Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love that this blush is not too shimmery like other blushes, but rather looks more pearly once it settles on my cheeks. The color is an amazing perfect blend of both pink and brown. I wear this blush when I'm wearing BB Metallic eye shadows since they both have a similar texture and give off the same "lighted" effect. Don't forget to use a soft hand when applying this blush because a little goes a long way.

I hated this shade of blush! I read all the great reviews so I was really excited to try it. I have a fairly easy skintone (Mac C3,NC25, right now BB warm beige) in the sense that I can usually buy any color of blush and eyeshadow and make it work. This one I could not! When I wore this blush it was just blah! I looked like I was ill. On me its a muddy red brown color. I tried it as an eyeshadow and actually really liked the color for that, but my eyelids got swollen. So, I had to return it. I just couldn't use it any way. I normally love Bobbi Brown, so I was surprised that I didn't like this blush.

on 6/14/2008 9:00:00 PM

I agree w/ many of the previous reviews. Bahama Brown is a shimmery pink-bronze-brown shade. When I saw this at the BB counter, I had to have it. It isn't a unique shade, but it's one I didn't have already & had been searching for a long time. I love pink-bronze blushes, but it's been tough to find the one that is the right mix for my skintone that I don't get too much pink or too much bronze. This provides a good balance of both for my skin (LM Warm Ivory). Bahama Brown has the same great smooth texture as my other BB blushes & blends beautifully. The only thing is that I have to be careful & not apply too much. If I do, then I get that overly shimmered-cheek look that is not attractive at all on me. However, because this blush blends so well, the couple of times I've done that, I've just gone over it w/ a kabuki brush - problem solved. Still, for me this blush applies best in light layers w/ a skunk brush or a fluffy blush brush.

on 6/1/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Have to start by saying that this is NOT the same shade that was in the Sunkissed palette..yes, the shade in the Sunkissed palette was called Bahama Brown but the original Bahama Brown came out in the Beach palette in 2005. The Sunkissed version was much more pink/red based then the original bronzey, taupey mauve in the Beach palette..with that said, this recent version of Bahama Brown is thankfully the exact shade of the original BB that came out in the Beach palette.It became instant HG for me in 2005 when it first came out as I was able to use it all over as a bronzer and it was the PERFECT bronzer for my NC15 skin..so completely natural; more so then any other bronzer I've tried. My only complaint about the new Bahama Brown is that it seems to contain some larger,silver shimmer that the original doesn't contain.It's not too over the top but it is noticeable so, not being a fan of glitter or heavy shimmer, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.I think I can deal though.Especially for the color

I just wanted to add how beautiful I think this is. I am very fair and most bronzers do not work on me. Bahama Brown works beautifully. It has the effect of a bronzer but with a little pink to it so it's believable. I werar it with Pink Sugar for a "pop" of pink on the apple.

on 5/12/2008 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I absolutely love this blush. It is ther perfect color to go with a (faux) tan and bronzer. It really has a slight pink tint to it so I think this color brightens up your face. The shimmer is not so pronounced that I can't wear it to work so that is a plus too. I got this in the beach Palette from a couple of years ago but it is being released as a single for the new personal palettes BB is doing. Wore it on my honeymoon cruise everyday!

on 5/12/2008 12:45:00 AM

This is the only BB blush I feel really good wearing! So many blushes (not just hers) come off really pink and garish on me. Had this in 2 former BB summer palettes and always hoped it would appear on its own. Yes, it does look eye-shadowish...I accidently used some as my crease shadow, intending to use the Tan shadow I had in the 4-pan Palette. It wasn't so bad! And the shimmer is subtle enough for those of us who aren't shimmery.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If I remember correctly, this blush was part of one of Bobbi's palette's from a few years ago. I remember I loved the Bahama Blush but I wasn't too crazy about the eye shadows or the lip glosses that went with the palette and I was hoping that she would release just the blush one day.
I was so excited to see she's finally offering this blush! The color looks a little scary for a blush, to me it looks more of an eye shadow color, but the color is beautiful when you apply it. It gives a nice, healthy glow to my cheeks and although there is shimmer in the product, it's definitely not overdone.
I also love the new packaging. I don't plan on buying any of the empty palette's but for those who do, it'll be great being able to mix and match all the different eye shadows and blushes. I like the new package simply because I hated screwing the top's off of the older makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really need to rave about Bahama Brown - it's a gorgeous cool-toned shimmery medium mauve-brown blush. The pigment is moderately rich and there is enough shimmer to highlight the cheeks without being frosty - it's very similar to the shimmer in NARS' shimmer blushes (the non-glittery ones). I've been wearing it with Bobbi's Medium bronzer, which is one of her cooler-undertoned bronzers. These two together make the perfect summer "natural" duo. This shade on my pale olive skin makes me look like I got some color from the sun without looking ruddy, flushed or orange.
It's worn well for me - I haven't experienced fading after 9+ hours. It's worn over foundation and primer, so keep that in mind. ;)
I even love the new packaging. It's a black, streamlined plastic square container with a clear window to see what's inside. It's a permanent container and is completely attractive and durable on its own, but the blush can be easily popped out and inserted into Bobbi's new custom palettes. What's really-really cool is that you can pop the blush *back* into the original containers again if you want to rearrange the shades in your palettes! This is completely ingenious! So if you get tired of a palette combination - you can make the shades individual again without heat, magnets or glue. *love*
Permanent shade and the price is $22 for .14 oz. / 4 g
I've attached some pictures of Bahama Brown, alone and compared to NARS Lovejoy for color reference. Sorry, I don't have MAC to compare it against! :) All pictures were taken in natural daylight. From other MUA responses, this blush is the blush shade in the limited edition Beach Beauty Face Palette.
**click [continued] to see pictures**
Bahama Brown in the new packaging.

Bahama Brown and NARS Lovejoy