MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

3.8

on 1/8/2013 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was excited to try this line because it has more colors than most Asian BB cream lines AND it has warm colors, which is great for someone who is very yellow like me. I bought this in #27, which I thought would be great for my NC25/30 skin but it ended up being a bit orange and dark. I'd say it's solidly NC35/37.

By itself, this BB cream has decent lasting power (maybe 6-8 hrs) and a lovely dewy, skin-like finish. It doesn't break me out, but test before you use it because BB creams have a lot of "stuff" in them and can potentially break some people out. This one evens out skin tones and is great at hiding sun spots and acne scars, although it won't cover up extreme redness like erupted pimples. It's light-medium coverage, depending on how much you use. I don't think it lasts as long as the Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream, which wears like iron and lasts 12+ hrs on me. I would definitely set this BB cream with some powder if you want it to last longer!

To solve the color problem, I mix #27 with my greyer BB creams (Skin79 Hot Pink) to get a yellow shade that matches me very well. This mixture gives me a bit of a dewy finish (from the Missha) and longer lasting power (from the Skin79). While I like the mixture, it's just annoying that I have to mix two products to get a good shade, so I'm taking off a lippie for the color range in this line because it jumps all over the place. #23 looks really light on me (maybe NC20?) but #27 jumps all the way to NC35/37!

All in all, I still like this BB cream. It's affordable and easy to find (I ordered off Amazon), and it gives very natural, even coverage. It comes in a squishable tube with a pump, which is sanitary, easy to use and allows you to get every drop out by the end. You may have to go through some trial-and-error to find a shade that works for you though!

on 1/2/2013 9:04:00 AM

I love this product. I've wanted to use BB cream for a long time and I'm really happy with this one! I'm using shade #21 which is surprising to me. My friend, who's caucasian and super pale, uses the same shade and I'm tanner than her.

I know it says that it has moisterizer already in it, but people should really use their own moisturizer before applying on this BB cream. There's very little moisturizer in it. The coverage is light.

I don't understand when people say the fragrance is strong. It's fairly light and a nice smell to me.

I only use this BB cream when I go out, which isn't a lot. I have noticed that whenever I use BB cream, my dark marks seem to get lighter after some use.

I use concealer and setting powder after the BB cream and I'm set for the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skintype: Asian, yellow undertone, oily.

My skin imperfections: redness, blemishes, uneven skintone, dark circles.

Use: Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream #23 Natural Beige

Pro's:
- Matches my skintone very well
- Gives me a radiant glow without being too oily (I finish it with powder, it won't stay matte all day, but within acceptable range)
- Medium cover, covers my imperfections and dark circles well in 1 layer
- easy to put on the skin, texture is smooth, not too dry and heavy
- Doesn't feel heavy on my skin and lasts all day on my skin
- SPF 42/PA+++
- comes in a hygienic packaging
- different shades to choose from
- very good price/quality ratio

--> Really improves my imperfections, my blemishes are soothed and visibly reduced, my skincolour is more bright and even, and my skin feels very soft.

Con's:
- If you have oily skin like me, you need to finish this BB cream with powder and later in the day another touch up with powder is required
- can make your skin look cakey if you apply a bit too much

To conclude:
This is my first try at BB cream and after extensive research I decided to go with either Skin79 Hot Orange or this Missha BB cream. I decided to go with this one because there is a medium shade avaiable. And I must say that I'm very content with this product and started wondering why I never considered using BB cream earlier while I was aware of the hype, this BB cream really improves my skin and I've implemented BB cream in my daily skin care routine!

on 8/31/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Used this product in the winter when my skin is lighter like a NC30. After applying it, even with bronzing powder i would still look grey. I brought the darkest color which is #23 and its still too light for my skin. It also broke me out and made my skin super oily.

on 8/14/2012 3:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

No. 21 blends right in with my skin! I was surprised to find that just one dot of bb cream could cover such a large area. No additional foundation or concealer was necessary with just one layer, and I didn't even feel that I was wearing makeup! It makes my skin look super smooth and even. When I wore this for my graduation, I found that it lasted well into eight hours without touchups though it doesn't cover darker spots or moles completely. However, for slight redness here and there, this product is amazing! One other thing I love is that the bb cream comes with a pump dispenser, which not only dispenses the suitable amount, but also avoids contamination of the product! The SPF included is a big benefit for my skin because I burn easily! For the occasional half hours I spend in the sun without sunscreen, this helps!

on 8/2/2012 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have used Skinfood Aloe,Skin79 Hot Pink,Garnier(I want my money back!!),Silky Girl(better than Garneir ) and this Missha Perfect Cover.
This one has a strong sunscreen smell but it has the best coverage among other bb creams I've used.

I'm using No.23 which is lighter than my skin but it isn't that obvious.Like some of the reviewers commented, this bb cream is a bit dry.I use moisturizer before applying than slightly dust loose powder.

This has become my favorite bb cream now .My skin has been blotchy and flaky this week as my period is coming soon.My skin looks horrible if I put makeup on during pms.I used moisturizer plus this and it was enough for my skin. It covers the redness and give me a glow so it makes me feel less crappy about going out.

A+

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought shade #23 in Korea and it seems there are only 3 shades available here - the US shop has more darker shades.

I think #23 is a bit too light for me but since I only apply a thin layer it is ok.
The coverage is pretty good and it blends smoothly into the skin.
You need to wait at least 10-15 minutes until the color adjusts to your skin tone.
Haven't gotten any breakouts on my acne prone skin and I will repurchase :)

My Pro/Con list:

PRO
- Good coverage
- No breakouts
- Smooth feeling
- Incredible sunblock, I always get sunburned on my cheeks but never gotten it this summer after applying it!

CON
- Not for hot & humid weather since it will get greasy, especially in the nose area.
- Still greyish, especially in summer and if you sweat

I won't use this too much in summer but will restock in Korea before I get fly home.
I think except summer (where oily skin like mine gets extra greasy) other seasons work best with this BB cream.

on 7/21/2012 8:17:00 AM

Cheap dirt in Seoul!!! Brought it for usd16!!! It last the whole day, when I'm wearing this bb cream, I'll get compliments from colleagues and patients ( working as a nurse )
It made me look fresh all day even after night shift and it has great benefit!!

Whitening, anti ageing, SPF, repairing ur skin when u out it on!
It doesn't break me out and it's easy to remove! Great buy but one downside is it only has limited shades I brought no.23

1. Packaging: It comes in a cute 50ml bottle with a nice pump, but be sure to wipe the pump really good before putting the cap on. Sometimes excess products smudges onto the plastic cap.

2. Quality: Its super lightweight, and it doesn't even feel like your wearing makeup at all. Which, you barely are. It kinda sinks into the skin and dissapears after 1 hour, and I have combo oily skin. There are grey undertones some reason but it fades too, after 10 minutes. Sets well with powder. The color range is really small though, there's only 5 shades. I got it in #21 which is a bit light for me. I have fairish medium asian skin, but you know how in Asia the thing is to be super white/pale? Like a good milky white fair colored skin means your high class. So anyways, I tried 21 and 23 on my hand and I thought 23 would be perfect with my skintone but for some reason I got #21-light beige. It looks okay since it's not super full coverage. Some people are stuck in between 2 shades like me, so they buy both colors and mix them. I don't have the patience to do that lol, or the money haha. It has 42 SPF which is really good. It kinda smells like sunscreen though.
It is very moisturizing and doesn't flake off like some foundations do on the dryer areas of my skin ( between eyebrows, cheeks) It does brighten up the complexion after the greyness fades.

3. Price: I got mine at the Korean airport for only 11 U.S. dollars, plus its a full size. I think the usual price is around 30 dollars. Not too bad..

PROS: light, sheer, brightening, healing skin, good for all types, good packaging, price is good if you find it on sale/in korea, can be worn alone if you have dry/normal skin, good for travel
CONS: grey undertones, expensive at full price, have to use powder/blot for oily skin, smells like old lady sunscreen, small range of colors.

Overall, it's a really good product if you're young (I'm 13) and looking for a light coverage or starting out with makeup (I started in January mwahah. ) You still have to blot your face or use powder if you have oily skin like me, though. I would purchase it again!(:

on 5/28/2012 6:57:00 PM

This bb cream was the first one I've ever tried since I heard about this new revolutionary product developed by German scientists, brought into the cosmetic & skincare world by Asians. My first impression was, "Wow! It has all this to offer?! Definitely going to buy it."
I bought my first 50ml tube in a store specializing in Korean skincare. The sales lady suggested Light Beige for my pale, fair skin. I cleansed, etc. the next morning and opened the bbcream. The packaging is nice, it's a tube with a pump attached. Simple. There is also a plastic cap for the tube. I pumped about a pea size into my right palm, and dabbed little bits onto my face with my left fingers. I blended the bbcream as I went, starting from my nose outward. It blends rather well. Not oily at all. I don't find the smell to be too bothering, it will go away. After blending, my skin looks remarkably more even (even more so bc I have hyper-pigmentation). After 2-3 minutes, the bbcream seems to have completely dissolved into my skin and the results were fantastic! I now use this pretty much every day and only use foundation for nights out. For all the benefits it has given my skin, the price is no problem! It's made my skin more even, gave it a bit of glow, covers up acne, provides uv protection, and....well I just love it!