MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

3.8

on 5/21/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased the BB cream in beige. I've still got winter skin, so I'm very fair, but as a note to all the ladies out there with olive skin: THIS IS NOT THE SHADE FOR YOU. It would have been a perfect match for me...if it wasn't so gray! Different undertones and I might have really enjoyed the product.

Color aside, the product smells nice and did give me a nice coverage, but sheer enough to not feel heavy. I wore this to go to a yoga class (and I sweated my brains out) and there was good staying power...though I had a primer on as well, so that might have helped.

In sum: Probably a good product! But BEIGE IS NOT GOOD FOR OLIVE SKIN!

on 5/15/2012 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

As far as BB creams go- this has lovely coverage and highly pigmented. It smells nice and goes on very smooth.
But two issues:
1. Pinky undertones- Not complimentary to my warmer skintone.
2. Heavily moisturising- There's not enough blotting paper or finishing powder in the world to kmock out the greasy T-zone this leaves me with.

So if you have pink undertones, dry skin and want a beautifully beneficial cream with wonderful coverage- this is it!

However, in my case- I just use it as a lazy day- stay home- no makeup look freshen-upper-er... - patting it under my eyes (double whammy - eye cream and concealer!) . Will not purchase again though. *insert sad face*

on 4/10/2012 12:51:00 AM

I'm NC25 leaning towards NC30 and I use the No.23 for this BB cream which is a perfect match.
I love this BB cream, I totally stop using foundation and use this BB cream instead every time I head out.
PROS:
The coverage is pretty decent. I don't use it for the entire face, only for the problem area and it gives the most natural look. I only pump out a pea size of this stuff and it's more than enough, a little goes a long long way. I have quite large pores around my nose and I just dab a tiny bit of this BB cream on there and it really minimize the pores. I also have horrible dark circles and I dab some under my eye and it really help conceal them. I wouldn't say they make these problems disappear, but it does help alleviate them. And then I have about half a pea size left and I just use them on wherever necessary, but usually I would still got a bit left and have to wipe those away with a tissue. And my skin looks naturally good like I don't have any makeup on. Even my family can't tell, only my very close makeup addict friends can tell when we are face to face one foot away.
It doesn't break me out at all. But then again, my skin is not acne-prone or sensitive, I haven't come across a certain product that burn my skin or break me out or anything.
It's quite long lasting. Then again, this gives a super natural look, so if fades I wouldn't really notice much. What I do notice is that my skin looks as good as I freshly put it on after a long day.

NEUTRAL:
I have mixed feelings about the packaging. It's like a tube with a pump. Well, it's very hygiene, which I love, I hate hate hate pot containers. However, I wish the tube is clear, so I can see how much I've got left. What I don't like is that the pump is bulky and deposits way too much product. An entire pump is enough for days of uses. Crazy! I only need a pea size, less than half a pump. It's like I press it and I must stop when I see product comes out. Or else it's too much. I think I'll prefer a squeeze tube.

CONS:
It does make you skin oily. I have super oily nose so I have to leave my nose bare. I once applied some on my nose, even the MAC blot powder can do nothing.
Well, the following cons are not what I've experience personally. Based on my and my alone experience, This product is nearly perfect. But these are the things you wanna know.
It might leave a grey cast. Some people say that it would oxidize in half an hour so no worries. Not entirely true. I don't have problem with this, I don't think it leaves a grey cast on my at all. But on my mom, it does and after a long day, the grey cast still won't fade.
The color selection is very limited just like all Asian brand does. I think there's only 3 or 4 color. For those who have darker skin, you might not find a match.

This product comes in a whopping size of 50ml, so I guess I won't be repurchasing in a long while. And I think by the time I go through it, I would be tired of it and wanna try out something new. So in reality I won't repurchase this. But I think the repurchase product is not really about that, more like "do you think it's worth having around all the time", well then, yes. So I gave a Yes to "would you buy this product again."

ashy and made skin look dull, looked cakey over time

on 3/31/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My go to foundation! I love this BB cream. It completely brightens my complexion with just a thin layer of the product. It looks natural and I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup when applied. It doesn't clog pores. A tube lasts me forever. The pump packaging is great because it is more sanitary. I would recommend this to anyone except those who like more than medium coverage.

on 3/27/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I. Am. In. Love. This is a great product. It works really well with it's benefits, I've been using this almost everyday for about six months and my skin has actually lightened significantly. I also really like the SPF content which makes this great for every day wear. As a foundation I also think it works really well, the coverage is medium, buildable. It can get a little cakey pretty quickly though. It lasts all day and works pretty well in controlling my oily skin. The price, in Australia, is very agreeable. I bought the 50ml bottle from Missha for $30. You only need a small amount for your face so this bottle will last me forever. One complaint I do have is the grey tint in the shade (no. 23). Because my skin does lean very yellow the greyness can make me look pale and deathly. It usually goes away after about 10 minutes though. Overall, awesome product, great for everyday. Would definitely recommend and repurchase.

Background on me: Asian, NC30 skintone, normal/not sensitive skin with acne scarring.

I love me some BB creams, and this one is at the top of the list. It boasts some extraordinary claims (covers! protects! lightens! does your laundry! does your taxes!) and if you're looking at the BB cream on its claims, it will NOT live up to what it says it will do for your skin. But that goes for ANY product out there - there is no end-all be all, all-in-one, multi-purpose moisturizer/primer/foundation/concealer/skincare product that will work for everybody.

THAT BEING SAID - I love this as a step above tinted moisturizer and a step below foundation. I am a student, I don't need full-coverage foundation every day or a flawless look everyday. But I have redness around my jawline that I want covered.

TEXTURE/FEEL: The BB cream itself is thick and gray when you first pump it out. You need to BLEND this and not apply a super thick layer over your face otherwise it will not oxidize. For me, this does change in color to fit my skin tone quite well, and I find that it seems to brighten my overall complexion and even out my skintone.

COVERAGE: Coverage-wise, this is one of the heavier BB creams. It covers a lot, and I only need a teeny bit of concealer for a few deep acne marks (I don't have a problem with undereye darkness) If you want more coverage, I think you could use a powder foundation over this to set/cover more and that would be perfect.

LONGEVITY: I find that this lasts fine when set with powder. If just used by itself, it doesn't really last too long/slides off easily/transfers on everything and anything.

PACKAGING: I love the pump, I have no problem with getting too much/too little. You may have to fiddle around to find out what is the perfect amount of pressure to add.

CONSIDER IF:
- You are lighter skinned (I don't know how dark the deepest shade is. I use No. 23)
- You don't need a heavy duty foundation but want some coverage
- You are normal to dry skinned

SKIP IF:
- You are oily
- You are expecting this product to stick the landing on a broken ankle and thus bring the gold medal and glory to the US

I have yellow undertones and this bb cream has this grey cast on me.. The color is not dark for me but makes my complexion look dull and grey. The finish is semi-matte to dewy. I've only tried this a few times from my sister. Haven't given this a full trial yet. It seems to last pretty well through out but blotting and reapplying powder is required if you have combo-oily skin. The smell doesn't annoy me.. It's kinda nice and it never broke me out. But I won't buy this because of the color choice!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this a few years ago when BB creams were all the rage. The part that made me purchase it the fact that it is suppose to be good for your skin. Apparently it was made for people to use after surgery to heal up scars and such. Anyways that was the claim and I don't know whether to believe it or not.

I got the shade natural beige. Unfortunately, it is too dark for me. I should have gotten light beige. It gives suprisingly good coverage. If you have pretty good skin to begin with this is good at covering up a few minor blemish spots and pores on the nose. However, if you have acne scars or major break outs, then this won't help you one bit. I really like that its SPF 40+ as well. It makes it a lot easier in the morning to skip the suncreen. I think I might buy another shade in light beige.

Oh and the packaging is pretty good. I bought the one with the pump. It makes it very santiary. I use my fingers to blend.

I've been using this product for well over a year now and it's definitely a great product to try. I currently use shade 23 which is a bit lighter than my complexion and the later is too dark. The product is on the thick side for a foundation, which is not a bad thing, a little goes a long way! What I have to do is mix it with a bit of lotion, this helps the oxidizing process (to me) and it matches my skin flawlessly. People cannot tell i'm wearing makeup at all, and you know what i mean..during broad daylight and in the sun! If used the right way, with a few trial and errors on getting the perfect shade (due to the lack of shades), this product will definitely remain a favorite.

Amy