Laura Geller New York Spackle primer/corrector in Bronze

No Image

3.1

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

I received a sample size of this in a birchbox and I've been using it for about a month now. I was afraid it would make me look orange becasue I'm very fair (nc20) but it doesn't at all. It adds a warmth to my complexion without being too bronzy or orange or changing the color of my foundation. This primer is very lightweight and doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all. I've experienced no breakouts from this either and I'm acne prone. It doesn't make my foundation last any longer than other primers I've tried though. Overall I really like the warmth it adds, especially when my skin is sallow in the winter from not being out in the sun. I would most likely repurchase this if I can find it in stores. It's a tad pricey but I don't mind investing in my face products if they work well.

on 11/11/2011 1:24:00 AM

I used to use the reg version of spackle in the past. I have normal / dry skin and found it to be somewhat moisturizing. It worked well for me, but purchasing it was always a pita as no stores carried it. I have always wanted to try the bronze version.

Well I was @ Ulta the other day just browsing as I was bored, and low-and-behold behind me were LG products. I was surprised to see a few shelves dedicated to LG as I though since she was out of Sephora, she was basically out of all brick and mortar stores.

Needless to say when I had seen the bronze spackle I knew I had to try it, rather buy it. My first impression was "wow" the bottle is huge. It carries 2 oz, comes in a pump bottle which is good for hygenic purposes. The cost was $20. Not bad at all!

To begin, I am NC30 w/ normal/ dry skin. I have redness around my nose and cheeks for the most part. I always loved a tinted primer as it helps to even out my skintone. I pumped out about 1 1/2 pumps of this spackle onto my fingertips and applied it all over my face like I would a moisturizer. At first I tried a reg foundation brush, but I felt that it absorb my spackle, as I really couldn't feel it on my skin. Fingers work best for this primer. It felt good on my face, almost cool sensation, and it evened out my skintone slightly ( no orange color) while giving me a subtle glow. Heaven knows I need to glow as I am getting older, my skin looks duller :(

It didn't feel tacky, but moist...it did dry down after a few minutes. This is fine for me as I prime my face, then do my eye makeup, then my fndtn. My fndtn glides on my face, blends easily, and works well with this spackle. I don't have huge pores, so can't really comment on this reducing pore size, but for me this foundation really works well. It does help my fndtn wear longer, even out skintone, gives me a subtle glow, adds a tad more moisture.

Just from the texture of this primer, I honestly don't think it would be all that beneficial for oily skinned ppl, as there are no mattifying ingredients. I would recommend it to ppl w/ the same skin type as me. I am happy with this primer, and will repurchase as long as it's easily available. I do alternate between this and my MAC P&P :)

on 10/20/2011 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a premium sized sample of this from my Birchbox this month. I really wanted to like this primer. This really was the worst primer I have ever used. By lunchtime, my face looked super oily and blotchy. The shimmer in the product only made the oil-slick look worse. The next morning, my face had broken out like crazy. The bronze color would be suitable for any skintone because it is very sheer. As a matter of fact, I didn't notice any bronzing effects after applying this product. Just shimmer and oil. Ugh...Horrible stuff!

on 10/19/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I received the mini $10 version of this in my October birchbox. I'm NC45 and this is a tad (and I do mean a tad) darker than my skin tone but it's so slight that I barely noticed it.

This isn't a bronzer for me but this is definitely evens out my skin tone, gives my face a more natural look, gives a great glow, gives a smooth finish, and enhances the golden tones. I either use this under my foundation, by it's self, or with my foundation in the center of my face and this around the other parts to enhance my golden tones.

This is actually a tiny bit better than the Laura Mercier's Foundation primer (And way better than the oil free primer by Laura Mercier which does nothing for oil control) but I only wear cream foundation and I still have to blot by noon (3-4 hrs) if I wore no powder. But even then I noticed itwas as musch as compared to the two above primers mentioned. With powder (Laura Mercier) I didn't start to shine until about 6 hours of wear.

You won't see anything if you're in the house, I saw a bit of the glitter in an open window, but you really have to go outside in the daylight to see the glitter (so skip if you want a matte finish). I don't have sensitive skin and I didn't have any reaction to the product and the consistently isn't creamy but thin and easily glides on.

It's easy to take off, can give more coverage to foundation, long lasting, and lightweight. I'm wearing ti right now and I don't feel a thing on my face and I've been wearing it for several hours.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this product in my birchbox and was skeptical at first because the color seemed so dark for my paler skin tone. But when I tried it out I found that I really loved it! I wear it alone without foundation, because I hate foundation, and it feels like there is nothing there. It gives my skin the hint of a tiny glow. The thing I love the most about it is that you can't feel it on your skin like with foundation. This is a good product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Got this in October's Birchbox. Don't like it. It is thin, runny, and does nothing. It goes on dark, but is clear. Does not hide pores, which is not a lot to ask of a primer.

on 8/28/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First off i am very oily and i am still on the search for a primer that makes my makeup stay put for the day. This was not good for me at all. I really felt as if this was making my makeup slide off even faster. It goes on nicely and feels good on your face but does not help!

on 7/12/2011 10:04:00 PM

my face is a bit lighter than my neck and body right now, so this is great to even out my skintone and give me a hint of bronziness underneath my foundation. It's great as a primer, never broke me out or made me feel greasy.

on 6/25/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This review is for the tinted spackle, I have nc40 skin so I liked how it toned done the whiteness of my sunscreen but I have sensitive skin annd this stung bad.

on 2/24/2011 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am very unsure about this primer. I wish it were a bit more creamy/thicker. It's a little runny for my liking. It does help my foundation glide on effortlessly and helps t to blend so easily. I do not think it help with blemishes or wrinkles or such. It is good for those with okay skin looking for a primer to help with application of foundation for a flawless finish. I did notice that this primer needs to dry before you apply anything else. My skin is olive and I do not think this has any true color benifits to it. It does not improve color or tone, it just helps to create an even texture of the skin. I do not think I would repurchase because I crave a thicker consistancy. The name is very misleading, it is not spackle like at all. It is runny like a loose hair gel and feels cold on the skin.For the price 24.00 I'm sure there is betrr out there, I've heard the origional untinted spackle is great!