shu uemura H9 Hard Brow Pencil - Seal Brown

4.7

Hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina / microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera / euphorbia cerifera (candelilla wax), carnauba / copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rhus succedanea / rhus succendanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil [+/- May contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide]

I love this eyebrow pencil! I've found other pencils to be too warm in colour, or too soft (and therefore smudgy).

This one is perfect.

I can't imagine ever running out of this pencil because it's so long, so the cost is not an issue for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use No.05, it gives my brows a very very natural and soft looking.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: Lasts a long time and is water-resistant. Perfect for light, natural brow filling -- I usually never fill in my brows but for photos I like to add a teensy bit of this pencil.

Cons: Pulls very red on me. When I was a redhead it was my go-to brow pencil, but now that my hair is dark again you can really tell that the pencil doesn't really match my eyebrows. I am NC10 with very dark hair so you can really tell just how much it doesn't match. I have since switched to a light ash gray pencil with much better results.

I'm shocked at how many other gals with black/dark brown Asian hair found this pencil close to black. On me it's a medium, warm taupe.

Of course, if you're a darker auburn/redhead, then it't s great and you should give it a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Count me as a fan. I was skeptical but after trying I'm sold. I've tried many powders and pencils from DS to HE and this produces the most natural looking brows. No Joan Crawford drawn-on brows here unless you want them.

I have thinning brows that I've been trying to grow. Also had them waxed and zealous waxing chick made them super thin. At my age my hair does not grow that fast anymore so it has been a slow process to regain any thickness but with this pencil and the Shu eyebrow gel I can mimic fullness without any weirdness or crazy looking brows.(Come on you KNOW the look I'm talking about!)

Another huge + is that this pencil does not oxidize darker with oils as the day goes on like other products I've tried nor does it disappear on me. Where I'm thinnest, i.e the ends of my brows, I've read to add a smidge of setting powder to make the pencil set, which is what I do.

Yeah this pencil is a little more expensive than say Lancome or Clinique but the pencil is twice the size of those and hard like the name says so I expect I won't need to reorder for awhile even with daily use.

I love this brow pencil! It looks so natural, I've had a friend look closely at my face and been unable to tell I was wearing brow pencil. I've had mine for probably 5 years, and it's still probably 3/4 of the original length. Best make up purchase ever.

My only gripe: I wish it was longer wearing. It will have worn off the ends of my eyebrows (I like to extend my brows laterally) by the end of the day, without fail. It's also not at all waterproof.

pricey, pricey, pricey but worth every penny!
hard 9/seal brown is a dark brown-black colour which goes on light, but buildable and hard to overdo. no hint of red here. it adds subtle and natural colour to my eye brows. lasting power - all day long. i would definitely repurchase, when i eventually run out! been using this eyebrow pencil every other day for over a year and i still have lots left. HG

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is definitely the BEST eyebrow product for dark brown/black hair asians! If you are into the Korean natural makeup look, this is the colour for you. The colour matches my natural black hair colour PERFECTLY. When it is bought from the shop, the pencil head is sharpened to a tapered shape resembling a blunt blade, It makes it SO easy to draw and define my eyebrows with this. Just shade with small light strokes along with your eyebrows and use a eyebrow brush to even the colour. Shu Uemura shops in Singapore provides free post-purchase service of shaving the pencil head into a blunt blade. My HG eyebrow pencil!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have a pea size bald spot at the beginning of my left brow.
This product mimic the hair and depending on how hard I pressed it on the skin, will either be darker or lighter, followed with stroking by an eyebrow brush to look even more hair-realistic.
I had it sharpened at the Shu counter, they called it the Shinto cut or something like that, which to me, is a gimmick because it waste a lot of product. Now, I just use a pencil sharpener.
The only complaint I have is the cap, you think Shu will have the common sense to use a soft (flexible) plastic as a cap instead of a hard (brittle) one. Mine never fit snuggly to the pencil and eventually cracked and became useless.
With the rate I am using it, will probably last 10 years. By the time, either I will die of old age or something better will come out. So, no re-purchase for me.

Oh H9, where have you been all my life?

This is really the only brow pencil you'll ever need. I cringed a bit about paying this much for a brow pencil, but I've had this for a couple months now and I have YET to sharpen it. It is so natural looking and totally not waxy like other pencils I've tried.

The color matches my medium/dark brown hair perfectly and is pretty universally flattering.

Have to agree with everyone else. This is so natural looking, by far the best eyebrow pencil i've ever used! I bought like 4 of them, so i have one for my purse makeup bag, travel bag, the gym, and for at home. Highly recommend.
only issue is sharpening it. The shu umera store used to sharpen it for free, but they closed their retail stores. anyone have advice on how to best sharpen? The store had a special sharpening method that made it flat rather than the typical pencil point.

Popular Brows Products