Almay smart shade

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

On a whim I bought this this weekend hoping to save some $ on some much needed concealer---I have a few red spots here and there from past breakouts that I was hoping I could just cover and touch up with a little powder (ie forgo foundation!).

I am very fair, so I bought the lightest shade. It comes out as a really strange white/clayish color, very light consistency...doesn't work to cover light scarring without packing it on! Is O-K undereye and for light redness (like under the nose and such). Not wowed, more confused and will buck up and go spend the money on something that works.

on 3/6/2010 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I generally associate almay's make up with having hypo allergenic, oil free, and other skin friendly properties, so I thought it would be a good idea to use this concealer for eye makeup.. I bought this product along with the almay bright eyes concealer ( Terrible idea, the consistency is thin and watery when applied and doesn't blend well. The colors available wash my skin out rather than brighten ) on a buy one get one half sale at Rite Aid. I had to return both products because, the smart shade concealer made my skin excessively oily and shiny. These products made me feel dirty -- like the feeling of sweaty skin in the summer and it's WINTER!! I will not buy again. One of my favorite You Tube make up guru's uses mineral power concealer by maybelline and she has gorgeous skin when she's done applying her makeup so I bought it and can't wait to see if I like it!

on 1/3/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I had never used a smart shade product before this, and I never will again. I would give it a 0 if I could.
I am very pale, and no matter how I apply it it turns orange. I thought it was the skin on my fingers messing up the colour somehow before I put it on my face. So I tried a brush, same result. I tried a sponge, still orange. Besides the horrible colour, it stings when I try it under my eyes. Don't waste your money on this stuff.

on 10/12/2009 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Awful! It was even more off as a color than the matching foundation I got with it. Awful awful awful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I think people have most problems with the shades because there aren't many to choose from. if there were more i think this concealer would be one of drugstore top for sure. it's not oily and not too drying. i put it on my skin and the spot there stays the same throughout the day. good for minor imperfections not dark circles/dark spots, but even so it covered my acne scabs, yes scabs, pretty decently.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. I had spent lots of time researching the best drugstore makeups, only to walk through the target beauty isle and grab this gem on impulse. ( I had heard good things from a light haired picky friend that the smart shade foundation had worked well for her and I was curious) The color at first was very strange but it adjusted to y coloring and covered my acne spots all day in the sweltering Texas summer. I am excited to try the foundation! Be aware this is not good for covering very dark spots or large areas. I consider this good for acne spots or small red abrasions.

on 4/16/2009 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This concealer works very well for my undereye circles. I don't recommend it for pimples or anything like that because the coverage is sheer to medium. I wish it had more coverage. However, I would repurchase

When I purchased the smart shade foundation I also picked up the concealer. While the foundation did attempt to adjust the concealer stayed very beige on me. I even got the lightest one (100 light pale). If I used this to conceal I would end up looking spotted. When will a company come out with a foundation that is made for pale gals with red undertones that will make us look beige or pink? Guess I will continue wearing the L'Oreal Trublend until they do.

on 9/22/2008 9:29:00 AM

Sorry to ruin the great reviews. I bought this product on a whim at the drugstore and was absolutely thrilled with it at first. I used it as an undereye concealer and it truly did "adjust" to my skintone. However, I noticed it was a tad too dry/matte for me (settled into my fine lines) so I switched to using it on other areas of my face and this is where I ran into problems. I started applying the concealer just around my nose area. Within a day, the area around my nose starting to burn. A day after that, whiteheads starting appearing around my nose. They were the incredibly painful, bring tears to your eyes kind of whiteheads. They popped rather easily (sorry, so gross) and healed well, but still. Something I would rather avoid overall. I stopped using the concealer around my nose and immediately, the whiteheads stopped. I then decided to try it again, and the whiteheads returned. Ick. I stopped again and I wanted to resume using it around my eye area as I've been VERY tired lately and desperately need something, but if it caused that much irritation around my nose, what is it doing to the tender skin around my eyes?... I have extremely sensitive skin so for those of you who do not this may very well still be a great ds concealer. Just not for me.