MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

3.6

on 6/26/2012 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i received this in a swap, but from what i see, it can generally be bought on amazon for under $20 USD. i have this in shade 21, and to my understanding shade 13 is lighter, and shade 23 is darker. i'm not sure if there are more shades than those. usually i buy the lightest shades in foundations and powders, as i'm generally around an NC15 color, but the MUA-er i swapped with was only a little darker than i am, and she said this was too light for her, so i figured i'd give this shade a try.

for reference, i am acne-prone, with some acne pigmentation still visible, and i'm between normal and combination, generally more on the normal side. tone-wise, i'm neutral, leaning warm.

i love the packaging of this product-- the pump makes it very hygienic, and it's easy to control how much i get out. i use about 1 pump total for my entire face.

blending this is an absolute dream! i do 1 part of my face at a time-- cheek, forehead, nose, etc, and this stays moist enough to be blended as much as i like. i usually do each part of my face, and then lightly re-blend it all together. after a few minutes it dries to a dewy finish. if i dont powder it, it doesnt disappear throughout the day, but i usually powder it just b/c i prefer a more matte look/feel.

color-wise, i was disappointed at first when i pumped a bit out onto my finger, as the color looked too dark for me and slightly gray in tone. when it's actually blended into my face, however, its a perfect match! i asked my husband what he thought, and he said he liked it, that i looked very "healthy and natural". the grayish tone doesnt come across on my face. and the coverage is great! it covers my freckles completely, but most of them AR pretty light. it covers my pigmentation/red spots from past acne, but i need to dab on a 2nd layer for it to cover any active acne or particularly dark spots. it covers redness around my nose and mouth area, and a light 2nd coat does pretty darn good to act as an under eye concealer. honestly i probably need to use some ACTUAL concealer there, but this does well enough alone, and gives me a not-too-made-up look.

for how long it lasts, i havent really tried it out for a super-long day, but i've gotten 8 hours of it easily (with powder, but no touchups throughout the day)

for the amount of product that you get, i'd definitely re-buy this in the future. i LOVE that its spf 42 and has both UVA AND UBV protection. the package says that it lightens spots as well, and i'll update again to see if this actually lives up to the "skin improving" aspect. i've very glad that i swapped for this!!! :)

UPDATE: 08/06/12
i'd still give this a "yes" for re-buying. as in, i dont regret getting this-- i'm not sure i'll buy more when i run out though. i find that this shade is a little bit too dark, and while the coverage is good, even with a setting powder thi doesnt stay as matte throughout the day as i'd like.

on 6/21/2012 12:42:00 AM

read lots of reviews before i went to purchase this product

do agree that this bbcream got great coverage
but then, IT BROKE ME OUT.

i guess it was too thick for me.

i got sensitive skin with acnes.
the fst time i had it on, it felt great, was really happy with the look for the day cause it gave me great skin natural healthy skin.
but when i was taking it off at nite.
wow. pimples popped out everywhere.

and i was afraid to put it on cause random pimples kept popping out on the next few days.

then after a while, i wanna to give it a try cause i don't want to have to wast the product and thought it might be something that was causing the pimples.
the same thing happened....

now, i use the bbcream on my legs to block out scars.

gave it a two star cuz if this product didn't break me out. i would love it.

on 5/28/2012 6:57:00 PM

This bb cream was the first one I've ever tried since I heard about this new revolutionary product developed by German scientists, brought into the cosmetic & skincare world by Asians. My first impression was, "Wow! It has all this to offer?! Definitely going to buy it."
I bought my first 50ml tube in a store specializing in Korean skincare. The sales lady suggested Light Beige for my pale, fair skin. I cleansed, etc. the next morning and opened the bbcream. The packaging is nice, it's a tube with a pump attached. Simple. There is also a plastic cap for the tube. I pumped about a pea size into my right palm, and dabbed little bits onto my face with my left fingers. I blended the bbcream as I went, starting from my nose outward. It blends rather well. Not oily at all. I don't find the smell to be too bothering, it will go away. After blending, my skin looks remarkably more even (even more so bc I have hyper-pigmentation). After 2-3 minutes, the bbcream seems to have completely dissolved into my skin and the results were fantastic! I now use this pretty much every day and only use foundation for nights out. For all the benefits it has given my skin, the price is no problem! It's made my skin more even, gave it a bit of glow, covers up acne, provides uv protection, and....well I just love it!

on 5/21/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased the BB cream in beige. I've still got winter skin, so I'm very fair, but as a note to all the ladies out there with olive skin: THIS IS NOT THE SHADE FOR YOU. It would have been a perfect match for me...if it wasn't so gray! Different undertones and I might have really enjoyed the product.

Color aside, the product smells nice and did give me a nice coverage, but sheer enough to not feel heavy. I wore this to go to a yoga class (and I sweated my brains out) and there was good staying power...though I had a primer on as well, so that might have helped.

In sum: Probably a good product! But BEIGE IS NOT GOOD FOR OLIVE SKIN!

on 5/2/2012 10:44:00 AM

For reference, I am a NC20 in MAC, 002 in Revlon, Light02 in Maybelline. I have quite alot of red acne scars(not pitted but discolored scars) and some small acne from time to time. My skin has a "unoticeable" yellow undertone since it is pretty unseen & I look whiter than most Asians. But when applying makeup, yellow undertone matches my skin the best. I use it in #21

Now the product. I have been using this one for 3 years already. And with such experience, I can tell you exactly what I like about it and exactly what I don't. I have tried it in every size it comes in, i bring the 20ml size one with me on trips/flights. and keep the full size on at home. My skin has its ups and downs and when it's super clear with only few acne scars, this is THE HG FOUNDATION/BB CREAM for my face. A little goes a long way and I only dot it on my problem areas after moisturizer. When using minimal amount of this bb cream, the color matches me perfectly and gives my skin a flawless finish (with setting powder ofc). Thick consistency, powder like finish, not quite matte, dewy finish. Baby powder smell, too strong for my liking.
I only have problem with this bb cream when my skin is an absolute disaster. When i'm on my final exam weeks or period, my skin breaks out, becomes crazy red all over. Although my acne dries up pretty fast, it takes long time before the driness goes away. This bb cream has quite impressive coverage but I still need a whole lot (one and a half pump)for my face when it's going insane. & everything is just not right. When you pile too much bb cream on, it looks grey/ashy/dirty/cakey, you name it. Plus, this bb cream has a pinkish undertone so when i apply too much, it just doesn't match my yellow undertone right and give me a messy look. When i let it set, it dries up my problem areas and accentuate them quite alot.

Hence, I figured out a way to make it look less messy when my skin is breaking out (since i still haven't found a bb cream that does a 'better' job and i don't wanna use foundations). I dab a sheer coat over any redness or pimples, blend in by dabbing with my concealer brush. Then taking a smaller brush, dab my actual concealer over spots that need more coverage. Then set with a loose powder. This method minimizes the use of bb cream and makes it look less heavy while giving a natural finish. This is quite time consuming so I ordered a tube of #23 hoping that it would fit my yellow undertone more and look less pinkish/ashy when I apply slightly more.

Here is the final verdict: Best bb cream for coverage, wish it has less pink undertone, will continue to purchase this until I find something better, too dewy for summer, too scented for sensitive skin.

on 4/30/2012 11:34:00 PM

Every major cosmetics company has been jumping on the B.B. cream bandwagon like there's no tomorrow. I am happy to remain on the sidelines; fads needs to be very persuasive to make me sway their way.

My sister had given me a bottle because there was no tester at the Korean grocery store and the colour turned out to be too light for her skin tone.

On a lazy Sunday, I decided to put on a couple of dollops and all I can really say is that sometimes it is better to excel in one thing versus being mediocre in many. Despite the package's claims, it does not do everything that it purports to do , i.e. conceal, moisturize, heal, diminish lines etc. Furthermore, am I the only one here who finds it annoying that there is still a fixation with "skin lightening" and whitening in our post-colonial age?

Anyway, if you can reconcile with the fact that you are merely purchasing a slightly more pigmented moisturizer, go for it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had high hopes for this product, because it has been very hyped for a while now. I had to realize that it wasn't going to be a miracle worker, and I think it's good for what it is. I have been using this for about 2 months now, and while my skin feels a little smoother, it doesn't seem to have helped in any other way.

I got #13 Bright Beige, and I thought it was going to be very grey, but it oxidizes once it sits on the skin. It is not at all moisturizing, and my skin is very dry, so it sticks and flakes on the dry areas. If I use a moisturizer before, there are no problems, but I was under the impression that BB creams like this are supposed to be an "all in one" product.

I use a 1:1 ratio of my regular face primer and this, and then put my foundation over it. I know this isn't supposed to be full coverage by any means, but I can get more coverage out of a tinted moisturizer. My face looks just a little less red, but other than that, it looks like I have nothing on. I think only people with really, really good skin would have any luck using this in place of a foundation.

One thing I really like about this is that it is a really good value. Even though it's being imported from Korea, it still sells on eBay and Amazon for pretty cheap. Like I said, I've been using this for two months, and not even half the tube is gone (I got the 20 mL size) I can see the 50 mL tube lasting for a year, maybe more.

I don't know if I'll repurchase this. It's not really doing any harm right now, but I was expecting a little more.

HOT DAMN! This is beautiful. The shade No. 13 is so pale and wonderful I can hardly contain my excitement. It is seriously the most gorgeous pale shade I have ever experienced (and I've tried them all). Bright, not pasty or patchy at all, easy to blend, neither yellow nor pink, just as fair as can be and super flattering. Pale girls rejoice! REJOICE!

on 4/2/2012 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this bb cream in the no. 23 shade because I'm relatively tan for an Asian. This is the first bb cream I've ever tried, and I really like it. While it has very light coverage, it's definitely buildable in areas where more coverage is needed. I have combination acne-prone skin, and this does NOT break me out at all. It also fails to fully cover my acne scars and dark circles, though. For me, this is not a huge issue because I use a separate concealer anyways, but for those wishing for a real all-in-one product, keep in mind that if you have bad skin, this will only make any blemishes slightly less noticeable. My favorite thing about this bb cream is the really natural, glowy finish. Anybody saying it is cakey or unnatural looking is using too much or is using an inappropriate shade. All you need is a very veeery small amount- a little less than pea size. If you use an appropriate amount, it should feel extremely light- as if it's just a light moisturizer. People say that the high SPF causes a white cast in pictures, and that's probably true, but I haven't really seen any pictures where I distinctly remember wearing the bb cream, so I can't confirm that. All in all, it is a really natural bb cream with light coverage that is great for everyday wear.

When I first used this I loved it. It goes on so smooth and has great coverage- better than most medium coverage foundations. I used colour no. 23 which is a bit too light for me but after a few hours it oxidises and matches my skin tone better. Covered most of my acne scaring and redness rather well. However if you apply too much it looks cakey. Also it does not last throughout the day. 4 hours tops. It didn't break me out before but after using it for about 2 months everyday I've noticed that it clogs my pores and gives me little acne bumps all over my skin. I think this is due to the mineral oil ingredient. It doesn't cause big under the skin cystic acne which I usually get from using other foundations though. It has lightened my skin because after I've stopped using this I've had to go back to one of my old foundations until I find something better and I've noticed that that foundation matches me perfectly now and it was way too light before. Also it makes you very oily. So great for people who are not prone to acne, have normal- dry skin and don't react badly to mineral oil and want something that has good skin benefits as well as being a smooth medium coverage foundation.