Egg Bomb

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So after reading all the great reviews I decided to try this out this weekend. I actually had to triple the recipe cause I have super long hair (little past half-way down my back) and suuper thick Indian hair. Its a bit messy putting it in, so definitely plan to clean your bathroom afterward! =o) As I was washing my hair I didn't notice anything different...didn't feel super soft or anything, BUT once I finish straighten ironing it, it looked AMAZING. It definitely has WAY more shine and is suuuuper soft. I will definitely be doing this at least twice a month! I LOVE how cheap all the ingredients are too! Thank you SO much for posting this concoction!!! =o)

on 8/8/2009 11:35:00 AM

I followed the instructions for this exactly, I doubled the recipe because I have long hair, and used the cling-wrap cap while I waited. Putting this through my hair wasn't really pleasant, the mixture smells pretty bad and drips all over. Once it's in my hair it doesn't really drip, but putting it in is messy. When I washed it out, my hair didn't immediately feel softer - so I used my conditioner as well. I was a bit disappointed that the egg bomb wouldn't be enough of a conditioning treatment on it's own. Once I blow-dried my hair I didn't feel that it was softer or shinier than normal after using my conditioner, but it definitely had more volume - which is a big plus for me because I have long hair that tends to be flat and weighed down. I can't give this a 5 because I don't think it improved the softness or shininess of my hair - for that I think I will stick to the Vinegar Rinse (just put some white vinegar in a squeezy bottle and apply through hair in the shower after shampooing and conditioning, then rinse out - without getting in your eyes!), which is a lot less messy and time-consuming, but I will use this treatment again when I need some extra volume, then just follow it with the vinegar rinse for the shiny look that I love.

EDIT: So I've tried this again - I didn't need to double the recipe this time because I've had my hair cut since the last time I tried it. I again followed the recipe exactly, but I didn't cling-wrap it, I just wrapped my hair in a towel instead, and I followed washing with conditioner and a vinegar rinse. Again, this treatment gave my hair more volume - which is great, but again, didn't do much in the way of softness or shininess. I'd even go so far as to say that it left my hair more dull from the added egg/honey/oil. I think that as a conditioner this is not really worth the mess and time and smell (leaves my bathroom smelling like wet dog), I would only use it again if I felt I needed a volume boost, because my regular conditioner seems to do the job without all the extra work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great deep conditioning treatment. Only problem is that I guess I have more hair than I think I do, because even with doubling the recipe (I have hair to my bra strap) it wasn't nearly enough product by far. I was out of eggs, so I made it work by concentrating on the bottom 2/3 of my hair. Next time I will triple the recipe. Oh, also I used jojoba oil as I already use that in my hair. A generic brand of olive oil would be cheaper!

My hair is almost too soft and has a definite shine. Very nicely done!

on 8/6/2009 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Haha, yes I will "buy" again :D
I have box-colored blond hair, that still has some breakage dots about 1/2" from the ends due to previous excessive flat ironing and blow drying, is thin and although not in horrible shape, still needs lots of TLC. I have tried numerous treatments, expensive 'poos and conditioners (KS) and masks, and although they do work some, I still never felt totally satisfied. So I thought I'd try this recipe after reading raves on this board. I have bra strap long hair, but kinda thin, so the basic amount of ingredients (2 tbsp EVOO, 1 tsp honey and 1 egg yolk) was enough. It did smell like cake batter, and applying it was not as icky as I had expected it to be. The mixture got hard very fast, and after I finished covering my whole head in it, I topped it with some mayo for extra conditioning. Wrapped my head in saran wrap and left it on for about 45 min. Then I washed and conditioned as usual (it washed out pretty easily), put in my Kielh's leave-in, and air dried. I am very happy with the result - my hair felt stronger and softer, and looked shinier and healthier. I can't see most of those breakage dots I was talking about (I'm not saying they got fixed, because that would be impossible, but they are not as obvious). I'm thinking this treatment is definitely able to prevent split ends and dryness, and it can be a huge aid in growing hair long. I am planning on using this concoction weekly, and just invest in good quality shampoo and conditioner from now on, instead of all those expensive treatments that might or might not work.
Oh, and I also talked a coworker into trying this treatment, and today she reported great results and said this will be her only treatment from now on :)

on 8/6/2009 2:14:00 PM

Kudos to you siameselouise and your friend! I’ve used the mayo thing before but never its raw ingredients. Nice!!! So, I’m pretty happy with my hair regime and due to my networking with you all lovely MUAs, I now have soft and silky hair that I’ve only dreamed about. Many, many thanks!
I saw this yesterday and said, why not. I have all the ingredients at home and it’s my deep conditioning night so it’s perfect evening to try it. So, very pleased that I tried it. I followed the instructions: whisk egg yolk, add EVOO and honey. Worked it thru my hair…felt kinda funky…then, placed about a tablespoon of mayo. Wrap in plastic and towel and wait for 30 minutes. I was cooking, ladies!! After the kitchen clock’s ding, I rinsed, shampooed, and mild conditioner again. My hair didn’t feel soft as it usually does, even when wet. Hmmm….let it dry…same texture after my Kiehl’s deep conditioner. Nice!! Cheap, really nice!! So, the lesson here is why buy store brand product for nearly $30 when you can get the same result for products that are staple in your kitchen…well, at least in mine. Will have to use up Kiehl’s so I’ll follow Siameselouise’s routine…twice a month and use Kiehl’s the other two weeks in the month. Very please indeed! Many thanks again Siameselouise to you and your friend.

on 8/5/2009 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes, of course, I was skeptical too. But this simple 3 ingredient concoction is amazing. I have color treated, 50% coarse gray hair and this is the first thing that's actually smoothed it out. I use Pureology Nano shampoo and conditioner, and although it helps, nothing compares to this. I left mine on 2 hours while watching a movie, and I just can't say enough. Like another reviewer, I used no serums or products at all: just shampoo, condition and blow dry. I plan to use this weekly. Thank you so much to the gal who posted this!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hey... this was awesome. I MUST say, I was definitely skeptical. I think next time I could double the recipie-- my hair is short, but very thick. I also probably didn't leave it on long enough. I only had it on for 20 minutes, then rinsed and then washed and conditioned as usual. I DID sit under the dryer with my conditioner on (which i must admit, I don't typically do, but...) AnYWAY... I love the way my hair feels... very silky smooth. If there are any African-Americans out there reading this contemplating whether or not to try this, I would HIGHLY encourage it. My hair is relaxed and it's now bouncy and shiny. The only other products I used were my handy dandy Biosilk, a little gel my short tapered hair in the back and a little Chi Infusion.

on 8/3/2009 1:36:00 PM

I was drawn to try this product because all of the ingredients are natural, household items and they're pretty accessible. I did one treatment and although it was a bit messy, it was kind of fun to make. It smelled a bit unpleasant and whoever said it smelled like cake batter was sadly mistaken! Just saying, but either way it did a good job of making my hair feel soft and strong. Especially would recommend for ladies with thin, fine hair because it gives it the illusion of looking thicker.
Overall good thing to try because you have very little to lose, all items are common.

Amazing. My hair showed an immediate difference, and remains soft, shiny and manageable. Geat big thanks to SiameseLouise for the receipe.

Note: I have short ( chin length), very thick hair, cut in a Clara Bow type Eton crop. I used half the OO recommended, and it was more than adequate. Short haired ladies will likely less than the recommended amount.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hello my fellow dames of MUA. I have been looking for that miracle treatment for my fine curly hair that I am desperately trying to grow out super long. I just recently tried the "Coconut Cream Relaxer" (youtube it, it seems to work super well for super curly hair) and thoguh it did leave my hair conditioned, I found the mess irritating beyond belief and I was left wondering if there was something better so that I could avoid having warm yogurt dripping down my face and back... So, I find this egg bomb deal and im like... why not? So I decided to use coconut oil instead of olive oil because I actually did not have any on hand (for the first time in my life D= ) So, I whip up a batch like so 2 egg yolk, 2 tbsp honey and only 2 tbsp coconut oil since I usually add some to my hair later on anyways. I was worried because they egg yolks were cold and coconut oil solidifies at around 70 degrees but it blended just fine and the consistency of the mix coated my hair with no drips! I left it on for 30 min. So, the verdict??? I really like it, wasked it out with an olive oil bar and now im waiting for my hair to dry to see how my curls look. Ill update asap! So far it feels super soft and my curls look like theyre clumping well. ::crosses fingers::

EDIT** Ummm... I think I just found my HG... my hair looks fabulous... Wow... seriously, thanks ladies! I put a smidge of my pomade in my hair and that was it and it looks and feels soooo soft. I really wonder if using either olive or coconut oil makes a diff.