Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.8

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 5/30/2008 11:12:00 AM

I love this so much!!

Way better than Laura Mercier; not as thick & covers the same amount. It busted in my makeup trunk though 4 days after buying it, so that's why the low score for packaging quality. It didn't take much pressure at all for the moisturizer tube to bust on the top...

I wear this alone & dust Bare Escentuals Feather Light on top & it's a perfect day coverage. Very, very happy! Will buy again & again :)

on 5/17/2008 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first tinted moisturizer and I wanted something light, but with enough coverage, without being greasy -- to give me kind of a dewy glow and this fits the bill. The SA at Sephora recommended this over the LM as having more coverage. I am a little oily, particularly in the summer, so we'll see how it performs then, but so far, it covers as much as a light - medium coverage foundation, but feels lighter on. It also does give my skin a nice dewy glow. I go over it with a little Mineral Veil. If it's oily in the summer, I think I could just cover with a little Bare Minerals, or you could do that if you want a little more coverage. I am also breakout prone, but after several weeks I have had no problems.

on 5/16/2008 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am an NC30/35 and I bought 'Light,' but when I read the reviews here, I got scared that I should have gotten 'Fair.' Light is perfect for me, and will be perfect throughout the summer, too. This is wonderful, light and creamy, and my skin seems to be responding to it better even than it did to the Laura Mercier (in which I am 'Nude,' for reference). Less oilies, kind to my dry patches, and really blends well. Smells nice, doesn't oxidize and I love that SPF! Great priduct, great price - I will definitely repurchase when I run out. This replaces LM for me, for sure!

on 5/7/2008 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great product. Itís light, not sticky, has fabulous texture. It doesnít give a lot of coverage because it isnít a foundation but tinted moisturizer. I think itís great for summer and for these who donít want to look ďmadeĒ. I use a bit of BE foundation on the top of it on days I want bigger coverage.

on 4/25/2008 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

love this! it doesn't leave me oily throughout the day and it feels like I have nothing on awesome! It does give good coverage not full, so might want to opt for a good primer to cover up discoloration, but it covers up blemishes nicely. It has UVA and UVB protection which most TM don't have. Plus you should always wear a sunscreen under makeup, anything in the makeup is just icing on the cake.

I've finally found my HG tinted moisturizer! I've tried Laura Mercier regular (too greasy) & oil free (turned orange immediately), Benefit You Rebel Lite (the strong sunscreen smell gives me a headache) & Tarte Smooth Operator (greasy by lunchtime). This is definitely my favorite. I picked up a sample from Sephora because the color I wanted was out of stock. I love how this moisturizes but keeps the oilies away! It's been about 4 hours and no oil breakthrough yet. I'm definitely buying this when my sample runs out. If you have combination/oily skin and you don't need much coverage then this is for you! Fair is a perfect match for my NC25 skin.

on 4/11/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this product a few days ago. My favorite, for my oily skin had been Cosmedicine Medi-Matte Oil Control tint in light. But, now that I've read about parabens, I've been trying to steer clear of them.
I wish the spf was at least 20, so I knocked off one lippie. But, it does a good job keeping oil away. I use BE mineral veil over it a couple of times during the day.
My skin is fair-medium. For most products, I go up one color. So, I did with this because the color seemed to blend in at Sephora. Now that I have it home, I wonder if I should've tried the fair. My skin will darken a little now that the weather is warming, so it will probably be perfect in a month. The funny thing is that the cosmedicine looks a little darker in the tube, but they're almost identical.
Note that the luminous isn't really a color. The first color in is fair, then light, medium, and dark.
I still think that the Cosmedicine works a little bit better, but for paraben-free, I'm happy. I've tried so many tinted moisturizers. Most are for moisturizing - not mattifying and often I'm too greasy and/or breakout. Most mattifiers don't have spf or tint. This product is one of the few that I've found that works well. I recently tried Shiseido's tinted moisturizer and it didn't matte me at all. I had Stila's illuminating tinted moisturizer, which broke me out. I wasn't impressed with Laura Mercier's or Benefit's. Neutrogena's made my skin a funny color.
This promises antioxidants and anti-aging peptides. I can use that! Cosmedicine has antioxidants, but nothing for aging (other than sunscreen).
This is also cheaper than Cosmedicine, which is $42 for 1oz. This is $30 for 1.7 oz!
*** Edit **** I got the fair and it's the perfect color for me. If you're fair-med then don't go for the light.
*** Edit 2 *** I have to say that this doesn't cover as well or mattify like Cosmedicine's Medi-Matte Tint. Even though this is cheaper, no parabens, and antioxidants, I think I may have to go back for summer. This one will be my cooler weather option, when I'm less oily.

on 4/9/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got a sample of Fair at Nordsdtrom (full tube is $30 for 1.7 oz). (For reference, I usually wear BB's TM in Light.) This is a good color match for me. Goes on very smoothly, light coverage (more than BB). By later in the day, I do not have any shine ("glow"?) like I do with BB.

This layered easily with a bit of minerals over it too. I will consider buying this as a cheaper alternative to BB.

Sadly, though the sunscreen is stable, it does not offer good UVA protection.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey (Mel), Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).