Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 8/22/2008 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this, and in a way I do. The colours are fantastic, they seem to melt into the skin for a no-make-up look, much more so than AnyWear compact provides (though that one makes you look 'perfected'). Really light texture, blends well... it all looks so good!! Healthy glow. However like a lot of you, I have been breaking out, and I am pretty sure it is as a result of this. I just wanted to say one thing though, I don't think that it is the Bismuth Oxychloride. To be honest, it is way too far down on the ingredients list to be having an effect, (usually a lot higher up in most mineral foundations) and the effect it usually has is as an irritant, leaving a slight burning or itching sensation. It does not usually clog pores. What does however clog pores in the clog-pone is too much titanium dioxide! Whilst it is a great sunscreen, and fine for most (including me) in small to medium quantities, an excess of it can clog your skin leading to breakouts. To be honest, I haven't had an MMU that hasn't broken me out yet! What a shame, for those of you that aren't clog prone, i would try this, it really makes your skin look delicious.

on 8/17/2008 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried every mineral makeup out there it seems, but this one wowed me after the first application. This makeup covers beautifully (and I'm a stickler about coverage, I need it) in one application. It's leaves a natural airbrushed sheen. Not shiny at all. I have no itching with this even though bismuth is the last ingredient. I got the perfect match with Level 1 Warm Medium. I did a test the other night and put this mineral makeup on one side of my face and another brand on the other side. I asked my son which side looked better and he said Mom you only have makeup on one side! That was the side with the other brand. So that tells me if you get the perfect match you get coverage and a no makeup look. Go for it, but get color matched.

on 8/12/2008 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

barbieH, thank you a million for the ingredient list! Bismuth Oxychloride is the one causing breakouts, I believe. It is the no. 1 ingredient in Bare Escentuals that made me itch with every sign of perspiration and caused breakouts. Some people might also be allergic to iron oxides, especially in eyeshadows. Are there any other foundations by Prescriptives that would have no Bismuth Oxychloride? The phrase "may contain" actually means "contains". BE started putting the phrase "may contain" instead of "ingredients" so people wouldn't get frightened by Bismuth Oxychloride listed as the main ingredient. What a shame.

on 8/10/2008 10:20:00 AM

I was excited to try this makeup as I hadn't succumbed to the "mineral makeup craze" yet, because I was a loyal prescriptives user. After choosing my shade I couldn't wait to try it. It feels great on, like no makeup. The $17 brush is soft and terrific as well. I hadn't used powder in 15 years, as am on the dry side so I didn't want to look "cakey" Well, this foundation gives me a soft "airbrushed" glow. It has great coverage and lasts all day, just as my beloved prescriptive's liquid fondations. The first time I used it I used way to much and did see some fine eye lines accentuated, but after lightening up on the application I am very happy with the look and feel of this. I also use BB cream blush ( color pots?) and was worried it would ruin the finish, but when applied with the MAC skunk brush it goes on beautifully and completes the airbrush look. I took one lip off because I have been breakig out quite a bit, and I am not sure if it is this powder or the Fresh Soy cleanser, as i started using both at the same time. I hope it is just hormones, because I really love this product ( and the cleanser!)
edit: I actually returned this product because every time I used it, even with weeks in between I broke out in little whitehead pimples. Obviously I was sensitive to something in the foundation. It was a shame because it gave a great finish. Perscriptives couldn't have been nicer and refunded my $$ even though I didn't have the box anymore and it was 6 months later. What a great brand. I will stick to their liquid foundation.

on 8/2/2008 10:00:00 AM

I work for Prescriptives. I will tell you this is a hit or miss with most customers. In general, it is being well received and looks FABULOUS on a lot of different skin types. It is important to apply it right. For those of you complaining about it accentuating pores or wrinkles; you were probably applying way too much at one time. This will DIFFUSE lines and wrinkles and pores when applied in constant circular motions buffing it into the skin with VERY MINIMAL product shaken out in the lid. VERY LITTLE powder is needed to do a full face, we're talking maybe two dime sized amounts (one at a time).. This looks gorgeous on both young and old skin and really gives a fabulous healthy glow and 90% of the time makes skin look airbrushed.
With that said, I cannot wear it. I broke out like a MUTHER about 3 days into wearing it. Sad, because it looked INCREDIBLE on and feels totally makeupless.

I was looking at the ingredients with a neighboring counter girl and these truly arent straight up minerals, there are a lot of ingredients at the bottom of the list that are bizzarre names and could be the culprit for breakouts. I have yet to figure it out but I know that I am 99% of the time pimple free, but had like TEN pop out after using this product and I'm STILL healing from it.

Note: If this doesnt work for you, try the anywear compact! You can apply dry with a brush, or wet with a sponge, and it will give the same flawless look and I've NEVER broken out with that product. It's great.

on 8/2/2008 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love Prescriptives, but am over liquid makeup so when I found out they'd be coming out with mineral, I had to try it. I got it on the promotional they have now, just $17 to add the buff brush (very much worth it! It is beeaaautiful quality). I got the Level 3 Warm Light, and unlike BE which was either too light or made my skin slightly gray/ashy, this matched my skintone PERFECTLY. Blended it with no indication it was even on. HG already!

Now my skin is by no means perfect. I have acne scars, and a couple of breakouts. But when I buff this on, my skin manages to look flawless! Did the ultimate test - I tried this on the beach, at the gym, and it stays on! I'd even recommend a toner after cleansing your face because this sucker stays ON. Wonderful for the summer when you need something that won't melt at the first sign of humidity, and gives you believable coverage.

on 7/31/2008 6:59:00 PM

I really wanted to love this mineral makeup. It looked pretty good after the SA applied it on me, but when I stepped out in the heat my pores looked huge. When I applied it at home this makeup brought highlighted EVERY imperfection on my face. I don't have horrible skin but it looked like I did. I tried for 3 weeks to make this work, but returned it today. I'm going to try Anywear now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

While it looked beautiful on -- it was wreaking havoc on my skin. I had a nasty breakout after using it for about 3-4 days.

on 7/29/2008 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

At last, I've found my perfect mineral makeup! I tried in vain to like Bare Minerals, but the colors (Tan and Warm Tan) still looked "off". I was so excited when I heard that Prescriptives had a mineral makeup and I was not disappointed. With 18 shades, there's practically a color for everyone. I chose Level 4 Medium and my skin looks great. I've noticed that I use less powder compared to Bare Minerals and my skin doesn't have that metallic look. I've actually received compliments on my skin. Thank you, Prescriptives!

on 7/27/2008 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product has moved me to write my first review on makeupalley after 2 years of browsing daily! I've tried bare minerals, urban decay surreal skin, everydayminerals, pure luxe cosmetics, meow cosmetics, mac minerals, and now finally this. Finally, I've found my foundation HG! I encourage everyone to go to their nearest Prescriptives counter, get matched up, and have the analyst apply it to you. Go home, and live out your day with it on. It makes me skin look naturally flawless and controls oil without drying me out. Coolest part to me? I go tanning in it, and not only does the titanium dioxide completely keep my face from tanning, but my skin looks amazing afterwards. I can't believe my makeup holds up tin Hollywood tans super hot beds. When I think of all the expensive foundations sitting in my bathroom, I'm relieved to have finally found the right one for me. I do understand this might not work on everyone, so as I said, if your interested, have it applied to you. Not all skin is appropriate for mineral makeup! Enjoy!