Physicians Formula Plump Potion Clear

Physicians Formula Plump Potion Clear

4.3

Polybutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Caffeine, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Flavor, Menthol, Methyl Nicotinate, Niacin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol Ricinoleate, Quarternium-90 Bentonite, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tribehenin, Bht, Propylparaben, Bismuth Oxychloride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Iron Oxides, Mineral Oil,Palmitic Acid, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Tin Oxide, Silica, Yellow 5.

on 1/25/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love love love this lip gloss! First of all, this really does plump up your lips! You can feel it tingling and within about 60 seconds your lips look full, plump and perfectly glossed! I love this because it leaves your lips looking as shiny as glass, and even though it's clear, the tingling plumping action promotes blood flow to your lips adding natural color! You wind up with lips that are plump and rosy-- I call them 'makout lips' because it looks like you've been kissing pretty hardcore or something-- that just bring out the best in your pucker! Very sexy but subtle-- a new favorite for me! The only downside is that it can be a bit sticky. I wouldn't wear your hair down in the wind with this stuff. : )

I am positively addicted to this lip gloss! It really pumps up my fairly thin lips and it has completely cured my chronically chapped lips!
Be careful with it, however. The other day I put some on before refreshing my makeup and managed to get some of it on my face. This resulted in hive-like welts on my face that lasted about a half an hour. At first I couldn't figure out where they had come from! LOL It's that plumping component in action! If you get some on your fingers (even though the packaging makes it kind of hard to do that) make sure you wash your hands. I doubt you'd want ton inadvertently rub your eyes with the stuff!
I agree with some of the other girls that the colored versions are not as nice as the clear and the crystal, although I will use them if I'm going out. One of the nicest things about the clear and the crystal (which is almost clear) is that the plumping agents increase blood flow, making my lips a very nice rosy color, the lip equivalent of my mother's old cure for paleness--"pinch your cheeks." This product pinches the cheeks of your lips, so to speak!
Oh, and this is worth mentioning again--this product has completely cured my chronically chapped lips, something even the higher end lip treatments have been unable to do!

on 1/15/2009 12:15:00 AM

This is an excellent clear gloss, I love it! I don't know if I believe all the plumping hype in general, but this does make my lips look nice and full. I could really feel the tingling when I first put it on, but it doesn't last very long at all..and I kind of like it. I could actually feel my pulse in my lips when I first applied it! It does a good job of circulating all the blood in your body to your lips! :) As for the staying power: excellent. Almost too good, as others have mentioned. BUT, it is not as sticky as lipglass that's for sure. And, the best thing about this baby is how much product you get! I'm pretty sure it's the biggest tube of gloss I've ever owned. I think it works just as well or better than all the other lip plump products i've tried, at a fraction of the price. Another reviewer said that you really do see plumping effects when you've been using it consistently for a few weeks, so I will be sure to update if I notice anything good!

on 12/29/2008 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Just a dab will do ya! I love this product and will buy it over and over. It's a bit thick, but it eventually sinks in. This plumps my lips for hours and enhances my natual lip color perfectly.

I have TINY lips and let me tell you, THIS WORKS. It makes my lips look big! I was shocked. Yes lip glosses have a way with making your lips look plumped out, but this is for real, more than regular clear glosses. The shine is Super reflective, in your face, glossy. Love it. The only reasons I took off a lippy is because, the bottle is so huge, it takes quite an amount of space in my travel makeup bag (not to mention it looks slightly tacky) and has a slight weird taste and smell I can't ignore for a minute or two. But that can be totally overlooked by what it delivers to my lips. Sometimes there are packaging that include TWO, one for free, so for the price, it is definitely worth it. Meh 5 lippies :D

on 12/2/2008 4:37:00 PM

This is a great overall plumping lip gloss for the price. When I opened the package, I was very impressed by the heavy tube and high quality packaging of the lip gloss. This is now my go-to clear lip gloss for work and a dinner out when I don't feel like wearing an intense lip color. I love the feel--not too sticky, the right heavy consistency I like for a gloss.

It does tingle a bit when you initially put it on, but I've gotten used to it by now. Really does a great job of transforming my small sized lips into a plumper and rounder shape. I would definitely buy again. I got this product as part of a 2 for 1 deal at CVS and had a coupon on top of that, so this ended up to be $3!

on 9/7/2008 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOOOOVE lipgloss. I collect lipgloss. i have over 60+ different lipglosses the last time i counted (and i use all of them at least once).
I'd throw all 60+ away for this one gloss. It is my new favorite! Now, I'm not one to believe the hype about plumping glosses, but I do enjoy the sensation I get when the gloss is applied. It's SUPER shiny, last SUPER long, and a bit sticky, but not as sticky as say, MAC's Lipglass or Too Faced's plumping gloss. The price? $10 for a huge tube? I don't mind shelling that out.
I don't know what people are talking about with the cigarette/tar/black pepper smell since i have this gloss in clear, crystal, and rose- they all smell like Sugar glosses when I compare the scent side by side. Maybe I'm just lucky?

i definitely recommend this to everyone, though!

on 9/6/2008 1:46:00 PM

For the price, this stuff is pretty good. You can't expect a product that costs $7 at Wal-Mart to perfrom any sort of miracle- but it does have a slight plumping effect. Plus, the packaging is nice and you get a ton of gloss- so it will last you a while. Good shine and good staying power, too. It tingles after you put it on, which eventually turns into a cooling sensation that's kind of relaxing. If you need a thick clear gloss, this stuff is worth a try.

Product provided a medium to thick consistency upon application. The scent is very minimal in my opinion. It gave me reasonable staying power & had some plumping effect on my thin upper lip. This product didn't irritate my lip area or surrounding skin, no adverse reactions whatsoever and I have extremely sensitive skin. I appreciate that it comes available in clear as I can choose my lip color of choice to apply or not over this. And the cost of this is CHEAP! Overall I am glad that I took a "leap of faith" and tried this product. It's not the "best" plumper that I have tried but it's not the worst either as it did provide some plumping where others that have cost me much more and did not deliver. Worth a try in my opinion.

on 8/21/2008 9:36:00 AM

I'm not too satisfied with this product. It smells really bad, feels bad on my lips (tingles at first, and feels cold later) and if I accidentally apply it on the skin above my lip, it makes my skin turn red. The gloss does make my lips look bigger, though.