4.3

on 7/26/2012 12:28:00 AM

I have been using Derma needling for about 2 months at least once to twice a week.
I like it, but I cannot see noticeable results yet. The needle hurt a lot. I don't use any umping cream, and I have two needle size 1.5mm and 0.5mm which I use around my eyes. I am 47 years old and i really take care of my skin and I am very consistent with skin care treatment.
I know that if the procedure is done at the esthetician is a bit harsher and very costly. My face never looks like the ones done afterwords in the videos on Youtube, but it does look bad (all red and with some minor bleeding is few areas ).
I really have not seen any improvement in major lines though as claimed by many other users. For example the 11 lines or the marionette ones.
My understanding is that it takes about 18 months of consistent treatment to see results....this was revealed by a doctor.

UPDATE of Derma Wand

Yet to see noticeable results. I roll once a week, consistently.
My 11 lines in between my eyes did not change at all. Marionette lines have not changed either. I believe the only thing that would work for me is is possibly a quick lift.
My lines are more noticeable in the AM and tend to soften in the PM.

on 7/23/2012 6:39:00 PM

it seems scary to use needle on your face, but it works. I first used 0.05mm length every other day. It worked great! my pores became smaller, and skin tone seemed better, but it doesn't help much with my acne scare. Now, I am using 0.1mm needles to help with scar, it hurts when using it. but it seems working. need longer time to see the full result.

on 4/6/2012 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

My skin: smooth and clear; past acne all cleared from prescription retinol (tazorac), but still have light hyperpigmentation and indented scars on both cheeks. They used to be boxcar/rolling scars but with daily use of tazorac have shallowed up to icepick scars

Derma roller claims: I've read that many celebrities like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie used this. It's suppose to :

- stimulate collagen
- fade hyperpigmentation
- reduce the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles
- Help skincare creams absorb better

Reason for using dermaroller: I don't have any wrinkles yet, so the main reason I picked this up was to help plump up the icepick scars and make my face more even toned as well as making my products absorb better

I purchased a 1.0 mm roller with brand MT via Amazon for around $20.

My nightly procedure:

- remove makeup with oil based makeup remover (Kose), follow up with a gentle gel cleanser (Paula's Choice)
(switch between various scrubs and peels ~3x a weeks)

- roll 20x on each cheek vertically and diagonally in the areas with scars. Yes it hurts a lot the first time (like a bunch of cactus needles) but with repeated use my skin got used to it. Never roll until you draw blood! just press it mildly until it just slightly hurt

- clean roller with face wash and rinse under very hot water.

- Pat on hydrating serum (Estee Lauder) to prep for retinol

- Layer Tazorac 0.05% gel and Clindamycin 1% gel (to prevent acne)

-------------
-Sometimes I put on a layer of Estee Lauder Even skin tone illuminator

- Sometimes I skip clindamycin and mix Taz with Obagi Blender with Hydroquinone 4% for to lighten up my hyperpigmentation
------------

- Light layer of Strivectin SD intensive cream for wrinkles and stretch mark on the scar area

- Raw shea butter as moisturizer

RESULTS: It's only been a week but I noticed that my skin is getting quite plump and the icepick scars are getting shallower. There's a nice overall glow to my skin and some of the hyperpigmentation is lightening up. I know this is primarily from the effect of the dermaroller because I've kept the same procedure for quite a while and had not seen any improvement until I incorporated the roller into my regimen.
I will update with further progress in another 3-4 weeks or so.

UPDATE****** 4/24/12

I am seeing further 20% improvement in the smoothness of my skin. The boxcar and icepick scars are flattening subtly but nicely. My hyperpigmentation has also lighten up drastically--there's pretty much none on my right cheek and very faint marks on my left cheek. This has never happened to me before with just using retinol or other skin resurfacing products. :D I love my derma roller! Will update in another month regarding further progress!

Final Update: 7/23/12

I see continue (minor) improvement in the smoothness of my skin. I've also been using this in non-scarred areas but with big pores and the pores have decreased in size. Also helped permanently get rid of stubborn blackheads on the side of my nose and helps keep the pores clear.

On the fence with this. Essentially, all it does is damage your skin tissue, leaving you slightly swollen (or "healed") for a day or so. You must continually use for results. It isn't too painful, but it just feels weird rolling needles on your face. The temporary nature of this discourages me from reaching for it in my bathroom. I'd rather use a product with "actual" results.

on 2/14/2012 5:21:00 PM

I just received my MADE IN FRANCE, sealed package .15mm, .75mm, 1.5mm and 2mm dermarollers. I just used it on my skin. Even though I use the Retin-A micro, almost every night, I had no problem rolling the .15mm needle size dermaroller on my face. I loved and I know it will take some time for my skin to get used to it and move up to the 1.5mm since I will not use the 2mm on my face.

I made my homework and I didn't buy MADE IN CHINA dermarollers because they use CHEAPEST STAINLESS STEEL on the rollers. I order made in FRANCE/ PATENT PENDING - SURGICAL STAINLESS STEEL rollers that arrived completely sealed and with a small spray to disinfect the needles.. I advice you guys to be careful with cheap stainless steels , DON'T TRUST WHEN chinese or korean company tell they rollers are made of surgical stainless steal and are sterilize and also be careful with needles longer than 2mm ON THE FACE......

on 11/30/2011 3:17:00 PM

I had dermaroller treatment 3 times. It was a doctor who rolled my face with 1.5 mm roller.

I really did not have any problems with my skin before, but I wanted to have this dermaroller treatment for antiaging.
I had read several previews about dermarolling from internet. They all seemed very good so I decided to try.

Now that it has been half a year since my last dermaroller appointment with the doctor, I can tell that it was a big mistake to let him roll my face.

I used to have nice glowing healthy skin. Now it is dry and flaky if I dont use a lot of cream. My skin is not anymore smooth and silky as it used to be. It is dull and bumpy.

I do not recommend anyone to use dermaroller.

on 11/25/2011 8:10:00 AM

I have been using the Derma Stamp after it was recommended by my beauty therapist. I am 48yrs old and have reasonably good skin. I have found that even with some Botox, fine lines have been appearing. I laugh and smile alot!

I must say that after daily use of the smallest needle size, for two weeks my skin looks incredible. The lines have definately become much shallower around my eyes, and the marionette lines have evened out and are not too prominent at all.

I have already recommended it to my friends. I have also recently purchased a cheaper make on the internet of 1.5mm for stretchmarks. These are slower to respond, but after 7 daily treatments they already seem shallower, and less noticeable.

I have been advised by my beauty therapist to only use the derma stamp daily for three weeks. I must ask her about the body roller. Will report back after Christmas. But jeeze give it a go ladies! Its working for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really did not want to share my thoughts about dermarolling until I was sure the results my doctor and achieved were permanent. It's been a while since a had the treatment and now I can say that the improvement is permanent! I am aware of the fact it does not work for everybody, but for me - it made a huge difference. The needles my doctor used were 1.5mm long.

update #1:

Shallow acne scars are gone. I can't find them even with a magnifying glass. A chickenpox scar on my forehead improved by 70%. Some doctors say dermarolling creates scars and that it's really bad for your skin, but it worked for me and my skin is amazing.I had 5 sessions all together and do not need more treatments. I am glad I chose this over Fraxel.

on 9/27/2011 3:44:00 PM

I use the derma roller with different needle length for nearly 6 months now. I managed to remove an ugly scar using the derma roller. My pores have shrunk and my overall skin quality has improved.

I use the derma roller with a mix of vitamin a palmitate, vitamin E, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid.

I get the rollers from EBay and Aliexpress. I do not recommend the 540 needle rollers. I think they are bad.

on 9/18/2011 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have only been using the 0.5 mm for about 2 weeks (every other day.) I I use retin-a micro afterward followed by a gentle moisturizer.

I had some stubborn cysts on my chin (over a month) and whiteheads on my forehead from a sunless tanner debacle. Nothing I tried helped.

Within 2 treatments, the cysts shrunk. Now they are gone and the whiteheads are nearly gone. Very impressed! My overall skin texture looks nice too.

Will update in 3 months to report on acne scars, wrinkles and overall appearance.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools