MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

3.6

I got this 2 months ago in the full size in #23. It's too dark for me by a little bit so I will probably go for #21 next time if I think it is worth it to splurge (I spent $9 for it for signing up for the newsletter on Missha M website. So if I buy it again, I will have to spend more).

It works pretty well as a foundation but I haven't noticed the kinds of skin benefits I expected it to have. I still get acne and still have fine lines. It actually settles into my fine lines on my forehead, so that's upsetting. It also is too pink for me while I have golden undertones. I kind of look silly when I first apply it all over my face but as everyone has said, it oxidizes so it matches a bit better. But that doesn't say anything about the quality that is just matching problems.

It doesn't last as long as I expected it to. It doesn't conceal as well as I thought it would. I'm thinking people who I heard review this only have 4 hour work days and flawless skin (or barely flawed). For those of us who have 8-12 hour work days and acne and fine lines, this is not super duper effective. It's ok, but just as good coverage as an average foundation. Need concealer! And yes I have tried to layer the stuff over blemishes twice and it doesn't help as much as you would think. Can. still. see. blemishes. And it is not cute, it just looks like I half assed my makeup pardon my language.

All that said, it's better than most foundations I have tried because it doesn't cake a great amount, it has a nice finish, it covers enough for a foundation, it doesn't break me out, and it has skin benefits:super spf, anti-aging (or so they claim), skin brightening effects, blah blah blah.

Pros: Nice radiant finish, not too shiny, medium coverage, doesn't break me out, nice color-not orange, lots of spf, I guess my face is softer and I'm brighter I guess...but dang I wish my fine lines were gone! Guess I can't have everything they PROMISED >XP geez... oh and cruelty free :3 (except for the caviar part)

Cons: Still have fine lines and acne, comes off after 4-5 hours (needs a finishing spray), DO NOT use everyday minerals base over because it will look sooo cakey, doesn't conceal as much as expected, accentuates fine lines, expensive, no yellowy undertone colors for fair skin available.

on 4/11/2013 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So I bought this as a bunch of samples to last me about a week, I can't believe I found them because I didn't want to buy the full size and end up hating it. I got the color 21 because it was all I could find. I was going to get 13, but I'm so glad I didn't. My skin is about NC15, leaning neutral, and 21 is the most perfect match for me I've ever found. People complain about a grey cast to it but I found it helped with the redness in my cheeks. The grey does fade nicely and the cream turns a neutral shade, so if you're very yellow I wouldn't recommend this. The consistency is thick and creamy, which I love, and it covers amazingly. I'd say it was medium buildable coverage. I put it on with my RT expert face brush and it looks flawless. My skin is somewhat dry at the moment and this BB cream doesn't make it worse. It doesn't really hydrate, but I didn't expect it to. The finish is dewy and very flattering. I'm definitely buying the full size of this, I absolutely love it.
EDIT: This ended up clogging my pores, which I was so sad about. It's still a beautiful product, it just didn't work for me. Definitely more for those with dry skin that doesn't clog easily.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

After hearing so much good things about this BB cream, I decided to try it. Actually it was my first REAL BB cream (because I first tried the Garnier BB cream, wich isn't a real one) and I didn't really know how to use it.
I may sound a bit stupid but one year ago, I wasn't familiar at all with any makeup.. So when I discovered BB cream, I thought "I don't have to learn about concealer, foundation, SPF and all those things".
So I brought it first on the 21st shade (wich is like NC-20/25) and it looked really nice, blended nicely and covered ALL my horrible acne (I have really dry skin, no oil, but a lot of acne). It was a bit darker that my skintone so after about 3 month of use I decided to buy the 13st shade. And this one matched my really fair skin so it's good for REALLY white skin.
I have dry skin and this BB cream marks a lot the little dry spots and if you have red areas, then it's not really for you.
It does cover and unify my skin but not really my red areas, I have to put a green concealer under it. Plus, I looks a bit cakey if you put like two thin layers of this BB cream..
It's a good BB cream but only for skin that doesn't have blemishes..
Oh! And it caused me really little breakouts, like super little pimples that stays under you skin and looks like little mountains..

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This BB cream is too heavy and warm for oily skin (which I have). There are more shades to choose from which is a good thing but if you are oily like me, you will prefer a much thinner BB cream that still covers flawlessly but doesn't make your face feel heavy or too warm.

This BB cream also made me oil more than other BB creams that I've tried (I've tried a lot of BBs). I now just use this one on my neck (as it can do with more moisture/emollient) when I go out as a sun protector but don't use it on my face.

on 3/11/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought my BB cream from the Missha store when I visited Seoul last year and about a month after continuous use I saw big improvements. I've been using this BB cream for over a year now and I love it. I have oily acne prone skin and with most foundations, after 3 hours the foundation melts off my face and I get cakiness around my nose area. This BB cream lasts longer than the foundations but I still do get the oiliness after about 5 hours. With an oil control primer I stretch that out to 6-7 hours. I don't break out as often as I used to and I've noticed a slight lightening of my skin (maybe it's the sunscreen). The coverage is a medium coverage. If I need a little more, I just dab a little more on the places that need more coverage. In the winter, I don't use powder on top of it, but I need powder in the summer to keep the shininess at bay. I agree with the other reviewers in that if you have dry, flaky skin, this BB cream tends to enhance that so applying a primer or moisturizer beforehand will help if you have dry skin. It does have a slight scent which I find pleasing and it goes on so smoothly you only have to use a small amount (1 pump is enough). You really get a lot of value here. I paid about $18 US for my BB Cream (it was on sale) and I've used up maybe 1/3 of the tube after almost 1 year of use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

pros
- decent shade selection
- good hygienic packaging

cons
- don't like the way it feels on my skin. was hoping for a cream, but it feel like a rather thick/heavy foundation. This was my first bb cream, so i can't say if it was better or worse than other creams

* Updated the rating after using it for a while. Again, I haven't tried any other BB cream, purely because lack of shade selection. I have gotten used to this one. I mix it with my moisturizer and the thickness does not bother me any more. Will keep buying until the drugstore brands come up with more than three shades.

Although the price was a bit high, I really like this product! I have acne-prone/blemished skin and I would always cake myself up with all the heavy foundations. After I heard alot of reviews on Missha M perfect cover BB cream, I thought, 'Why not just give it a try?' . And I have to tell you, its by far the best money I spent on a product cause it's amazing, But I am not sure if it breaks you out cause I do break out one or two pimples some times. Oh well, all in all, I would definaately buy this product agaaaain ! :)

on 10/17/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So this was my first experience with an Asian BB cream. Definitely more coverage than by previous bb creams found in the US. #21 worked well with my fair skin. Coverage comparable to a foundation. It was just a tad heavy for me. By the end of the day my face left a tad dry. Wanted to love it, but it's just ok. I'm sticking with my bare minerals as I feel it gives with a lighter finish.

on 10/5/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

All of my life, my skin has been resistant, if not downright stubborn, about products and makeup. Any liquid foundation, even tinted moisturizers, gunked up on my skin, settled funny, and even emphasized the awful texture of the skin on my nose. I can barely wear most pressed powders either, and had to stick to nearly sheer mineral foundations which pretty much defeated the entire reason I wanted to wear makeup in the first place - coverage!

I did not understand the hype of BB creams because of all of this. What could this foundation do differently to make me want to wear it? EVERYTHING is the answer! Light weight, doesn't settle, lots of SPF, gorgeous texture, and it remains natural looking even if I sweat a little. BB cream, I am a believer! I do want to note that sometimes I do still have trouble wearing even BB cream, I have to be VERY careful how much I apply because it can still do what all other liquid foundations do to my skin. But, my excitement remains that I can control how and where the color goes much better than typical makeup.

on 10/5/2012 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is textured from acne scars and has many hyperpigmentation spots that I am still working on getting rid of. Also, I have oily to combination (in winter) skin that is sensitive and acne-prone. With all that said, I have given this product a 2 lippy rating due to several factors.
* This product contains mineral oil in the first few ingredients, which means it will sit on top of your skin. In my experience, you NEED to set these types with a powder. Also, it just won't last if you warm up from any kind of physical activity or because of the weather. With the SPF rating, it should be great for summer... but I have a hard time believing the staying power in this formula will last more than an hour or two in nature. Also, if you're acne-prone.. mineral oil is the devil's liquid.
*The color range is narrow. I know with many BB creams, it is hit or miss. With that knowledge, I didn't take off any rating for it. But you know what? There is a market for more shades and somebody needs to fill it. On that note, the color I used was a perfect match however.
*There just are not enough good ingredients in here to warrant any sort of skin care praise. This is make-up... plain and simple. It's bad for your skin just like every other foundation type product out there (and if you want to argue that this is not a foundation, you're barking up the wrong tree).
*It's super pricey.
*The packaging is fantastic. I like the tube with the pump lid. It also has a cap to keep from accidentally pumping out product if placed in a bag or something.
*Really not too noticeable of a smell.
*The consistency was very nice and spread evenly.
*Left a nice dewy look to my skin. I would have liked this if I had drier skin, but even with a mattifying primer underneath, I had some issues with an oil-slicked face within the hour of application.

Overall, it's a decent enough product that would work for drier skin types, if you are in the shade range they offer and have money to burn since you probably don't care too much about the benefits of a true BB cream. What I mean by "benefits of a true BB cream" is that so far, I have not found any that truly worked the way their claims touted. I guess there is no such thing as a true BB cream? That's harsh though. I'll settle with: I haven't found it yet and if you are looking, don't stop your search here.