Physicians Formula Plump Potion Clear

Physicians Formula Plump Potion Clear

4.3

Polybutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Caffeine, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Flavor, Menthol, Methyl Nicotinate, Niacin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol Ricinoleate, Quarternium-90 Bentonite, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tribehenin, Bht, Propylparaben, Bismuth Oxychloride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Iron Oxides, Mineral Oil,Palmitic Acid, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Tin Oxide, Silica, Yellow 5.

on 6/20/2010 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I read up on lip plumpers and eventually came across this one. Some of the reviews kinda made me rethink buying it but the majority said it plumped your lips so i gave it a shot. I paid $9.99 at CVS, even though I know it's $8.99 at walmart (if your walmart carries this product.. mine does not) First i tried applying only to half my mouth, waited a few minutes, and checked it out. The side i put it on really did look plumper, but i thought maybe it was just because i had gloss on half. When i spread it around though i really noticed how rosey and dare i say.. PLUMP the right side of my mouth was. Now I'm worried i might be seeing it only beacuse i want to, but my mouth looks plump.. and the coloring it gave to my actual lips alone makes it worth the 10 bucks (which i'm crazy cheap, so that's really saying something.) I'd absolutely rebuy. Also, i read alot of people saying it stunk. I can't say about any other colors, but the clear (at least to me) did not smell bad AT ALL, and the container, while big, is cute and not ridiculous in size. Plus, the torturous tingle that comes from some plumpers is almost non- existant, it's more of a mint feeling that i actually like. And as of yet, no fowl taste detected. I'd absolutely reccomend trying it. I personally feel like stocking up just so they don't discontinue and leave me less plump, lol. 2 thumbs up.

on 5/5/2010 8:25:00 PM

This is the best lip plumper I have ever used hands down. As soon as I purchased this, I took it home and placed it on one side of my lips to see if there really was a difference. I rechecked in 5 minutes and the amount of plumping was incredible. I can use this as a gloss or a serum and let it dry a bit before applying lipliner.

I also have tried just about every product in the world cause i am a makeup artist, and thought i would try this cause it was so cheap!!! It actually made me change my mind from getting my lips done this weekend! It smells a little icky but i dont care cause it works! Turns my lips a nice pink color also!

on 4/7/2010 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is most definitely my HG gloss. I am on my third tube of clear and I have stopped using all other balms/glosses from my arsenal of products. This plumps my lips (without burning or stinging), the shine lasts MUCH longer than any other gloss I've used, and I chew gum all day so this staying power is great. It is VERY sticky but that doesn't bother me in the least. The only time that's a hassle is out in the wind when my hair sticks to my lips ;)
I will absolutely buy this over and over and unless something changes, I will use this exclusively as I have been for the past two months. I reapply during the day several times, but even with that, a tube will last me about a month. Love love love. : ) It's $9.99 at CVS which I would normally find a bit pricey for a DS gloss, but I think this is worth it.

I thought I loooved this product at first. So much so that I even went back and got it in another color. However, both tubes are now in a landfill far away i.e. I threw them away days ago.. I loved how they looked, loved the texture, was pretty sure it plumped at least temporarily but the TASTE! I couldn't get past the nasty taste it would leave in my mouth! So gross! Didn't want my boyfriend to kiss my lips and taste that. SO not worth it.. Plus I have naturally full lips so I don't know why I bought plumpers but I figured I want them to stay plump with age..I'll keep looking though.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a lip plumper that actually works! I've tried many high end plumpers and I was always forced to ask my husband "Do my lips look any different?" because I couldn't see ANY change myself. After seeing such great reviews of this product and it's excellent price, I decided to give it a try.

I saw a difference within seconds of applying the gloss. My lips tingled slightly, (a more mild tingle than DuWop's Lip Venom - which btw, is utterly useless) smoothed and darkened to a pink-berry color. The effect lasts a long time and is instantly revived when you add fresh gloss - something that did not happen with other plumpers. Also, I was able to apply it over lipstick and receive the benefits.

The really great thing about this gloss is how moisturizing it is! I wore some as a night treatment and I woke up to soft, smooth lips.

I'm very glad I stumbled upon those good reviews, otherwise I would never have tried this! I'm looking forward to seeing long-term plumping from repeated use.

on 1/26/2010 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

This is my favorite gloss, but I don't like to be limited so I continue to use other glosses also... but this is the only 1 that really plumps my lips.

It takes time to see the difference but it works (palmitoyl oligopeptide is the longterm collagen plumping ingredient). I love all the colors (they're all sheer, not opaque as they seem in the tube) but Clear Potion is my favorite & the most versatile.

It gives blinding wet-look vinyl shine, lasts a super long time, moisturizes my lips & protects them from winter cold & dryness. I keep my hair away from my face outdoors so the wind won't plaster my hair to my gloss. It is super sticky like glue, which I love. Many ppl don't like sticky gloss but I do. Non-sticky glosses smear too easily & wear away too quickly for me. I only need to apply this once in the morning & once @ bedtime & it literally lasts all day long on me.

It gives minimal tingling & slight flushing for a short duration (thankfully, as I dislike tingling & minty cold sensation on my lips). It comes out very thick & the brush applicator holds plenty, so I wipe most of it off the brush against the tube opening. Even the tiniest amount of gloss gives my lips killer shine.

The packaging is clunky yet cute & mine never leaks (I store them standing up in a glass container).

I love that this can be applied over any other lipstick & I hope Physicians Formula never stops making this gloss. I always end up paying full price for all my tubes ($11) but I don't care if I never catch any sales (ok I care a little, lol) it's still a worthy steal even @ full price, if you ask me. High-end lip plumpers run as much as $50 (hello LipFusion, which did nothing for me but make my lips unpleasantly numb) & haven't done anything good for me the way Plump Potion does.

HG!

on 1/10/2010 8:22:00 PM

I am SO in love with this product! I've been using it for quite some time now. It claims to give instant results in 60 seconds - instant plumping effect, instant hydrating & smoothing, as well as younger, smoother, and fuller looking lips with continued use.
Honestly, I can believe it. Now, don't expect Angelina Jolie Lips the first time using it. But right away my first time using it, I noticed that even with the clear gloss, my lip's color is enhanced, my pout is a little poutier, and all my lines are smoothed as well as it gives off a refreshing, tingly sensation - not stingy like some lip plumpers. Maybe it's one of those things where you believe it because you want to, but I think my lips aren't as tiny as they used to be.
I'm not 100% happy with the price, around $9, but I'm a little cheap haha.
Overall, a 5 out of 5 and I will definitely continue to purchase this. The colored glosses are great, too!

on 10/25/2009 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

PROS:
• It really does plump your lips. I could see a really big difference on my lips when I only put it on one half. It does what it says!
• Its really glossy. So even if you don't want a lip plumper, you can get this just for a high gloss lip gloss.
• Because it's clear, you can mix pigments with it in a small dish or add your lipstick and or other glosses in a dish with his plumper. That's why I reccomend getting it in clear.
• The tingling sensation is very mild, you can barely feel it!

CONS:
• Its very sticky. So if you have your hair down and it's windy, chances are that you are gonna get your hair stuck on your lip.
• The smell isn't the best. It's not a strong smell, it's more of just a light smell that doesn't smell good. I wish they would make them smell better.

Overall, I love this lip plumper and I will DEFIANTLY buy again!

on 10/8/2009 11:47:00 PM

This product is on sale most of the time. You can find bogo sales at drugstores and some packages come with 2 for the price of 1. i got mine for only like 3 buck using coupons and the sale. this gloss makes your lips definitely plump and soooooo shiny! this lip gloss is more shiny than any other drug store brand ever! i wear this when i go to clubs and out at night. it might even be better than macs lip gloss. TRY IT ! its so cheap too. all physician formula products are a great price for the product. AND they usually have coupons on the package for $2-$5 off instantly and their price range is only from like $5-$15. there is also try me free products where u send in for a full rebate!