Make Up For Ever Star Powder

Make Up For Ever Star Powder

4.6

on 9/30/2004 4:00:00 AM

I have this in #926 which is a lovely shimmery beige that i use to highlight & use as a final step to blend my eyeshadows. i sometimes just use this as a wash and put mascara on. its lovely when the lights hit my eyes.

I think MUFE's packaging for loose eyeshadows are the best so far - a screw top jar with a sifter. which they make the sifter holes smaller though. BUt a really good product. I use so little, a jar really lasts me a long time. Will repurchase if i ever run out of it. continued >>

on 8/16/2004 2:52:00 AM

Copper. 909. A bright colour for your lids this product has shimmer for blast. It is a little finicky. A good dash of colour or if your brush isn't loaded up, a skid of colour. I like the effect of it fading during the day, especially paired with a blue like parrot as eyeliner. It has the faintest pink shimmer so a pinkish colour for highlight is pretty.

It's a great colour (the ma told me) to mix with gloss, though I've yet to brave the waters.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I actually received 910 [Celadon] from Sephora and am highly impressed! A little bit of this product goes a long way to add shimmer and shine. The only problem is the mess-factor [think: loose powder] but, this can be avoided by only using one of the holes that way the product doesn't get everywhere. I would definitey repurchase this product in other shades.

I am IN LOVE with these powders! I like them better than MAC pigments, because they're finer and thus easier to apply. The color selection is lovely, and the price isn't too bad, at $19 CDN (plus, with a professional makeup artist's documentation, you're eligible for a 35% discount).

Quite a nice product, spreads really easily with a lot of pigment...I got this in baby blue, nice metallic colour, looks a bit like the effect you get from cream eyeshadow...I put this in my makeup pouch and it gets tossed here and there so lots of powder goes into the compartment thingy which makes it reaaly messy to open so you should only poke one of the holes open and just shake out the appropriate amount on.

on 2/18/2004 6:26:00 AM

I absolutely love these they're so much better than MAC Pigments who tend to be in little balls of colour that you have to sqwish...

They're very easy to apply (dip your brush in tap the excess off and apply) The colours are great.

Now I think they're affordable cos I have 40% off on MUFE So I only pay them 7,50 euros.

The only downpoint is the packaging, when you open the little container there's always a little bit that falls out.

on 2/10/2004 11:19:00 PM

The MUFE Star Powder is really iridiscent, and putting it on really ups the glam factor. I like that their whitish-looking shades actually appear pinkish/purplish when applied, although the powders look innocently white in the pot. This is because the colors are two-toned. I have 2 pots of these, one in 900 and the other in 903. Great for a nice highlight just under the eyebrow!

continued >>

MUFE's Starpowders come in a nice array of colours, from more tame shades to more dramatic shades, all of them are very shimmery. I currently have 8 colours in my collection (blue, light blue, dark green, purple, pink/purple shimmer, pink/gold shimmer aqua and white with a lilac hue) and hope to own more soon. Dry they go on rather transparent but are great to apply over top of other shadows to give them a bit of spunk. Wet it goes on like exotic jewels, very vivid. I add some liquidset to mine and use them for eyeliners or more extravagant designs. (Change that, I now have 24)

on 8/22/2003 12:21:00 PM

Shiney and shimmery. These little pots last a very long time. All you need is a very small amount. I've purchased some off brands of similar stuff and the MUFE ones just last the longest! I love this stuff!

on 8/5/2003 5:38:00 AM

I bought #916, a baby pink infused with gold, just to give it a try. It's a very finelly milled shimmery powder, similar to MAC pigments. This one, when applied dry, gives you an intense gold shimmer with pink flashes. Very, very pretty. When applied wet, the pink comes through more intensely. It can definetely be used as a highlighter both on the brow bone and on the cheeks. The MUFE store here in Lisbon is like a little box of surprises. You have to climb up to the 3rd floor of an old downtown building, into a very 70's looking store. But it's filled to the top with great products at awsome prices. This 2.8gm tub cost me 12, and since a little bit goes such a long way, I predict it'll last me forever. Also, they've got 30 shades to choose from, an awsome selection. Will be buying more, sooner rather than later.