By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush

By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

HG for me, despite the high price. Even the fragrance is lovely, a very real rose scent as opposed to the old-lady fake rose smell of Chanel powder blushes. The color of this is a slightly warm medium pink with microshimmer that is not visible once it's applied. Nice color payoff but work fast because it does stain if you leave it for too long, and once it's stained, it's very difficult to remove. This looks very natural and rosy on my currently NC15 dead-of-winter, yellow-undertoned skin. Does not cause breakouts on my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin. Love it and will continue to buy.

on 1/18/2012 8:42:00 AM

I really want to love this product, because it was such a splurge for me ($54 for blush!), but it doesn't really do that much for me. I have a light- medium complexion so maybe I got the wrong color (Rose) and I don't feel the color shows up on me that well, and the staying power is just so-so. My sister suggested that I brush a light stroke of my powder blush on it to make it show and last better, which I will try. But of course I feel that defeats the purpose of buying such an expensive product. The pros of this product is that it does smell wonderful and it feel very luxurious going on. Perhaps I should have bought the coral shade, but I can't really recommend buying this because for the price it really should be one of my favs. Also, it would not be a good item to travel with because of the packaging, so I will take my Nars and Mac blushes when I am on the road.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh...My...Goodness!

I am absolutley in love. I know this product is ridiculously expensive but it really is worth it!

I have this in the pink shade and looks amazing on my pale skin. I apply with fingers or MAC contour brush and it makes me look so healthy and glowy. Lasts all day and every time I look in the mirror I think "wow that looks good". The smell is DIVINE and feels soooo luxurious to use. If I have had a spray tan it also works to make the tan look healthy...I regularly have people tell me how healthy and great I look!

I use about 1/3 of a pump on the back of my hand and slowly blend to a brightness I feel works with the day. The shimmer is very very tiny and means you do not need to use an additional highlighter.

HG!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is unbelievably, undeniably gorgeous. I have tried, bought, and used many blushes the last 20 years that were alright, and some, good. My last HG blush was the Max Factor Rosewater blush, which smelled of roses & came in a pretty, vanity-worthy bottle. I remember that it gave my skin a soft, pretty glow that looked fantastic--whether I was across the room, or up close. And it was about $4! After it was discontinued, I wasn't interested in paying 4x that for Benetint. This gorgeous blush gives my skin that same soft, pretty glow that looks great from any angle. I am Asian with major yellow undertones in my skin, about NC30. Any warm shades put on my face tend to look muddy or go orange. Cooler shades tend to look nicer on me. From online descriptions & the reviews here, I decided to go with shade #1, Fresh Rose. It is a soft, true pink. It goes on color-true even with all my yellow undertones. The pump bottle is very elegant-looking, functional, and hygienic. I pump out about a drop onto the bristles of a LM creme cheek colour brush and blend in and then repeat for the other cheek. And the smell is beautiful---a soft, pretty, true rose. Not a fake or chemically-smelling rose. Luckily, I think this bottle will last me a while. Even though it is expensive I think I will repurchase when I run out. This just might be a HG for me!

on 11/5/2011 8:00:00 AM

I purchased the rose shade and I have to say the color is gorgeous and very, very natural providing that brisk walk on the beach look. However, I found it to be very sparkly and too shimmery--no matter how little I used, it was easy to see the blush on top of my skin. I kept washing it off and trying again. If this product were made without the shimmer I would be all over it.

on 7/8/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really could not recommend this product to anyone because it is overpriced for what it is. It's a nice blush but it's really not nice enough to justify the price of $54. I have NC10 skin and I like the Coral color more than the pink, which is surprising since I usually gravitate toward pink blushes. The Coral is a nice coral pink that is very flattering.

My other main complaint with this blush is since it is liquidy (not creamy) it really settles into fine lines and makes your pores more noticeable. I have really small pores that I almost never notice unless I am wearing this blush. I'd rather use a blush that sits on top of the skin instead of settling into all the cracks and lines. (and I'm also only 30!)

If you have dry skin, it will accentuate any flakiness you may have.

The pump is also hard to control. I almost always pump out too much.

on 6/23/2011 12:24:00 PM

I recently have purchased several products "By Terry". One of them was Rose De Rose Sheer Liquid Blush in color Amber Rose. I absolutely love this product. First at all, I adore the scent of fresh roses.This scent is so addicting. I could smell it all day long and it makes me very happy.The texture of the product is very soft and silky. It goes on very smooth and adds a very natural color. It also has a little shimmer in it but still looks very natural on the skin. I love the packaging as well. So far, I'm very happy with my purchase and definitely recommend you to buy it...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been coming to MUA for almost a year, I have never written a review, but have used the reviews here for many of my purchases as I live in a VERY small town with no access to high end dept stores unless I use the internet. Needless to say I research ALOT because nothing sucks more than paying out the nose for a product and when it gets to ur home, it sucks, lol. So that being said, behold the first product that has driven me to write a review..By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush. Let me just say right off this a HG product for me. This is AMAZING! For comparisons in taste, the blushes I currently have in rotation are a couple of MAC's, some cream blushes from MUFE, NARS multiple, and powder blush in Orgasam and a couple of BECCA Beach Tints. I am extremely pale, and it's ever so hard to find blushes that don't look over done even with a light hand and the proper techniques. I love some shimmer in my products, but I am VERY picky about the kind of shimmer. Rose de Rose has fine, teeny tiny, particles of shimmer that are the best I've ever encountered to date. Everything about this liquid blush screams luxuary. The finish is nothing short of sublime. Not only did it look lovely on my super pale skin but my daughters who are of mixed race, with lovely honey toned skin, looked beautiful. I will say you should know how to properly use a liquid/gel based blusher. A heavy hand with this will impart too much shimmer. Rose de Rose IMHO is ment to create a natural flushed glow. I've been using BECCA Shimering Perfector as a liquid highlighter, and with this blush you don't even need a highlighter at all. I think this blush in all shades would probably look good on each and every shade of skin unless your going for a more dramatic look...but for a natural, perfect finish I can't think of one product that can top this. I tested this blush against Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Pro Lumiere as well as Laura Mercier's Tinted Moistirezer*, it looked perfect on all formulas. Easy to blend, if you know what ur doing, and yes it does smell of roses, but it does disapear litterly in seconds after application if you dont happen to like the scent. Though honestly it could smell of garbage and I would still use it, it's thats good! It is very expensive, but you only use the tiniest amount, so it will last, and it's worth every penny! I highly recomend this product!

This product is in concept wonderful. It also smells lovely like roses however it is a bit too glittery for my taste.

It applies beautifully and does look very natural like a sheer veil of coloured glow and it marries very well with liquid foundation. For a very natural look it is beautiful.

The staying power is also good however I dont know whether it is all the glitter, the strong fragrance or a combo of the both but this irritated my sensitive skin and gave me some spots and rough skin on my cheeks where I normally have none.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I just got this today and I sure hope that by Terry cosmetics is not being discontinued. I have to say that this sheer liquid blush is super expensive. This blush is very sheer and it does come out in liquid form. I purchased #2, Coral Rose and this shade must be the most universal flattering shade. It is very, very sheer and some people may not like that. If you keep layering it on, it can look a bit metallic (all three shades have shimmer in it). When applied with a couple of drops, it looks like the colour comes right through your skin and it looks so healthy with a very nice glow. #1, the Pink version, is very pink/fuchsia shade on my pale, warm undertone skin. I think #1 is perfect cool skin undertone. #3 was not available, so I can't comment on that. Overall, I sure hope that the wear of this blush last throughout the day, so that I don't have to reapply. So far, I don't remember reading any review that talked about the blush lasting a long time. I will come back to update on that part. As for the scent, it smells like roses, but this scent does not make me feel ill. I don't know about you, but I have sniffed some rose scents and it would make my stomach not agree with the scent. This rose scent does fade quickly. If you are more into wearing make-up without showing that you have it on, this blush is perfect for that type of look and enhancing your glow.UPDATE: This is very metallic if you apply too much. I wouldn't say it is all that natural compared to Chantecaille, but this is a nice change from my usual.

Popular Blush Products