Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

4.3

on 9/29/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this colour. I was looking for a dark opaque liner but one that had shimmer but not grey (im hard to please).

i already had black, blue sapphire and graphite shimmer.

Like another reviewer I found this thinner in consistency and not as opaque. Compared to graphite which has shimmer this gives a more softer look.

I will still use it but do not expect to get a defined look that Imnormally after. Im not sure that this is because I am a medium to dark skintone and have dark brown eyes. I can see this working better on fairer skins with blue or green eyes that contrast with the mauve as on my skin this just looked very muddy.

Im going to try layering it on top of the black to see if that makes any difference.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this product! The color black mauve is amazing! and my gosh this last forever.. I put it on in the morning with BB eye liner brush and its still perfect on me late in the evening and probably through the night too (I cleaned it off in the evening so I dont know if it lasts more that what 12-14 hours, it lasted so long on me.. ).
When I use it I get complinets how nice my make up is.
I just loooove this. Im a big BB fan!

on 5/10/2010 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I agree with the other reviewers that the color and texture and durability are fantastic, when the product is new. It takes me a while to use up a product like this since I like to wear different eyeliners depending upon my mood that day. I purchased two shades, Black Mauve and Chocolate, and I loved the way they make my blue eyes pop. I also bought the brush suggested by the SA but quickly found it too difficut to use (I prefer the MAC brush with the angled bristles, forget the number).

My only complaint is that both pots of eyeliner dried out on me within 6 mos. I tried storing them upside down, but it was too late. I had to toss them when there was still a fair amount of product in them. I did try the trick of adding a few drops of rubbing alcohol to rehydrate them, but that only lasts for a few days.

I have found the MAC gel eyeliners to stay fresher longer.

on 5/7/2010 11:26:00 AM

I've had this eyeliner for over a year, and can't believe that I haven't written a review for it! In the time I've had it, it has stayed fresh and has not dried out at all. While more expensive than drugstore brands like L'Oreal, the fact that it stays soft and fresh makes the higher price worth it for me.

If you have green eyes, it is a wonderful color that just makes your eyes pop. Best of all, this BB eyeliner lasts all day and does not budge! It's my go-to eyeliner for my 12-hour work days. In fact, last month, I worked 12 hours and then headed to a concert afterwards; when I got home past midnight, this eyeliner was still perfectly in place!

I also have this in the pure black color, but that one can sometimes feel a bit harsh on me to wear to work. Black Mauve Shimmer is a bit softer, but still dark enough to add contrast to your eyes. The shimmer is very subtle, and this is such a versatile color that it goes with almost all of my eyeshadow colors.

I'd been using the BB eyeliner brush with this, but recently picked up the Sonia Kashuk bent brush from Target, and love the SK brush even more -- and it was only $7! I usually dab the brush in the pot, smear a bit on the back of my hand to get the globs off of the brush, and then apply, dipping back into the smudge on my hand to add more to the brush. The MUA I bought this from said that this was the easiest way to apply it, and it works great.

I will definitely re-purchase this if I run out!

on 5/5/2010 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Bobbi brown's gel liners to me are the creme de la creme in the cosmetic market. I have tried gel liners from various brands such as Shu Uemura and to me Bobbi brown has the best color selection and the best texture. I recently acquired this after hunting high and low for it. This shade is supposed to be d/c where I live so I was thrilled to be able to find one. Upon swatching it on my arm, I was the most gorgeous black + brown + dusty violet. It just reminds of the color of a moth's wings. =) It belongs to the same family as NARS Ashes to ashes, Shu Uemura e/s ME brown 850. Today I wore it with NARS Ashes to ashes on the lids and NARS bali on the outer v and then paired it with this liner. I was blown away! Its the most perfect combo ever! I usually don't wear black during the day as black can look harsh. I hope Bobbi brown doesn't d/c this because I love it and I will definitely repurchase this when i run out.

BB gel liners are great, I have them in two colors. They're so defined and vibrant and really stays on. One of my girlfriends said she even wore it in a hottub and it didn't smudge.
I like it better than any of the Make Up Forever gel liners. Those feel drier and they smudge more.
HG eyeliner for sure!

This is my second time purchasing it. It looks like a silvery grey on. There is a hint of mauve in it.

Generally, I prefer MAC's gel liner to BB's. MAC's last a bit longer on me. I have oily lids and the only way I can get this gel to last is if I wear it with UDPP underneath the shadow first (which I almost always do). If I want to wear it by itself to add definition to a naked eye though, it doesn't last for more than an hour or two. I think it's more a problem with my lids rather than with the product.

The color is a plummy black...nice for those with green or hazel eyes. Looks great with my beloved Style Snob.

I had high hopes for Black Mauve, having already owned Graphite Shimmer, Chocolate Shimmer, Espresso, and Bronze Shimmer Inks. It's really pretty in the pot, and even swatched on my hand, but this one is thinner in consistency than the other gel liners I own, and just doesn't really make an opaque line. Since I don't like to retrace my eyeliner as that makes it thicker and "messy" on my little bitty Asian lids, it just doesn't quite do what I want. But it's still pretty, and I'll keep it and wear it with lighter cool toned eyeshadows for a daytime look, but in hindsight, I could have lived without it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Nice eggplant shade on. I deliberated buying this after applying, it wasn't instant love. I had on Espresso and removed to try this on. Espresso is such a lovely rich shade and this is certainly lighter. That said, this gave a much softer eye and allowed for a more dramatic cat-eye to be made without looking harsh, whereas with Espresso I make a smaller cat-eye. This looked very pretty on the sunny day, the slight purple hints made my green eyes stand out instead of competing with my eyeliner. I have to still line a thin line along the lash line with either Espresso or my Clinique True Black, but this makes a nice cat-eye that stays put relatively well. I was looking for a neutral and found this at the CCO, though I was debating buying Sepia at full price. The shimmer in this makes it more wearable and more flattering, IMO, than the matte shades. Would repurchase only because it's the most flattering purple I've found to date and it truly makes my own eye color stand out.