product

Texture: Just like any other brow powder.

Smell: None

Impressions/comments:
I love this brow powder. I can confidently say that this is my HG brow product. I like my brows natural, so I use this by itself and occasionally some clear brow gel to tame my brows. Of course, you can always build this up if you want a bolder brow or to set your brow pencil. Some people complain about the colors, but this is actually perfect! Most brow powders only come in one shade. What I like about this duo is that it gives you the ability to give your brows definition. I like to use the lighter color on the first half of my brows and the dark color at the end. Trust me guys, you should try this method. When you take photos. Especially with flash, the dark end of the brow will still show up. I've had too many instances where the ends of my brows were washed out and that ceased to happen ever since I started using this product. I use this with the small angled brush from shany cosmetics, but I've been really considering getting the Anastasia brush too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have this in auburn, and the shade is perfect! I'm very fair with dyed red hair and this goes very well. It looks super dark in the pan, but it doesn't go onto the brows that way, it's actually almost sheer. This is a true auburn, a reddish brown. Other auburn or red shades I've tried have been much too light, like strawberry or orangey. This is a deeper shade. I have super sparse and light brows, and when I use this powder I do have to use a pencil to fill in the most sparse areas. I don't mind this though, because I like the final result. My brows end up looking pretty natural considering how much I have to fill them in. ;) If you're looking for very bold brows, this probably won't work for you. If you want a more natural look, this is great. The packaging is cute too. ;)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Really expensive for the tiniest bit of product but it seems to last a while.

HOWEVER--it is VERY sheer--barely shows up. I got "Ebony" which i hoped would be a dark brown/black, but it's actually a super light taupey ash brown --again, it is super light. I was expecting something more pigmented/dark since i hate having light brown brows!!

Does look natural though, but does not give me nice bold brows.

on 8/16/2013 7:13:00 AM

I am brow challenged. I have very sparse, uneven brows and I have to fill them in or else I look like an alien. I've been using Bare Minerals brow powder for almost 10 years and I loved it. To my dismay, they discontinued it. I tried buying up all their stock on their website but alas, my beloved Bare Minerals brow powder is no more. I decided to try the Anastasia line due to the fact, the brand specializes in brows. I ordered the dark brown/brunette and medium brown since I change my hair frequently. Right now my hair is a medium-dark brown. I tried both colors and they both work for me. They tend to run light so if you're unsure which one to get and you want a darker brow, then go with the dark brown/brunette. What I love about this brow powder is that it comes with 2 colors. This is fantastic if you're into the fading look that is popular now with eyebrows where the lighter color is used towards the inner eye and the darker color towards the outer 3/4 of the brow. I love that the powder is pressed which makes it much easier to travel with. The bare minerals powder was loose and it was easy to spill and lose product. I also am impressed with the colors. The two brown sets I bought have no red undertones and they look very natural. I also love the fact that it's brow powder, nothing else. I liked the Smashbox brow powder when I tried it but you have to buy a compact where half the container is brow wax. I don't use brow wax. I don't have enough brows for wax or colored brow gel so this is nice that I am able to just buy the powder and eliminate all the other crap I won't use. The only thing I don't like is the size of the powder. It is tiny and expensive. I don't mind paying as long as it works and looks nice. I've read online that the old brow powder was a lot bigger and they have since made it smaller. I just hope they don't discontinue this brow powder as well.

on 6/28/2013 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I do not regret splurging on this product one bit! I have finally found a perfect match for my blonde eyebrows. I have eyebrows, but they are so light. With this magical powder, I can give them enough color to frame my face without going too dark. I have had this for a couple of months and use it every day and it is barely even dented. I know this will last a long time. Well worth the money.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Somehow I got by all this time doubling dark matte eyeshadow as brow powder, which worked okay for the most part, but it turns out using an actual brow powder makes a world of difference! Though painfully pricey, I now refuse to live life without this product. It is absolutely worth the $22 to spare me the headache of painstaking, time-consuming eyebrow tomfoolery. It now takes me half the time I spent messing around with pencils/shadow to achieve flawless, longer-lasting brows.

The pressed powder is very fine, very pigmented, and velvety rather than silky; the plush particles disperse evenly and sink right in with my sparse brow hairs without streaking. I can effortlessly blend/feather out the pigment and instantly amp my skimpy, uneven brows into the full, bold ones I wish were in my genes without completely overwhelming my natural shape/texture. That's also why I chose the "Ebony" duo. I think a lot of people use brow powder to fill in and even out what they've got, but I love stronger "runway" brows that require darkening and defining with a balanced hand. My natural brows may be wimpy but my hair is nearly black, so I found "Brunette" a touch too warm and, well, too brunette for bolder application -- though a beautiful set for a softer look. I just really am partial to strong, edgy brows. The colors in "Ebony" are especially good for dark-haired women of color; the darker powder is not too black, not too brown, no hints of red, great for definition, and the lighter shade is perfectly neutral, slightly taupey and beautifully build-able.

I'm relatively pale and the darker shades aren't too overwhelming on my face, in the mirror or in photos. Lasts all day and even overnight with or without setting powder (I don't bother with wax and have a super oily T-zone). Also a big fan of the adorable little case. Will keep buying over and over again!

on 12/3/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect. I have medium ash. Buy a color lighter than you think you will need. My eyebrows are black, but I have light skin and brown hair. I'd recommend finding an Anastasia rep to help you out the first time. They're extremely well trained. My powder has lasted me about a year and I use it every day. Stays on my oily face all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I used the colour medium ash, and it lives up to its name, it makes my whole face look "ashy".

on 7/26/2012 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this in Golden Blonde and I'm very pleased with it. Its not Orange...as most golden blonde shades are. It's natural looking and I love that it has two colors in the compact...so you can mix, blend and customize. The powder also has a wax like consistency...so it glides on. It has great staying power. Will definitely repurchase this.

on 4/16/2012 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this, and the packaging and how it has the mirror inside. so handy for on the go. it makes my brows look very natural. the color matches me perfectly and it has exactly the right greyish tint to it. however, i dropped mine and it completely shattered. i was pretty upset about that so just becareful with it i guess. i still use it everyday though.

Popular Brows Products