MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

3.6

Shade - 27

Did it last all day - This product would last a good 4 hours until I would need to retouch on hot days. On cold days, it would last a good 6 hours.

How did your skin react to it - I have dry acne prone skin and if I don't wash off the product after using I would break-out, so make sure to deep cleanse off this stuff.

Coverage - I have many pimples and acne scars that were covered pretty well. I would say a 8/10 (10 being the highest). The product feels light on my face and it is as if my skin can breathe underneath.

on 11/30/2014 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do like this a lot.

I like that it has spf, is blendable, moisturizing, has good coverage

I think the lasting power is ok, I would say average.

I love that the shade almost has a greyish undertone, which works pretty well with my olive skin tone (NC20-25 for reference). Sometimes I mix in another tinted moisturizer that I own that is too dark to add a little warmth.

This is my second tube and I plan to get another when I am done.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this bb cream, it has the perfect coverage and it doesn't break me out.

on 10/10/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have REALLY oily skin, so Its hard for me to make this product work most of the time (I only use it during cool/cold weather). I had number 23 and I really hated that shade since its gray and when it oxides it turned my face super gray. I now have number 27 and I love it. My face is not as oily as it was (usually when I put make up my tzone gets oily after putting it on for an hour even with setting product) so it agrees with this bb cream. This is only $11 at amazon so I suggest to go ahead and buy it if you are looking for a medium coverage bb cream AND if you have dry to normal skin. I just ordered Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream in number 27 and I can't wait to try it on! ($15 in amazon)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I use the #23 shade and it works well enough for my NC 25-30 skin. It is on the grey side and can look a little light, but that can be fixed with a little bronzer. It doesn't oxidize on me and provides great medium to full coverage if I build on it. A little can go a long way. The formula is pretty thick and sticky so it takes some work to get it blended into the skin. I apply it with a RT foundation buffing brush and it looks flawless. The finish is semi-matte and does leave a bit of a glow. My skin is really oily especially in the T-zone and this is the only BB cream I've tried that does not make me an oil slick after a few hours. In fact, it can last as long and as well as my Revlon colorstay, as long as I set it with a powder. Definitely set it with a powder to keep it from feeling tacky. It even stays put when it gets a bit wet so I don't worry about having it on while exercising or in the rain. I have even worn it while out on the water since it has a high SPF. The packaging is travel friendly and is easy to keep hygenic. It has a slight fragrance but it doesn't bother me as much as a Garnier BB cream. It doesn't break me out and works well to cover my acne and discoloration. I like to use this when I'm not using my Revlon colorstay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This BB creme is too white for my complexion. It makes me look grey and ghost like. The coverage was light and it doesnt stay on for the whole day either. I dont even know if the sunscreen works or not. The only things I like about it are its pumping tube and that it is natural looking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:

Coverage: High (for a bb cream)
Compared to other foundations though, this is medium coverage. It helps to cover redness, pigmentations, acne but obviously doesn't cover everything (though I never expect any bb cream or foundation to completely cover these problem areas, I always follow up with a concealer to keep makeup looking natural).

Blend-able: Blends very easily onto the skin without highlighting any of my flaky and patchy areas. It looks like skin. I also love how well concealer just blends into this bb cream and doesn't sit on top of the skin.

Natural: It looks natural, especially from a distance.

SPF: high spf 42 pa+++

Cons:

Oil-control: Zero control. This is the reason I won't be repurchasing. It rubs away where the glasses sits at my nose. I don't actually mind using bb creams that don't have oil-controlling properties but what I cannot stand is using something that exacerbates my oily skin problem. This left me looking like a oily mess at the end of the day, and the longevity of this bb cream is poor. It didn't stay put and started to cake. If you have dry skin, maybe this would work well for you.

Heavy: my first reaction using this was 'woah, this feels heavy'. It's definitely not as light in texture as skin79 hot pink or gold (both of which are more watery in texture that the missha perfect cover).

Sticky: you will need to powder, A LOT. Otherwise this cream can feel very sticky.

Shade: It doesn't match my skin tone but good in that it doesn't give me a ghostly white look. Wish this was warmer in colour, I don't like how this makes me look orange/red (I have this is in shade no.23).

I got a large tube of this in #23 from Amazon and used it for about a week.

Pros:
-Fantastic coverage!
-Great SPF42 sunprotection.
-Great value. Apparently you can get some really good deals from the Missha US online store, but I chose Amazon because I have the prime membership that allows me to receive eligible items within 2 days for free.

Cons:
-Heavily fragranced. If you don't like it, it'll be tough having to smell it all day. It's pretty strong.
-One of the top ingredients is mineral oil! What?? I thought that was bad for your skin.
-Doesn't reeeeeally match my skin tone. But the next one down is a super orangey #27?? I'm more of a NC25 and the color of this makes me look a little lifeless. I'd probably brighten it up with blush for sure. There's almost no pink in this, but also seems to have no yellow.
-Lasts about 4-5 hours, then it rubs off with a simple accidental swipe of a hand. For my oily skin, it doesn't control shine all that well. This might be alleviated slightly by the use of oil blotting sheets.
-Wear glasses? this will rub off on the nose piece.

Tips:
-I used to apply it with my fingers and it would accentuate a lot of my pores and dry skin, then I changed to using a flat top dense brush (I bought a knock off sigma brush set from ebay that came with one that works great) and now it looks ten times better-- more dewy, more even, less accentuation of dry skin.

After a couple weeks of use:
-Does not seem to be improving the tone of my skin.
-I have little stubborn acne bumps that formed from use with a previous BB cream (Holika Holika pore clearing) previous to using this, but even after stopping the old BB cream and using this for a couple weeks, the bumps haven't really gone away, which makes me suspicious that this may also be acne-unfriendly.

UPDATE: I have continued to use this now for at least a month. I haven't had any terribly bad reactions, but it tends to clog my pores. If I don't use benzoyl peroxide everyday, this clogs the daylights out of the skin on my cheeks, which rarely has issues, and leaves little bumps. It could be from the mineral oil, sunscreen, or fragrance I suppose, so I'm looking for a different BB cream to try.

on 6/24/2014 2:02:00 AM

This bb cream offers a medium coverage..and has a thick consistency that I do not enjoy especially in the summer time. At first, i enjoyed using it..but then, i realized that it contained mineral oil. My oil skin hates mineral oil...Also, it would look cakey when i apply concealer over this bbcream. Now,i only dare to use it under my eyes..but not on my T zone, because it will break me out and make my skin oily after a few hours and cakey

on 6/23/2014 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

is an amazing bb cream,has great coverage and light texture,easy to apply with the fingers,my only problem are the shades #23 is too pinkish for me and #27 is too dark,so i use #23,as my face is oily i always need set it with powders.