4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use the Leaf & Rusher Dermaroller everyday and it has done wonders for my skin. It glows and is much more resilient. I am young so I don't have to worry about anti-ageing but my skin is very firm and plump. It hurts a little at first but just be very gentle and build up gradually. I always switch serums but I have used Perricone Face Firming Activator, Perricone Concentrated Restorative Treatment (this works amazingly), Leaf & Rusher Active Serum, Zelens Radical Defence Serum, Nude Advanced Smoothing Complex, Prescriptives Super Line Preventer, Trilogy Rosehip Oil etc etc and they all work beautifully.
Just FYI - Leaf & Rusher recommend using the Dermaroller over the serum to increase penetration (as opposed to applying the serum after rolling) :)

on 9/21/2008 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use this with my Retin-a micro and I am amazed! It has worked best on my forehead for some reason and I don't use it around mouth so I can't say if it does anything for that area. I don't think it would do anything without retin-a (or some sort of cream). But my skin looks plumped and thicker. Amazed!

on 7/12/2008 7:10:00 PM

Tons of information online on dermarolling, needling, "collagen induction therapy". The "at-home" rollers with short needles (.15mm, .25mm, sometimes .50mm) are recommended to enhance productivity of your serums - drives them in deeper. These can be used several times per week. Usage of the more professional sizes (to treat wrinkles & scarring), with needles measuring 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, is recommended to be spaced two to three weeks apart. The roller is comprised of a series of fine needles which are used to puncture the skin and cause wounds and inflammation, which stimulates the body’s own production of collagen. According to the makers of these instruments, results can take three to nine months to fully appear as the body takes time to generate new collagen. I use a .25mm to drive in products, and a couple of times have tried the 2.0mm for more intense treatment. I've had no adverse reaction, and have actually noticed that my facial skin is thicker and firmer. Some gals like to use a topical anesthetic for the 2.0mm treatments, but I have not found it necessary. If interested in trying, please ladies, do your research!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools