4.3

on 7/25/2013 12:39:00 PM

I love this product! I used it for acne scarring and it has helped fade those teenage scars dramatically in weeks. I was a little sceptical of using it as first but it isn't scary or difficult to use at all. It didn't pain me and the feeling was just a slightly uncomfortable, prickling sensation that you soon get used to. I highly recommend to get yourself a numbing cream if you're intolerant to pain as that will make the treatment much more pleasant :)

It's also made my pores look smaller, skin tighter and just more vibrant and HD. Even passed it on to my mum for pigmentation and although her brown spots are so old it still worked at fading them slightly so she doesn't have to cover them up with tonnes of concealer now.

Next up, I'm going to try it on my stretch marks for the summer. Fingers crossed it will work just as well as it did on the face. I seriously cannot live without it. I feel every women should have one in their skincare kit for a point in time when they are unhappy with their skin.

Got mine for around £30 from here by the way http://www.shumailas.com/derma-rollers

I purchased the 0.5mm and 1.5mm Dermaroller online from the Derma Roller Shop. I've used it a few times, and my impression so far isn't good.

For me, the Dermaroller is painful to use, and potentially unsanitary which may cause infection. So far, I haven't found any reviews that discuss how users clean/sanitize the Dermaroller, and the best way to store them. I know the Dermaroller has cleaning instructions, but would like to hear about the routines of actual users. Not very enthused about this product.

For those of you like me who have acne scarring and have felt that you have tried everything and that nothing works, this may help. I have seen amazing results from using the 0.2mm at home Derma-roller and my skin has improved so much that I don't feel self conscious about it anymore. One side of my cheek had red surface scars and brown spots that were very difficult to cover up with makeup. I had been to see Beauticians and had tried a number of treatments like Microdermabrasion and also expensive serums nothing worked! I never saw an improvement of my skin. So then I came across the Derma-roller. Like i'm sure you have I went online and did alot of research, but at first I was a little hesitant as the it looks very invasive. But it's not! It doe's hurt slightly because after all you are putting needles into your skin but it's minor. I do mine at night before I go to bed and I wake up and it's like nothing happened. I saw results after a week. Most of the scars had faded to the point where I really had to look for them and the others had visibly reduced in size and colour. All that's left to say is if you have tried everything else. Try this i'm sure you'll love it!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

the best treatment for scars, cheaper version of fractional lasr co2
yes yes yes

Man, i seriously love love LOVE makeupalley <3 If it wasnt for this site, I would have never heard of MANY different of the different products and things- that I have tried, and grown to be favorites of mine! The derma roller is no different... I was putting in a review for my clarisonic spinbrush, and somehow managed to run into this product. I bought it about 6 months ago- and have been using it religiously since.
The derma (skin) roller for those who have never heard of it is a skin needling treatment otherwise known as Collagen Induction therapy (CIT) which is used to remove and reduce scarring such as acne scars, burn scars, chicken pox scars, accident scars, keloid scars, ice-pick scars, surgery scars, cellulite, stretch marks, etc. (the list could go on and on, really used for serious skin imperfections). The dermaroller is place of laser other scar removal treatments- which can be very expensive, time consuming and also very painful. Also with laser removal, not everyone can have it done- there are certain restrictions AND it can also be very risky as there is sometimes permanent damage from the laser.
The dermaroller which is FDA approved AND you can use in the privacy of your own home, is safe to use and is also reccomended by dermatologist. Its painless, safe on ALL skin tones, involves no chemicals (like some in office derma peels), and has no negative side effects durring OR after your finished.
I know you are wondering how it works... The dermaroller has 192 needles (more or less, depending) and it is rolled without pressure over- back and forth the skin 2 times in 4 directions. These needles create over a 1000 minuscule entries deep into the skin. The skinís natural automatic cell reparation is then stimulated by these tiny entries, as a result the automatic skin repair system is stimulated and the cells begin to produce collagen and elastin fibers. So in simple terms,the Rollermicro-needling treatment is actually fooling the skin to repair itself, which it does by thickening the cell walls with collagin and elastin making them more firm and more pliable as they once were pushing out scars, wrinkles and stretch marks.

How The 3-step Process Removes Scars, Wrinkles And Cellulite

1. The epidermis and dermis skin layers are penetrated by the micro-needles on the Derma-Roller, which causes a prickling sensation to be felt . However, if you are sensitive to this prickling feeling then you can numb your skin first by using a numbing cream that is readily available at your local pharmacy.
2. The needles make micro tunnels through which allows vitamin C and rich moisturizing cream that you need to apply afterwards to penetrate to the deepest layer of the skin, which makes the cream up to 40 times more effective. And after about an hour these channels in the skin close up.
3. Over the next weeks of constant use, skin responds by regenerating the cells and producing up to 1000% more collagen and elastin in them. As a result this pushes out those scars, wrinkles and cellulite leaving you with a firmer and smoother looking skin;

Last, I think this product is so unbelievable. I am not really into the whole cosmetic surgery and treatments... But I love the idea of getting the same results using a tool that has no risks at all (unlike what they use durring cosmetic treatments). You WILL see results when you use this tool- it doesnt happen overnight like it would in the doctors, you must be patient... but you will see a difference. As a matter of fact, I used the roller on my face, for uneven skin tone, a few blemishes and just the overall health- allowing my vitamin C treatments to reall soak into the skin. I used this product on the sides of my tummy where I see stretch marks, and while my imperfections are not totally gone, i would say that things got better by about 60%... Mind you, i have been using this for months. And it may take that long, so dont give up. I got me derma roller online for about $20. I am not sure if they carry them in stores or where they would even be if they were. Online is a good place to go because they have them in all different price ranges. I am surprised that more women havent reviewed this, as its such a good product and its has been on the market for a while. Anyway, I cant wait to read other peoples experience on this product, so I will check back later, and give an update on how (if at all) things have gotten even better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing! Im so happy I found out about this Thank you makeupalley!! After the first time I used it, I noticed a glow, the second time, my pore have shrunk, my skin is seriously glowing, clear and just looking amazing ! I bought a 1mm off ebay for about $10 and used my retin a mixed with obaji blender after. Then I use Clinique ultra firming cream, which I also love.
I dont think it hurts, more like feels like an itching or uncomfortable tickle. But by the second time, it was less, so i believe it will get less in time. regardless, it is nothing that would stop me from using it.
I had previosuly had laser treatments, microderabrasion..never had anyone near rhe results of the dermaroller! Thank God bc now I can save my money!
Highly Recommend!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Yes I would buy again if it wore out or got lost, but I don't think that will happen, this combined with using natural indrigents on my face and dry brushing using a japeanse facial brush has help a lot with my scarring on my nose (had a large infected pore and had it cut out) :( and my constant congestion around my chin, corners of my mouth and nose have improved, my skin looks better, I agree with the reviewer who say natural products is the way to go with this I used a glyoyic acid and burned and imbalanced my skin, so I waited till it healed went back to my natural oils and tried again, works great, a great oil to use after you have done derma rolling is neem oil, a lot of people don't like the smell I understand, I mix neem oil with lavender oil, some arncia oil which is good for inflammation and dryness, and a little bit of sweet almond oil and a few drops of water, shake it and put it on, the neem oil although smelly is nurturing and soothing while the lavender oil acts as a anti bacterial, plus smells nice. afterwards I wait for it to absorb and put on my dr.haushka serum. hope this review helps for anyone wanting to try it, p.s brought mine off ebay as well very nice and legit. it's a 1.5mm

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This, along with Spironolactone and Retin A, have completely changed my skin. I have been using this little miracle device for about a year and a half. I had relatively clear skin growing up, but started to break out really really severely around age 25. It took me 3 years to get it under control. I am also a picker, which left me with some pretty ugly boxcar scarring along both sides of my cheekbones.

I purchased a 1.0 and started rolling once a week. Cleanse face > roll > retin A. The "immediate" plumping results you see within the first few days is really just swelling... the REAL magic starts happening about a month later. I rolled for once a week for about 6 months straight and boy did I see results. The scarring on the right side of my face completely filled in. The left side (which was deeper and more severe) is about 90% better. I also rolled my forehead and smile lines and saw extreme improvement there... especially the smile lines. It seems to kind of "break up" pigmentation issues also. I now do it randomly, maybe once a month or every couple months, and the results have not gone away. I've also gotten really brave and applied a 15% TCA peel right after rolling.

I bought mine from Amazon. It's a good idea to replace them frequently because the needles can become distorted over time (even if you can't see with a naked eye.)

Wow the dermaroller is an absolute miracle it actually is inducing collagen and smoothing out the hundreds of rolling scars I got from teenage acne. I can barely see them now *fingers crossed* it'll make them disappear. It's a bit painful but definitely worth it if you're also trying to get rid of deep scars. I brought a 1.5mm and 0.5mm dermaroller very cheap on ebay. Yes it was made in china but so is the iphone and every apple product out there. In my case both my dermarollers were shrink wrapped, extremely sharp micro needles, and sealed in their plastic cases. I applied the homemade vitamin c serum (also on makeupalley) afterwards and voila I'm seeing great results.

on 8/25/2012 7:53:00 PM

I just got the .5 dermaroller sold at own.doc. ( i implore you ladies to check out the site) good solid info, and good rollers at a fair price. After reading hundreds of articles, it really is confirmed that rolling with a 1.0 should be done monthly, tops! a 1.5 every 6 weeks, tops! a .5 2x a week, tops! by rolling more frequently you are permanently inflaming your skin which is terrible. CIT collagen induction therapy is a VERY slow process that starts at the dermal level. you WILL NOT get better results rolling more often, in fact you are hindering the natural process of your skin repair. Also DO NOT put stuff on you face (if rolling deeper than a .5) that you cannot spell or pronounce. while you are reaping the reward of the ingredient you want, there are 50 others that SHOULD NOT be underneath the skins surface. Chemical sunscreen being a complete no no.. and no makeup either for at least 12 hours. go read all the stuff at own. doc and essential day spa on dermarolling before you even consider this. you owe it to your skin. Also, the star pattern roll is officially out. think about it, that small space that you keep rerolling over and over in the middle of the star is turning to mush. own doc shows a video of an updated way to roll. its more logical and effective. good luck! skin bio has a whole rolling forum as well, and people use these products as pre and after care when dermarolling.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools