Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 6/20/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation provides a great amount of coverage for my skin and never looks caked on like some other mineral make ups. It is keeping my skin looking flawless all work day long too. I love it.

This is my first time trying mineral make-up. I used Px virtual skin in Real Camellia for a few years then switched to flawless skin last year because I wanted more coverage. There wasn't anything "wrong" with it as such but when I was running out I decided to try the mineral one for a change.

The SA matched me to level 2 cool. I think the colour is a good match and I'd probably be level 1 in winter. I found it easy to apply with the PX round buff brush I bought too (although I find the brush loses a few hairs each time which is annoying). She showed me how to work it into my face with big round movements starting at the edges of my face and working in.

I have normal to combination skin and i'm prone to flaking if I don't exfoliate regularlly. This product didn't make me look flaky but I think if my skin was flaky before applying it would emphasise the flakes.

The coverage seems good. I go lightly on my cheeks to let my frekles show trhough a bit. I put more on my chin but I still need concealer on my blemishes. It's quite a matte finish but I apply a light dusting of powder to set it then I use Benefit high beam on my cheeks to add a bit of a shimmer.

I'm not fond of the packaging. It looks ok but gets finger print smudges all over the silver lid. I wish there was an internal stopper to stop it coming out as soon as you open the lid.

The staying power is good. It's still there at the end of the work day, although I reapply if going out in the evening. When I wash my face in the evening there seems to be more make-up coming off than my previous foundation, flawless skin. I will repurchase this.

on 5/27/2009 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

One thing I like about this product is :
1. it does provide coverage. medium to full. even sheer. (you can build it)
2. no itch for me.
3. prescriptives is great for matching skin tones, so i got the right shade. (That's always a hard part)
Cons include:
1. Its pretty drying for me. And when it's dry that's when it could itch.
But it's not that im allergic to anything in it, it's just drying.
It may be better for you if you use a good primer or liquid foundation or moisturizer under. Even then it was still drying for me though.
2. The smell was a little bit offputting.
3. It's completely matte no tiny shimmer or sheen like BE.
I didn't like that it was completely matte, I wanted a little bit of a more dewy look, but NOT like BE'S sheen. uh* gross.

I wouldn't repurchase. I found smashbox halo powder that I love. I mix it with this stuff sometimes in order to not let this product go to waste.
It costs 32USD.
quite expensive..

update: So, I wanted to get this mmu again, but then realized all the cons to it. It really is pretty drying. It feels too powdery, yes, i know it's a powder but some mmu powders feel nice and creamy. Apart from that, I did like the complete matte, but then I realized it made my face look too dull.
Bummer again.

on 5/27/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I've been a BM MMU user for years and although I don't "love" BM its the only foundation that's easy to use, super lightweight and does not break me out. Anyway, I've been looking for a MMU with less "sheen" than BM and since I love PX Traceless tint I decided to give this a try. Well, the jury is still out . . . . my shade Level 5 Warm which is an exact match to my BM shade Warm Tan without the "sheen" and as with the BE, the spf makes the color a little off on darker skin at least until it oxidizes. Anyway, I noticed that my face starting itching with this product. No reddness or rash just itch. This uses different ingredients for the SPF formulation than the BE and I did use the PX buff brush, not sure if its the product or the brush. It's been several months later and i tried it again . . . no itch. Hmmmm . . . . I'm not sure what changed and I'm still using the product but im not sure if i'll purchase it again. We'll see.

UPDATE: Not sure why this itched me when I first used it but been using it almost daily and now I really like it. Its just as light on the skin as BE and I think this will officially replace my loyalty to BE. It does not break me out and does not have that BE "luminosity" that looks a bit flat and metallic on darker compextions.

It has taken me a while to find a shade match with a mineral foundation! Using this along with their primer, it lasts all day, and hasn't broken me out yet, even after 5 weeks of using it! I do wish that the container had an adjustable lid to let out just the amount of product you want and to keep it from coming out when the container is upside down, though.

on 5/6/2009 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Prescriptives products before and I absolutely love their stuff. When they came out with their Mineral I was ecstatic to try it out. I have previously used BE and loved it, but I am always on the lookout for more/better stuff. When I finally finished my BE I hopped over to Prescriptives, got colormatched to a Level 3 Warm Light. I have to say their range is amazing. It matches absolutely perfectly with my skintone. Their packaging is nice, though fingerprints are all over the lid because of the shiny surface as I usually handle it after I put on moisturizer :( . I find, however, that despite the perfect color match, I don't like it as much as BE. The coverage for both is about the same: both are light and buildable. But with Minerals my face gets shiny after a couple of hours. I have normal to combination skin. Normally my T-zone area gets shiny and I would use oil-blotting sheets once mid-day. With Minerals I find that I have to use the sheets more often, maybe twice a day. I also continue to use BE's Mineral Veil with this. Overall, I'm quite happy with the product. Great range of colors, not sure it's so great for oily skin though. I would buy this product again, but maybe during the winter time?

on 4/26/2009 4:31:00 PM

So after a horrific experience with BE (no staying power, weird shimmery finish - just accentuated my oiliness) I had pretty much decided to never use mineral make-up again. Jump forward a few years and after seeing here that many people had the same problems with BE that I had, I decided to give MMU another go. It seems that the Laura Mercier mineral powder had pretty good reviews so off I went to Holt Renfrew to get it. After looking at the LM stuff I was not very impressed by their color selection (only a few colors and definitely not geared towards PPP). The SA said that she used to wear the LM and then switched to Prescriptives and likes it way better. I have a few Prescriptives products - a palette, some lip stuff and the Virtual Skin foundation (which I love too, for those nights when you want your MU to last forever!). I was matched with the Champagne shade previously - which seemed to be a pretty good match, slightly yellow though. The SA didn't think that that shade would work in the MMU but we tried it plus a few other ones. I ended up liking the Level 1 Cool the best, which is funny because I'm positive that I have warm undertones. Anyways, I'm glad I decided to give MMU another try cause this stuff is really good in comparison with BE. It has a lovely finish - I would say a satin, not matte but not dewey looking. It doesn't have much coverage, but that is what concealer is for not foundation, in my opinion. It does even out the skin though and it gives a very natural "no make-up look". It is fairly expensive, like other HE stuff, but I would much rather pay a little more to get something that works really well. Overall I really like this stuff, but can only wear it when my skin is behaving.

I'm on my third pot of this powder now and will almost definately be purchasing a fourth. I've tried almost every mineral make up brand out there and none come close to the finish i get with this. I use the warm light shade and it gives me a healthy glow (despite my acne) and without using any 'sparkle' that other mineral powders contain. A few tips for getting the best out of this makeup:
- get the SA to pick out your shade
- use a primer (mineral or other) to get the best results, although if you're in a rush this step isn't necessary
- make sure you buff, buff, buff and buff the powder in to get the most flawless coverage. I use the recommended round buff brush, you defiantely need one with fairly tight bristles.
- to freshen up for evening, spritz face with toner or similar and apply a bit more product, no need to redo from scratch
- you WILL need concealer if you have more than mild acne/scarring, although the powder helps tone down imperfections, just not completely cover.
- drier areas will need moisture before applying to avoid slight flaking

Overall, impressive product, I imagine there's a shade out there for everyone, and great for oily and normal skin. I can't advise on how this product would work with mature and much drier skin, it would possible depend on how much you use. One of the most expensive mineral foundations, but worth trying. I feel so much better once this is on, I look healthy and awake when I'm not exactly feeling that way! Final point is packaging, my average score is due to no combined applicator and a little messy but I expect this from all mineral powder and keep wipes handy.

For now it's my number one......

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the second mineral make up I have tried (after BE).
Pros:
It did not break me out in cystic acne unlike BE (I never had bad skin before using BE / Clinique) which is a plus point.They have a much better range of shades than BE aswell - I got level 1 warm light which suited my colouring really well.
Did a good job of evening out my skin tone (I have lots of half-faded freckles)
Has SPF
Cons:
Made me really flaky and looked really obvious. No matter what I tried (serum or moisturiser beforehand, only using a little, building up coverage by buffing etc) this would draw attention to all the flaky bits of my skin and settled around my nose. It also settled under my eyes in a way that made it look like I had lines (I'm only 22) so all in all made me look much older. My boyfriend always commented on how flaky I looked when I wore it.
It is quite expensive.

on 3/29/2009 8:37:00 PM

Nice coverage, very non-irritating. The Salespeople can work with you for a perfect color. My favorite elements are: SPF, good for sensitive skin, a little goes a LONG way and extremely build-able. The coverage lasts well, but when you want that "fresh make up" look at the end of the day before going out - you can definitely get that with this makeup. Try it by going to the counter in the morning on your day off, have them do your face for you, wear it all day doing your normal thing and examine how it wears for you late in the evening.
Didn't last as long as it should have for the price. I'm going to dry cheaper mineral foundations.